“Great views, Nice folks!” 5 of 5 stars

The Bayview
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   111 Eden Street, Bar Harbor, ME 04609   |
Ranked #1 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great views, Nice folks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My experience with this property was exceptional from before arrival til the day we checked out. I had called a few days with some questions before arriving and spoke with Jocelyn, who gave me helpful information regarding my reservation. She was present on checking and suggested and made dinner reservations (try Fathom). Our room had an incredible view, with comfortable bedding, and spotless cleanliness. The shuttle was very helpful for nightly dinners in Bar Harbor. I would return here in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor (#103) and the view was fabulous.
Trish04609, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you! Jocelyn does a terrific job and always with a smile! She really does like her job and is good at what she does. I think the staff is probably the best part of the Bayview. All of us go the extra mile to treat our guests the way we want to be treated. I totally agree about your dining choices AND I really appreciate your comments about the first floor. Sometimes people think there is less of a view on the first floor and that is not the case. Just 75 feet from the water, height doesn't make a bit of difference. Thank you again and I hope you return someday!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

This is the nicest hotel in Bar Harbor, Maine! The staff are so friendly and kind- really go out of their way to help you. The free transportation into town was especially appreciated-thanks Al, Chris, and Russ! Thanks to Jocelyn for getting us a dinner reservation in town on short notice. We had the best table in the restaurant! Breakfasts at the hotel were delicious. We slept with the balcony doors ajar so we could hear the ocean. Our room was spacious and very clean. Beautiful grounds. My husband and I would definitely stay here again!
!

• Stayed July 2013
Trish04609, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
We will hold you to it! We want you to come back again. When the tide comes in, the water splashes on the shore and makes such a soothing sound. I think that is what is especially nice here. It is quiet and peaceful, away from all the hustle and bustle but yet close enough to be there in a flash. I think the shuttle drivers do a great job taking people back and forth. Some days the traffic is so heavy downtown I would go nuts doing all the driving. They all seem relatively sane so that is a good thing for everyone! I will make sure to pass the praise along to Jocelyn too. She is great at getting the job done and pays close attention to the feedback she gets on the different restaurants in town. Her recommendations are usually spot on! We look forward to your return visit!
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

My daughter had some free time this summer from her job as a Pre School teacher. We are from Virginia and she and I decided to go to a place for a few days to do some photography. We decided to try Maine and the Acadia Nat'l Park. We chose The Bayview off the recommendations from TripAdvisor. We had a fabulous time. We were greeted by Thomas who was very knowledgeable and conversant. Al was always at the ready to drive anywhere in BH. The service was first rate. Breakfast buffet was just right and the staff were helpful without being overly so. The room was terrific, comfortable beds and outstanding views. Bayview was everything we could have hoped for and I would love to come back.

Trish04609, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
We are glad you chose to stay with us! I am also glad you mentioned coming back. There are so many people that come here year after year and we think that is a great compliment. If you come at the same time of year you are very likely to see familiar faces too! Not just the staff either, I mean the guests! I totally agree about Thomas, he is very conversant and knowledgeable about the area. Al does a great job with the shuttle, helping the guests and sharing a bit of local humor! All of the staff at The Bayview do a terrific job, we are very lucky to have them. And that view...It is especially nice when guests stay with us for the first time because it opens our eyes to what a beautiful spot this is. Sometimes we forget to stop and look! Please do come back and stay again!
Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay in Bar Harbor.
Pros:
Located between downtown and Acadia park so you can get to both easily.
Very friendly and professional
Rooms are clean
Beautiful views of the bay
Nice balcony to take in the view
Great breakfast and it is included with your room
Yummy cookies everyday
Mini fridge and microwave in the room

Cons:
Decor is pretty dated. Not sure if they are going for the vintage look, but they need to update the bedding, carpet and walls.

The pro's heavily outweigh the cons here so I would definitely recommend it!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Trish04609, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Thank you for the great review and your thoughts on the property. I laughed when I read the updating comment because it proved what has taken me over 25 years to learn ...you can't please everyone all the time! We really do try though! Just last week I responded to a review that didn't like the fact that we had done away with our coverlets and switched to duvets. We did it because that was what our guests wanted, updated linens with duvets. As far as vintage, I never really thought about it. We redo carpets, walls and bedding every winter on a rotating basis and our style remains the same. I must purchase with a vintage mind! I know that a sleeker, shinier place is more the preference for some and there are some beautiful properties like that here in Bar Harbor. I guess I feel like The Bayview is a comfortable place to come home to on vacation. I hope you feel that way too. Please do come back again!
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Amazing hotel, spectacular views, and incredibly helpful front desk staff. Felt very welcome from the moment we arrived. Breakfast was delicious. Especially loved the convenient free shuttle into town.
Only suggestion I would make is better toiletries - for the price of the hotel, would prefer separate shampoo and conditioner along with lotion.
Overall great experience, will be back!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are amazing!
Trish04609, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Thank you for the great review! We are all pleased you enjoyed your stay. I also like the fact that you will be back! There is not a day that goes by in our entire season that there isn't at least one familiar face in the crowd! I totally understand the comment about the shampoo and conditioner and want you to know we switched about four years ago to the "all in one". It was not based on the cost, but guest requests! I was told the two in one was quicker for them to get out and about! Now, you make me think perhaps we should have both on hand and then if a guest has a particular choice we can accommodate them! Thanks for taking the time to let us know your thoughts and writing such a nice review. We will see you again!
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We were there for 3 nights in early July and it more than lived up to its reputation. My son requires a gluten-free diet and it seemed as if every day their chef topped herself with new gluten-free goodies. The staff was incredibly warm. Bar Harbor is a long way from San Francisco, but if there ever was a hotel that was more than worth the trip it is certainly The Bayview!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Trish04609, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Wow, high praise indeed! It is a long way from San Francisco but we do hope you return. Nora loves a challenge and when she made the minty chocolate cookies they were a huge success! (I admit it, we do sample some of her creations! ) We aren't always able to accommodate every request but it is never for lack of trying. We all appreciate your kind words and will look forward to welcoming your family back again someday!
Brownstown Township, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

What a great place to stay. We had the 3 day get away and loved every minute. The view of frenchman's Bay was beautiful. We saw awesome lightning over the water and one of the brightest rainbows ever. The staff were so friendly and helpful when setting up our dinner, boat trip and bus tour. The picnic lunch they made was delicious and filling. A nice treat daily of variety of cookies. The shuttle was very helpful to get in to town. Rooms were clean and the deck overlooking the water was so peaceful. The pool was warm and refreshing. Highly recommend to all. Many guests were returning and that speaks for itself.

Trish04609, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you! I only got to see the video of the lightning and it looked spectacular. I really like the fact that through all the heat and humidity people still are so happy to be here! I think that speaks volumes and we really appreciate all the kind words. The pool must have been warmer than usual too, that was a long heatwave! Many of our guests have been here before and have booked again for next year and I would like to think perhaps you will be back again too? It probably is the best thing about this business. Friendly and familiar faces walking through the front door each and every day. It doesn't get much better than that!

Been to The Bayview? Share your experiences!