“Great Getaway Weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Brooklyn, New York
“Great Getaway Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at Harborside Hotel during our getaway weekend. We both had a great time. The hotel was clean and very pleasant. The rooms itself was spacious and clean. The staff was all kind and helpful. We had the room that overlooked the ocean and all I can say is, what a view! The hotel also had a restaurant inside the building. I forgot the name to it, but the food was great.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel , nice location, great ammenities. Good off season rates. Comfy lobby. Right in the middle of things. Rooms are spacious & hotel staff very accommodating & helpful. A little touristy in season, but otherwise perfect. Have stayed here several times so now starting to feel like home. Love it here!

• Stayed October 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We had a wonderful stay. Beautiful 1 bedroom suite. Updated bath, clean. This hotel has some age but is in great shape. Public area are clean and inviting. Fire going in the lobby with areas too enjoy it. Great location. My only complaint would be what the called a Ocean front suite was a partial ocean view room. But I would stay here again next time we are up that way

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Attleboro, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here last Saturday and Sunday nights. We were upgraded to one of the new pier suites which was awesome! The suite consists of two bedrooms, two full baths, a kitchen, a living room, a deck and a roof-top deck with a Jacuzzi. The room was new and very clean.

The location is great! the shops and restaurants are within walking distance. We even had our own assigned parking spot.... except we were told that we couldn't park there during the day because it's used as a bus turn-around??????

This hotel does have to work on customer service. After leaving around 9am Sunday morning, we returned around 4pm to find that our room wasn't cleaned yet. At this point we just wanted to relax so we put the sign on the doorknob that said we didn't want service but to please leave towels. The doorknob sign was removed but the towels were never left for us. The next morning, our check-out day, we walked up the street to get a coffee before checking out. When we returned, we found two maids in our room starting to throw our things in the trash. I asked them to wait until AFTER we check out before cleaning the room and then I proceeded to dig my wife's iPhone charger and her headphones out of the trash. I didn't bother to dig out the water bottles that we had in the refrigerator or the bag of trail mix that was on the counter which they also threw in the trash. Even if there was a miscommunication with the front desk regarding the status of our check-out, just throwing our things in the trash is absurd.

At one point during the stay, after looking for and not finding an ice machine around, I called the front desk. I was told that I had to walk across the parking lot, across the pool area, go into the next building and go to the second floor if I wanted ice. I don't mind doing this but if the hotel cared about customer service, they would have offered to have someone bring a bucket of ice to me. They could easily avoid the inconvenience by putting an ice machine nearby and/or providing ice cube trays in the freezer.

Overall, the suite is awesome, the hotel is in a great location but they just need to work on how they treat their guests.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The Harborside Hotel & Marina is located on the beautiful bay and within walking distance to the stores and restaurants of Bar Harbor, Maine. From the moment you drive up, the staff is friendly and effective! Great atmosphere throughout the hotel. The lobby has a warm decor including a beautiful stone fireplace. While we were there, a welcoming wood burning fire greeted us. Travel down the friendly corridors (walls painted butter yellow with equally welcoming colored carpets) to your room, and you will find class and cleanliness. The Deluxe room we had was very nice. Beds were very comfortable.....

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I started our Maine journey in bar harbor. We decided to stay here because if the location and we are so glad we did. The location was wonderful and the hotel was so nice. The staff were so pleasant. We had lunch in the restaurant and it was very good. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed in their new section built out over the water. Lovely views, separate bedrooms, great private hot tub on the roof, easy walking to shops, Shore Path and may restaurants and tours. So beautiful! Would stay here again in a heartbeat. Spa was great and very relaxing. We ate breakfast in the hotel every day and it was very enjoyable.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 4003. Private, beautiful views of the harbor, quiet. Loved it!