“Great location, comfortable room, pricey” 4 of 5 stars

Harborside Hotel & Marina
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 West St., Bar Harbor, ME 04609   |
Ranked #22 of 42 Hotels in Bar Harbor
New York City, New York
“Great location, comfortable room, pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

The location of the hotel is fantastic. Walking distance to the free shuttle buses to the park, restaurants, tours and the sand bar to Bar Island. This allowed us to leave our car in the lots for most of our trip. The service at the hotel was very good, the rooms comfortable with nice patios and the pool was nice. You can use the spa next door, although we did not. The hotel is fairly pricey, although we thought it was worth it.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

This is the spot to stay in if visiting Bar Harbor/ Acadia. The location can not be beat and it gives you access to the Bar Harbor Club which has an amazing pool that my kids loved. We also loved the FREE laundry facilities! It is a very family friendly hotel!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

We ended up here for 3 nights after our initial hotel choice didn't work out. Great location in the middle of it all, good amenities (pools, tennis courts, etc), lovely staff. Our room was quite large, had a deck with a gorgeous ocean view, nice marble bathroom - no complaints. As this is a large resort, the rooms and common areas will have less character than something like a B&B, but otherwise excellent.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

This hotel is set on a phenomenal location right at the harbor. I came here with several other members of my family and we shared a 3 bedroom suite on the corner. We enjoyed being on the ground floor because we could walk out of our room and use the grass area and go right up to the fence of the harbor. Upon checking in it seemed as if one of the bedrooms hadn't been used in a long time. None of the lights worked and the sink was plugged up. Maintenance came quickly and fixed the problems but it was an annoyance to have to go through that. I'm not sure if this is true, but it seemed to me like the hotel has been recently renovated and they took an old property and tried to make it feel new and luxurious. They got about 90% right but you will notice many things that just are not quite right. This was fine for me on this trip, but if I was the one in charge of making another reservation I'm really not sure that this place would be worth the price that they charge.

Stayed August 2014
Quebec, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights from the 24 to the 27 of august and it was just perfect! We had a really nice room, with a view on the pool, huge balcony and very clean bathroom. This hotel is not cheap, but it is so family friendly and the atmosphere give you the sensation to be in vacations! We had everyday soap, shampo and enought of towels for the shower.The ladies who clean the room were really nice and all the hotel staff had a smile! We could leave the car at the parking and walk all the time around the city. We were very happy with our choice. Just one thing, the 25$ per day fees of the hotel should just be include in the price of the room, that would avoid any surprises from the costumer. I strongly suggest this hotel for family and couples who are travelling in the area.

Room Tip: Not a room on the parking area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

This is our second time staying here and it did not disappoint! When we checked in, our room was not ready but they promptly called us when it was. I had asked for extra towels through a mechanism in their reservation email service a week before our stay, and the extra towels were in the room. We love it here. It is close to downtown, we could walk anywhere, free parking and right on the ocean. My only negative comments is that the hotel only has queen beds for the very expensive rooms $650+. Double beds are a thing of the past in most hotels. We stayed on the first floor which was great. It was quiet. The pool was great as was the jacuzzi (needs lights for nighttime relaxing). We ordered both poolside and ate dinner at the restaurant and I was amazed at how affordable the poolside burgers were. Dinner at La Bella Vita was delicious! We will definitely stay here again. Oh....you do have access to use the Bar Harbor Club next door which we did not but the ability to do so was there. It was included in the resort fee as was the valet parking. This is a great place to stay!!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
chris torrey t, General Manager at Harborside Hotel & Marina, responded to this review, September 27, 2014
Dear Mabela54,

I was pleased to read your review- starting with the title! I would like personally to thank you for sharing your great experience at the Harborside Hotel and Marina with other travelers. Your review highlights the great opportunities guests at the Harborside have access to, starting with its location. I am pleased to hear all the positive comments in your review- and your “only negative” is something to definitely something to consider!

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back!

Warm Regards,
Chris Torrey
Elizabeth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

My wife and I arrived on Sunday Aug 25,2014. We waited about an hour for our room, our arrival time was approximately 3:30 pm. We finally walked in the room, to a filthy,stained carpet. I was in schock that a hotel of this quality would rent out this room. Needles to say, we were moved.The new room. A/C did not work, the safe was not working, had dead batteries. a couple of the towels looked old & damaged. Positive note, service was quick respond to fix both items. I would have given a lower rating, however hotel was very nice overall. For the price & such nice hotel, I would have expected more. Managament needs to do a better job overall. Housekeeping director is a good start.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Beny53,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers, here at the Harborside we strive for 100% guest satisfaction, on behalf of all the staff on property I would like to apologize that we fell short in our effort. We value all of our guest’s feedback as it helps us constantly improve-I will certainly be addressing the issues that you encountered during your time as a guest at the Harborside. The issues that you encountered were not up to our standards, however, I am pleased to hear that our team on shift were responsive to all your needs to help overlook some of the oversights.

If you chose to return to the Bar Harbor area- I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back- please do not hesitate to contact me directly as I am happy to assist!

Warm Regards,
Chris Torrey

Been to Harborside Hotel & Marina? Share your experiences!