“Good food and nice friendly people” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
PLUMAS LAKE
“Good food and nice friendly people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

It was great to relax and enjoy some good wood fired food and sample some of the many beers on tap. They have a great selection, even though it was the off season and many taps were gone. Even with the limited selection, they still had more choices than any other place in town.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Truckee, California
“Lobsters and Mussels, a Winning Combination!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We had gotten off of our cruise ship for the day and happened to walk past this fabulous, trendy restaurant. The special menu written on a chalk board lured us in--Two lobsters, a bucket of mussels, corn cob, potatoes, and a whole bottle of wine--for $50 (not each, but total!) Who could resist? We sat outside enjoying the fine October weather and I received my initiation into the world of steamed and tender mussels. I don't know why I had resisted before. Our (blonde) waitress was attentive and filled us in about the owner's other restaurants as well as the practicalities of living in Bar Harbor. We topped off our lunch with blueberry pie a la mode--delicious: we were happy and full!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Welshpool, New Brunswick, Canada
“Hmm.. A better bartender maybe?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Arrived at 8:30 with four friends hoping to eat and drink. When we sat down the bartender said "yeh, I guess you can have a drink while I clean up"...then proceeded to do exactly that! Didn't offer food so even though it was a half hour before closing, we were apparently not welcome to order food! Had a beer and went on our way. Too bad, our friend had taken us there for the pizza, which he said was very good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vassalboro, Maine, United States
“Cater my wedding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I will be getting married on the island next summer and quickly convinced my fiancé that we should contact Blaze to possibly cater our special day after I had one meal there. It was the atmosphere, smell and experience that did it for me, too. All the meal choices were excellent, our service was great, the beer selection was awesome, and I wrote the manager the next day asking for information. Don't miss this place the next time you visit Bar Harbor!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh
“Best Wood Fired Pizza I have Ever Eaten!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Half of our group wanted to eat lobster again and half of us wanted something else. Blaze met all of our needs. Two diners shared the Shore Dinner with steamed mussels and whole steamed lobsters. Yum! The other three of us shared two pizzas and still had leftovers. We ordered the seasonal specials- one prosciutto and pineapple and one Autumn pizza. The Autumn pizza had goat cheese, butternut squash, arugula, and sliced apples. The wood fired oven dried the apples and roasted the squash, giving the pizza a most unique taste. I loved it! The crust was amazing, making it the most delicious pizza I have ever had.

Of course, we ordered seasonal desserts which were home runs also. Again, very creative and delicious. We heard that they are opening a restaurant in Bangor also and can't wait to try that.

Visited October 2013