Stayed with my family over this past summer. Our room was advertised as "garden view". Walked in and approached the Front desk. The staff was not friendly. I felt like I was inconviencing them. Very short on words and no smile at all. Got the key for the room and was pointed in the direction of where to go. First impression walking into the room was how dim it was. Had 1 window with blinds closed. I opened the blinds and my apalling vacation began. The light shined in and the stains on the carpet were very visable. A corner floor lamp was removed from the room. Indent from it still in the floor. An obvious attemp not to shine light on the filthy floors. Looked like a combination of food and coffee stains. It looked like someone took a slice of pizza and smeared it accross the floor. Oh well, maybe the "garden view" will redeem the otherwise nasty room. Look out the window and what do I see? A window flower box with a bunch of weeds in it. Wonderful! The 2nd night was no better. A giant ant the size of a jelly bean was crawling across the floor! Should have viewed the other reviews before booking at this hotel. The only redeeming quality was the outdoor pool and jacuzzi. Stay away from this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in downtown Bar Harbor at the ocean's edge; near Acadia National Park; breathtaking view of Frenchman's Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz so you can book your Harborside Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harborside Hotel & Marina Bar Harbor, Maine
- Harborside Hotel And Marina