Really enjoyed this property, which is situation directly on the harbor. We had two rooms on the ground floor, looking out onto the marina, which provided us with copious entertainment. It was especially beautiful on Independence Day. We sat on the porch outside our room to watch the fireworks.
Early mornings come, well, very early in Maine in July. By 4:30 am the sky is getting light, and by 5:30 it is full blown morning. The harbor wakes up slowly, and we really enjoyed watching the morning break, the boats going out fishing, and the people starting to get busy.
The rooms we had were large and quiet. The window treatments were thick enough to keep the morning sun out when we wanted, and the bathrooms were large and clean. I found the staff to be very friendly, cheerful and helpful.
The resort is very close to everything you would want to visit. There are several nice shops, restaurants and, yes, ice cream stores, all within 5 minute walk. As a guest of the hotel you also have privileges at the private Harbor Club next door, which offers spa treatments and other amenities. We were too busy to make use of that benefit, but it looked like a real plus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in downtown Bar Harbor at the ocean's edge; near Acadia National Park; breathtaking view of Frenchman's Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Despegar.com so you can book your Harborside Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harborside Hotel & Marina Bar Harbor, Maine
- Harborside Hotel And Marina