“A truly great place to stay!!” 5 of 5 stars

Harborside Hotel & Marina
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   55 West St., Bar Harbor, ME 04609   |
Ranked #23 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Ellsworth, Maine
“A truly great place to stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I recently was married in Bar Harbor, Maine and my family, friends, and myself all stayed at the Harborside for the weekend. The staff was truly amazing and friendly. The restaurant and bar at the hotel is awesome! Great food and drinks! Everyone there has a great personality and they really made all of us feel like we were right at home. All my friends raved at how they all had great rooms! This by far is one of the cleanest and well kept hotels I have ever stayed at. The lay out of the hotel is very accomodating to travelers. You don't have to walk miles to get to anything and everything is right there in the main lobby. The entire atompshere is spectacular!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great but I definitely reccommend the ocean view rooms! Amazing views!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Keswick, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

This quite expensive hotel has a lovely view of Bar Harbor (if you're on the right side) and pleasant service persons, e.g., bell persons etc. But for the price one should expect a mini-refrigerator so one can keep wine cool, an in-room coffee maker and similar niceties.
I'd rather spend my dollars at a lovely B&B nearby (I'm sure you can find comfortable pillows elsewhere) and use the savings elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Central, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for our 34th anniversary and had a wonderful time. We had an Island View room with a great view, we even had a few nice days so we could sit on the balcony. Spacious rooms with two chairs and a pull-out couch, one thing I noticed the rooms were very quiet. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was pretty big. All in all it was a great experience. We ate one night in the restaurant attached to the hotel and had a nice meal. The wait staff is friendly and does a good job. You can walk into town or take a tour as they are all close by. We went on the Lulu Lobster boat, Captain John does a great job and I would highly recommend it. It's closed now until spring. We got a fall rate so it was well worth our money, not sure I could afford it during the summer. When I made my reservation they were up front about the $25.00 resort fee. I would go back as we had a fun relaxing time!

Room Tip: Note: There can be a good walk to get to your room. It's kinda of a maze until you make your way...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011 via mobile

I stay at a lot of hotels, and I believe that I am able to judge luxury from consistent performing hotel and value from overpriced. This hotel is clearly overpriced without the expected luxury. Even with that AND the spa closed they still charged us $25 per day Resort fee in addition to the reduculous $399 per night. I will stay the bed was nicer than a courtyard by Marriott, but beside that it was exactly like a courtyard. So bottom-line unless you can get this for under $125 (resort fee included) don't bother!

• Stayed October 2011
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011 via mobile

Very nice, clean room with high-end, modern amenities. Helpful, friendly staff and nice restaurant on site. Loved hanging out by the fireplace in the lobby on a cool, rainy day. The bar staff in the restaurant were all extremely friendly and gave us great advice on things to do in the area.

• Stayed October 2011
Warren, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

My husband and I stayed here while he attended a conference. Our ground-floor, harbor-view room was spacious and comfortable. The view was stunning. Couldn't sit on the cute patio due to rain and mist. Very comfortable bed; friendly staff. Lovely grounds.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Falmouth, ME
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

I don't know why this property gets so many bad reviews. My wife and I had to book kind of a short notice reservation (only two weeks prior to our stay). We booked an ocean front king room on a high floor and got exactly what we requested. The young man at front checked us in one hour prior to the 4PM check-in time. We couldn't find anything wrong with the room and was very relieved due to some of the reviews we had read on tripadvisor. The bathroom was very large with separate walk-in shower & tub. Housekeeping was excellent, we left a request on our room door to be cleaned between 10AM-12PM just before we left at 10AM and was pleasantly surprised to find it had been done when we came back just after noon. Our room overlooked the town landing and it was fun to sit out on the large balcony and watch all the boats coming & going. A few minor issues I'll mention is that it seemed to take forever to get hot water and when it did come it wasn't really that hot. The hotel has coffee in the lobby in the morning but only to about noon time. Hotel is located right in the village, only a short walk to shopping and restaurants. There is construction of a large brand new hotel across the street but that wasn't any issue for us. The hotel will charge you $25 per day resort fee, my wife and I did not use the spa, etc so I cannot comment on them. We would definitely stay at the Harborside again when visiting Bar harbor again.

Room Tip: From what I can tell, the view in the "Island view" rooms is really not bad. Actually that...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Harborside Hotel & Marina? Share your experiences!