“Very, very nice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bayview

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bar Harbor
The Bayview
You added The Bayview to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   111 Eden Street, Bar Harbor, ME 04609   |
Ranked #1 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
La Barge, Wyoming
“Very, very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

We checked out of townhouse #312 on August 20. The view was awesome, the staff were awesome (easy drop-off and pick-up in town too), the breakfast was awesome. Staying in the townhouse was nice with three sleeping areas, a full kitchen, and a washer/dryer. We had a trailer and they let us park it along the side which worked out very well. We all loved it. Thanks.

Room Tip: Would recommend the townhouse for families staying for several days. Lots of room.
Trish04609, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this review, August 30, 2014
I remember you and thank you! We enjoyed having all of you here. I am glad we could accommodate the trailer for you. We all know what parking challenges we face around Bar Harbor in the summertime! I will pass along all of your compliments and comments too – and a special thank you from me for mentioning the view! We have lots of people question whether there is a view from the townhouses and you answered them! The townhouses are back from the water’s edge but wow! What a view! Please come back again someday, we would love to have you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
LINY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

This hotel is incredibly clean from top to bottom. The bathroom looked like it was installed the morning we got their and never used. The staff couldn't do enough to help in three days I only had to open the front door one time. My wife asked for an extra blanket at the front desk and it was delivered before she returned to the room. This property is located on the bay and is so quiet you could here a pin drop. The cookies were a daily temptation. The breakfast was delicious but mostly pastries of all kinds. The room was oversized with 2 queens and queen sleeper sofa. Shuttle service is the best I have ever received.

Trish04609, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
How wonderful! I think it is important to tell you how much we enjoy providing "incredible service". We have been extremely fortunate to welcome guests that make it easy to tend out to them. Whether we are welcoming guests back year after year or meeting them for the first time it is a pleasure. Bar Harbor is a great place to visit and we are glad you had such a nice time! Thank you!
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Stayed at the Bayview August 5-9 . Have to say it was one of the nicest places we have ever stayed in! The people there were all very friendly and helpful from the front desk to the shuttle drivers, to the chef and food helpers, to the bartenders, John and Harry, and the housekeepers Becky and Debbie! Everyone was very professional and went out of their way to speak to you and to see if they could help you in any way. The rooms were spotless and wonderfully large with a gorgeous view of the bay. The breakfast buffets were incredible! Honestly have nothing negative to say! Anyone we came in contact with in Bar Harbor were extremely friendly and pleasant, would love to go back. Absolutely beautiful place!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Trish04609, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
Thank you! We all really appreciate the kind words! The entire team here does a wonderful job and when guests take the time to learn the names of the staff and mention them individually it means even more. You even talked about our community as a whole and that is such a nice thing to hear. Summer in Bar Harbor can be crazy and yet people still take the time to stop and say hello! Thank you so much for the review and please do come back again!
Towson, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I loved everything about this place. The people were kind, the food was great, the rooms were spotless, and the view was to die for. It is close to Bar Harbor, although I don't believe in walking distance, but is quiet.

Trish04609, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Wonderful review! I agree with you about the people, the food, the rooms and the view. The walk into town is always a matter of preference. There are days I think it is lovely, and there are days I think no way! Either way, thank you so much! I also wanted to tell you about the view this morning around 5:30 am and I am not trying to rub it in! There was a huge fog bank across the bay and a single fishing boat with his lights on passing through the fog. It was spectacular and a bit eerie too! I hope you will come back someday and thank you again!
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely brilliant hotel. We had a room with a balcony overlooking the bay and the view as superb. Room was large, comfortable and very tidy. Breakfast was superb and could be taken out on the balcony of the dining room. Free coffee and cookies were available throughout the day. We did have a minor issue with guests next door to us, but this was resolved to our satisfaction by the very helpful and polite staff. The Bayview's own literature under sells this wonderful hotel. We hope to visit again one day!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Trish04609, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Thank you for the great review! I admit we do tend to undersell ourselves in some ways but for all the right reasons! We would rather “wow” a guest when they arrive instead of a “whoa” this isn’t what we thought it would be! Expectations are a very personal thing – we just want people to enjoy themselves and I am glad you did! I would also like to apologize again for the incident with your neighbors. A house full of strangers can sometimes be tricky, but when our guests are people like you it is a win-win for all! Thank you again and we look forward to your return!
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

My wife and I have been visiting Bar Harbor for 4 of the last 6 years. We have stayed at the Bayview every time because of it's consistant service, hospitality and home like feel. What a great group they have working there from the cleaning staff to the front desk staff. The manager Trish even takes the time to recognize frequent visiters with special little tokens of gratitude for being a long time loyal customer. We will continue to stay there on out next trips there. Simply wonderful experiece.
OH, and I forgot to mention the world famous COOKIES @ 2:30 everyday!

Room Tip: All the rooms offer ocean front viewing w/ balcony.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Trish04609, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Thank you very much! We aim to be consistent in all areas so you can be sure of what to expect when you get here! Wish we could do the same with the weather! It is so nice for all of us here to have so many guests return. I know we aren’t supposed to get personal on TripAdvisor but it is personal to us and guests that return are now our friends and we look forward to seeing you all year after year. It is especially nice when our returning guests write reviews because you have seen us be “consistent” and not putting on a show. We are who we are! Please keep coming back and we’ll keep Nora and Matt baking those cookies! Still won’t be able to control the weather but we will do our best. Thank you again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I had originally wanted to get a room closer to Bar Harbor's downtown area, but boy am I glad I didn't! Located close to the entrance of Acadia National Park, the main reason for our three-day visit, The Bayview feels like a family-run business, combining the best of a hotel and a B&B into one fabulous stay.

It has everything you are looking for. You know you are in for a treat when you walk in the door (and are greeted by fresh cookies!). We had a gigantic room on the second floor with an amazing view of the water. The staff was super friendly and the breakfasts fresh and tasty. And don't miss a chance to stop by for cocktails from 5-7...the bartender is a lot of fun to chat with! And as for proximity to Bar Harbor...at a mile or so away, you could walk it. Or you could take the free shuttle the hotel offers. They will drop you off when and where you want and pick you up when you call.

Really, the stay could not have been better.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Trish04609, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
And my response? We couldn’t have enjoyed your visit more! It is so nice reading a positive review of our location. I think it is just right, close but not too close! Then the staff comment, well, I have said it before and I will say it again, the staff is like family to us! We just aren’t all related! Every day at work feels almost like home. The food is truly wonderful (and nothing like my home since I don’t like to cook!) and the views are spectacular. I’ve noticed more people this year just relaxing and taking it all in. Our bar isn’t a “hopping place” but a comfortable respite from the crowds and hubbub of downtown. I’m so glad you joined us and we look forward to your return! Thank you again!

Been to The Bayview? Share your experiences!