“we keep coming back!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Toronto, Canada
“we keep coming back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

This past July marked our 9th visit to the Harborside. This year we brought friends and family for a total of 12 guests. As per usual, the Harbourside did not disappoint and has 8 new members to its fan list. Its location on the water is beautiful. Sitting on our balcony sipping my coffee, smelling the sea air, and being seranaded by sea birds was a wonderful to start my day. Our room was spacious, the beds comfy and as in the past breakfast in the Bella Vita (the hotel restaurant) was delicious. Add to that, the Harborside is within walking distance of several great restaurants. Finally no day of our visit was complete without a dip in our of the hotel's great pools.

Room Tip: We always enjoy our island view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
chris torrey t, General Manager at Harborside Hotel & Marina, responded to this review, October 12, 2014
Dear 06Suze,

I would like to thank you for being one of our valued OPAL guests and for your return trips to the Harborside. I was pleased to read that we were able to accommodate yet another great stay, for our new and returning guests. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with other travelers, such experiences are best told by our guests.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back!

Chris Torrey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

This hotel is in a terrific spot in Bar Harbor, right on the water with a lot of facilities that make for a really nice visit. The views are beautiful - even from a ground floor room. The rooms are very nicely appointed and comfortable. Staff is very helpful, but not overbearing. Highly recommend this hotel for a getaway or, if you're lucky enough, a business trip.

Room Tip: Water view if you can get it
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear CharlieandCrew,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your August stay with other travelers; we appreciate all of your kind words, starting with the title of your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the view from you ground floor room, the patio area along these rooms are always fun to watch the working harbor! We are always happy to read about our valued guests experiences while at the Harborside, so I would like thank you again for the kind review!

We hope that if you return to the Bar Harbor area, the Harborside Hotel and Marina will be your lodging facility of choice!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

We stayed here for our honeymoon. The rooms were nice, the staff was friendly and it was what I expected for the price.

Please note that everyone has to pay a $25 club fee per day. It seems a lot of people are surprised by this, but it is clearly stated on the website. We put it to good use playing tennis at the Bar Harbor Club next door.

The hotel has excellent access to the sand bar leading to Bar Island and is close to just about anything you could want in downtown Bar Harbor. Some of my favorite views in the world can be found within a few feet of the front entrance.

It was exactly what we expected for the price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Kenneth B,

On behalf of all the staff at the Harborside, it is my pleasure to say congratulations! I am pleased that you chose to spend this very special moment with us! All of our guests have access to many amenities, including the tennis courts at the Bar Harbor Club, I am happy to hear you were able to enjoy playing a few rounds. We are grateful for all of your kind words regarding your stay; I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your honeymoon experience at the Harborside!

We hope in years to come, you will return to the Bar Harbor area and the Harborside Hotel and Marina.

Congratulations again!

North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Harborside. Our room was clean and spacious. The grounds were lovely, the pool and jacuzzi clean and inviting. The staff we interacted with were attentive and courteous. The location simply can't be beat--within walking distance to the many restaurants and shops in Bar Harbor and just a short drive to Acadia. My only reason for not giving it 5 stars is we felt it was pricey for a room that overlooked the parking area. Next visit, I will be more proactive with asking for the various room locations within the same price category. Overall, we were very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Packyourbag5,

Your review was a pleasure to read, and I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your August stay with other travelers. We value our guest’s feedback, such as yours as this helps contribute to our continued success. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay while in Bar Harbor using many of our amenities on property and enjoying our very convenient location. Your comments regarding the price of your room will be shared with our management team as constructive thoughts going forward in our 2015 season.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Harborside Hotel and Marina!

Beverly, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I can't say enough positive things about this hotel. It's been a wonderful stay for my boyfriend and I. I splurged and booked the room with the hot tub. Let me tell you it was so worth it. Perfect for the day it was cool and rainy, and also coming back from a long hike. We used it everyday! The staff was so friendly and attentive. The ladies at the front desk were so helpful in answering all of my questions and giving directions. We had massages at their spa next door and it was lovely and relaxing. La Bella Vita restaurant is in the hotel and has amazing pizza and pasta. We ate there a few times. I recommend the pizza and passion mojito. The hotel is also prime location as everything is literally right there. We still have a couple of days left for our trip and if I come back to Bar Harbor I will definitely stay here again. Perhaps pricey, but you def get what you pay for and it was worth it.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear angela3481,

I would like to thank you for sharing your amazing time with other travelers; it is always a pleasure to read about our guests experience while in Bar Harbor. On behalf of all the staff I would like to thank you for taking the time to acknowledge our wonderful staff- they appreciate all the kind feedback provided by our valued guests. In my opinion, there is no better way to come back from a long day of hiking or a rainy day to a Jacuzzi ocean front room- I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your accommodations at the Harborside.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Bar Harbor!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Had a great stay at this hotel...well actually two stays! We enjoyed it so much we booked it on our return trip and extended our stay.

Also visited the hotel spa each stay and found the therapist to be outstanding and desk staff welcoming. Highly recommend a visit to the spa.

We had a room with a nice view of the harbor with a patio and enjoyed our meals at the hotel restaurant on an outside veranda. There was a Concierge in the lobby area that actually knew the area well and helped plan routes and book tours. Finally, we liked the hotel's convenient location right on the water and within walking distance of everywhere we wanted to go in Bar Harbor.

I know everything here sounds positive but it was. The front desk staff handled our schedule changes and some special requests without a problem and with a positive attitude. I also don't think we passed any hotel employee that did not say "hi".

I travel quite a bit and this hotel and spa ranks high on my list. Already planning a return visit!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear BJBBJB,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your July experience at the Harborside Hotel and Marina. We strive to provide great service, a clean and comfortable room with many amenities for all of our guests- it always a pleasure when our guests acknowledge their hard work.

Your review provides travelers with great feedback as to what our guest can look forward to while staying in Bar Harbor at the Harborside, we appreciate all the kind words!

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Pembroke, Massachusetts, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I am staying here as we speak. I surprised my husband with a trip here for our 25th anniversary.
I have to say for the money we are being charged, there are a few issues. There were dirty dishes left in our hallway for over 24 hrs that we constantly had to walk by. I used the main bathroom in the lobby last night and it was atrocious! The trash barrel was overflowing with trash all over the floor, I honestly could not believe it! Definitely a lack of attention to detail. Our neighbor next door left his Jacuzzi going 24 hrs a day every day so far, can not even enjoy OUR Jacuzzi and deck. We have had 2 dinners and breakfast at the restaurant, service was great, but I had a dirty coffee cup at breakfast this morning. Checking out on Fri. have been here since Monday, I would have expected better treatment for the money that I paid for this trip, was hoping to make it a special trip for our 25th anniversary.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Susan H,

I would like to thank you for providing great constructive feedback regarding your August stay at the Harborside. On behalf of the management team at the Harborside, I would like to apologize for the service failures causing your 25th anniversary trip to not live up to the standards guests have come to expect from the Harborside. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and I would like to again apologize that we fell short in this pursuit. However I am pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy the location and view of our property.

Your comments have been shared with our management team to help in the pursuit of our guest’s satisfaction.

If you choose to return to the Bar Harbor area, I hope you will contact me directly as I am very happy to assist.

Chris Torrey

Been to Harborside Hotel & Marina? Share your experiences!