My boyfriend and I stayed at Castlemaine Inn over Labor Day weekend, and we had the most wonderful time from start to finish. Weeks before our stay, I emailed Dan (the owner) to ask how best to avoid holiday traffic on our way into Bar Harbor. He responded with a lengthy email chock-full of helpful advice, and he even offered to give us a discounted rate on an extra night since they had a gap in their books.
The room we booked, the Lile Marlene, was beautiful and very comfortable -- and we made great use of the porch, which was perfect for late-night wine sipping. The bathroom/shower was a little small, but we knew that before we booked, so it didn't bother us a bit.
As for the breakfasts? Delicous. Nothing more to be said.
The moment we left, we started mentally planning our next trip. If that's not a great tribute this wonderful inn and it's wonderful staff, I don't know what is!
- Also Known As:
- Bar Harbor Castlemaine Inn Bed And Breakfast
- Bar Harbor Castlemaine Hotel
- Bar Harbor Castlemaine Hotel Bar Harbor
- Bar Harbor Castlemaine Inn B&B Maine
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Bar Harbor Castlemaine Inn B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.