“Lovely!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bayview

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bar Harbor
The Bayview
Ranked #1 of 42 Hotels in Bar Harbor
North Canton, Ohio
“Lovely!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed here for a night in October and I was very sad that it was only for a night! Such a lovely hotel! The views are amazing and really cannot be beat and the rooms are simply charming! I loved the touch of the flowers in the bathrooms, so sweet!

When enjoying the balcony when getting to the room I even got treated to watching a family of deer frolic about 5 feet in front of our room, while we do have deer at home, nature is always beautiful, no matter the location. However on the oceanfront is even better ;) It was such a great way to welcome us to our stay!

Breakfast was another amazing treat, I was amazed by the delicious spread and felt the need to try a taste of everything and was sad when I got too full to try more! Delicious!

The location is perfect and just a hop from Bar Harbor.

The only downside was no elevators (that we knew of?) so we had to drag our suitcases down the stairs and back up. Not a big deal at all and I'm sure there was a bellhop that could have done for us but oh well!

I hope to visit again someday!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Trish04609, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you! It's funny you talked about the deer. I pulled in this morning and there were three of them standing in the driveway! It is nice in the early morning to see them strolling the grounds. I am pleased you had such a nice time and wish you could have stayed more than one night too! I will pass along the kudos to the chef on breakfast . You are right, we have no elevator but we have bellmen and I wish we had helped you. That is one thing we want all of our guests to know, if you need anything just ask! Thank you again and please do come back !

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Madison, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

In late July my BF and I spent several nights at the Bayview.

Room: We had a king size bed in a large room. The room was very clean and had a WONDERFUL balcony overlooking the bay. We spent hours sitting on the balcony relaxing after a good hike.

Location: the Bayview is just outside of the center of Bar Harbor. It is easy to find and the hotel provides a free shuttle so you can avoid parking in downtown Bar Harbor. Parking in Bar Harbor can be hard to find in July & August.

Customer Service: the staff is incredible at the Bayview. Friendly and professional the staff provided so much information and assistance that I frequently went to them for questions. NOTE: I'm not usually that type of traveler - I usually find all the information I need about a place online and via guide books; I combined my research with the staff recommendations and the staff was spot on. Examples of great customer service: Bayview provided the car service immediately upon request for dinner as well as activities (we booked a sunset kayak trip). Bayview staff staff provided multiple dinner recommendations that were very good, including recommendations for late dinners. Bayview cleaning staff did an excellent job cleaning our room AND were VERY accommodating when we did our afternoon siestas (after hiking we wanted to shower and relax before the next excursion).

Breakfast: Breakfast had its high points and low points. Overall the food is average. There are many options for breakfast, but it was inconsistent. One day the food would be amazing, the next just so-so. The choices for breakfast are good: everyday there were hot items such as bacon, sausage, eggs, quiche; cold items such as creme with berries; and baked good such as home made Maine blue berry muffins, corn muffins, etc. Plenty of juices, teas, and coffee (I don't drink coffee). Get there early to have more choices and sit out on the balcony overlooking the bay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Trish04609, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you very much for the great review. I love the balconies too! We added them on almost 20 years after the hotel was built and what a difference they make! So close to the water, so peaceful and quiet, so relaxing! It is great that with all your activities you were still able to find the time and relax! I also appreciate your comments on the staff. We try to treat our guests the way we would want to be treated and realize that being helpful and pleasant makes a great vacation and work environment for everyone! A true win/win situation. I also appreciate your feedback on the breakfast. We know the importance of consistency and I have no doubt that the staff will make it happen! Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will come back again!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

*****Our four (4) day stay at "The Bayview" was a definite five (5) star***** experience. The entire staff was very friendly, attentive, helpful and outgoing. The breakfast was awesome and the head Chef and her staff were extremely friendly and accomodating. The front desk staff and hotel drivers were also very friendly further contributing to our awesome expirience at the "Bayview Hotel" during our visit to Bar Harbour Maine. The room was very clean, comfortable and the view of the Bay was a plus. We will definitely be visiting Maine again and our lodging will be at "The Bayview", in that, it was worth every penny*****

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Trish04609, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you very much for the lovely review! It certainly speaks volumes about your experience and each one of our staff will be very pleased when they read it. I find that the more years I do this, the more difficult it can be to please everyone. We all know that is a daunting, if not impossible,task for all! We feel very lucky to have the staff that we do and even luckier to have guests that appreciate it and take the time to write about it! We look forward to seeing you again!
Wadsworth, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I spent Friday to Monday here for our 31st anniversary. I forgot my camera charger and they pulled out a box of electronic stuff that guests had left and one of them worked perfectly with my camera! The staff really went out of their way to help with any thing we needed from recommendations to reservations. Nice view of the bay from our room. Small hotel with personal attention given.The breakfast that was included was outstanding every day! They have a free shuttle that will take you downtown so you don't have to worry about parking. Highly recommend.

Trish04609, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for the very nice review. You pointed out the personal attention you received while you were here and that is what we are all about. We may seem outdated to some, too far to walk or not lively enough for others but I don't think anyone has ever said we didn't try our best. We just want our guests to relax and enjoy the view. It sounds to me like your anniversary was just right. 31 years of wedded bliss and a great vacation to boot! Life is good!
Lancaster, Pa.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Bayview recently while visiting Bar Harbor and were at the hotel just a day or two before they closed up for the season.

You might think the service would slip with things closing down? Not a chance.

The staff was superb. Reception was timely, efficient and pleasant. Al helped take our bags up to our room, Russ the bartender gave us lots of good advice and
shuttled us to dinner and back and the morning breakfast was scrumptous with many choices.

Our room was immaculate with a beautiful view of the bay, firm and comfortable bed, hdtv, nice bath and plenty of space.

Stay at the Bayview and you too will vote it #1!

Trish04609, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
That was a great review! We all tend to think as the season winds down that we could start winding down too. Then we remember that the last guest to leave is just as important as the first guest to arrive and we make sure all of our guests feel special!! I hope you come back again some day. I like ending our season on a high note with guests that make it a pleasure to be here!
Mount Vernon, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Loved our room what a beautiful view of water and harbor. Get location a few miles from Bar Harbor. Great to go to Acadia National Park entrance just down the road. Breakfast was always good had cookies at front desk in afternoon. Very helpful front desk. Would love to go again

Trish04609, Manager at The Bayview, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Great guests too! Thank you for the lovely review. It has been a wonderful fall, and we have had terrific guests all season. We would love to have you come back again. Happy guests like you make for a very pleasant work environment and that keeps everyone happy! Thank you!
massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Maine's wondrous fall colors, bright, crisp days and bounteous lobsters by themselves are worth the trip "down east", but add to that a stay at The Bayview, and you will want for nothing. What a welcoming, cosy, well-appointed property! A tasteful, homey decor and the most attentive staff you can imagine will make you reluctant to leave, but anxious to return. Large, comfy rooms with ocean-view decks, perfectly maintained; a lavish buffet breakfast in what could be your own dining room at home. Coffee and tea available throughout the day and evening, with baked goods in the afternoon. Shuttle service whenever you need it both ways to area restaurants so you may leave your car at the hotel and not have to fret over a parking space. Special packages are available during the season, so look no further. You won't get better value than The Bayview.

Room Tip: No elevators in this three story building, so if you have walking difficulties, specify a room on th...