In late July my BF and I spent several nights at the Bayview.
Room: We had a king size bed in a large room. The room was very clean and had a WONDERFUL balcony overlooking the bay. We spent hours sitting on the balcony relaxing after a good hike.
Location: the Bayview is just outside of the center of Bar Harbor. It is easy to find and the hotel provides a free shuttle so you can avoid parking in downtown Bar Harbor. Parking in Bar Harbor can be hard to find in July & August.
Customer Service: the staff is incredible at the Bayview. Friendly and professional the staff provided so much information and assistance that I frequently went to them for questions. NOTE: I'm not usually that type of traveler - I usually find all the information I need about a place online and via guide books; I combined my research with the staff recommendations and the staff was spot on. Examples of great customer service: Bayview provided the car service immediately upon request for dinner as well as activities (we booked a sunset kayak trip). Bayview staff staff provided multiple dinner recommendations that were very good, including recommendations for late dinners. Bayview cleaning staff did an excellent job cleaning our room AND were VERY accommodating when we did our afternoon siestas (after hiking we wanted to shower and relax before the next excursion).
Breakfast: Breakfast had its high points and low points. Overall the food is average. There are many options for breakfast, but it was inconsistent. One day the food would be amazing, the next just so-so. The choices for breakfast are good: everyday there were hot items such as bacon, sausage, eggs, quiche; cold items such as creme with berries; and baked good such as home made Maine blue berry muffins, corn muffins, etc. Plenty of juices, teas, and coffee (I don't drink coffee). Get there early to have more choices and sit out on the balcony overlooking the bay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Personalized friendly service, peaceful and quiet setting, spectacular views, close to downtown Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park. Spacious oceanfront hotel rooms with balconies, some family friendly, or larger two and three bedroom townhomes and house. Expanded continental breakfast, pool, shuttle service, fresh baked cookies, lounge and limited wireless internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tingo so you can book your The Bayview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bayview Hotel Bar Harbor
- Bayview Bar Harbor
- Bayview Hotel Bar Harbor
- The Bayview Bar Harbor, Maine