A cut above the rest of the lodging in Bar Harbor which is mostly motels. Here the room is spacious, a balcony looked out on the water and you are walking distance from downtown (although the way back is uphill and there's always the hotel shuttle).
Staff is helpful and friendly, probably the greatest asset of The Bayview. There is not much in the way of grounds other than the parking lot and no fitness room, none needed as most likely you will be hiking in Acadia National Park, boating or biking.
The dining room is breakfast only but what an excellent breakfast. A couple of hot covered dishes changed every day, French toast one time and a very good egg scramble with sliced sausage another. However the highlight is the baking, from the homemade doughnuts for breakfast to the cookies that show up at the reception desk every afternoon: chocolate chip with dates, strawberry strudel, lemony shortbread with those tasty tiny Maine blueberries. They should market these and sell them all over the country!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Personalized friendly service, peaceful and quiet setting, spectacular views, close to downtown Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park. Spacious oceanfront hotel rooms with balconies, some family friendly, or larger two and three bedroom townhomes and house. Expanded continental breakfast, pool, shuttle service, fresh baked cookies, lounge and limited wireless internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tingo so you can book your The Bayview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bayview Hotel Bar Harbor
- Bayview Bar Harbor
- Bayview Hotel Bar Harbor
- The Bayview Bar Harbor, Maine