I was worried when I chose this hotel as some of the reviews were really bad. I wrote to some of the reviewers, both good and bad, and I had replies only from people who had written nice things about this hotel who were reassuring about every detail I was worried about.
So I followed their advice and reserved.
Right choice! The hotel is very nice and comfortable: the two rooms we had reserved had gorgeous views (as we had asked) and everything was as expected. The rooms with a view aren't many so you pay a bit more but it is worth every penny!
Plus there is a very handy laundry room with washing machines and dryers (they even provide the soap for free at reception). Good breakfast and dinner, just a slight glitch with a rude and unhelpful waitress.
It is a family hotel, lots of people coming and going but all in all we had a very pleasant stay.
The hotel has the best location, I cannot think of a better place, and even though it was crowded we always found a place to park. It was clean (in some areas a new carpeting would be nice though), staff were helpful.
One piece of advice, do not go looking for whales in mid-September they are long gone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in downtown Bar Harbor at the ocean's edge; near Acadia National Park; breathtaking view of Frenchman's Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Harborside Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harborside Hotel & Marina Bar Harbor, Maine
- Harborside Hotel And Marina