“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aurora Inn

You added Aurora Inn to your Saves list
Aurora Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   68 Mt. Desert Street (Route 3), Rte 3 & Holland Ave, Bar Harbor, ME 04609   |
Ranked #34 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
A TripAdvisor Member
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We stayed in the Inn with a queen bed. The outside of the building is dingy and old but once you step in to room it was very clean and well kept I was impressed. Breakfast was nice. It was within walking distance of downtown. We loved our stay in Bar Harbor!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Deerfield Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We had a room over the cafe, very clean, it just needs a little refining, i.e. the walls are old and painted over and I don't recall seeing any pictures on the wall, plain but clean. I was a little disappointed of the price we paid for this simple room, $90 - $100 a night would have been a little more acceptable. No courtyard, it is just a building sitting on a paved lot. We were able to use the pool across the street at the Quality Inn if we had wanted too. The breakfast was great, I love egg muffin sandwiches. Great location though, within walking distance to downtown, all the shops and eateries and a short drive to the entrance of Acadia National Park. I would stay there again, hopefully the price might drop.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Newark, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

The rooms were clean and very quite given how close they are to one of the two main roads leading into Bar Harbor. The breakfast was nice and the staff in the Cafe very friendly and quick to refill empty trays and fix the waffle makers.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Augusta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I had a booklet I had picked up at the Welcome Center coming in to Maine. The picture in the book looked cozy. Got stuck in a room on top of the café for $139.00. The air conditioner did not work and it was dark. Went back to the office and told the man working there that the air was not working. He asked me "do you want me to fix it?" Pretty stupid question. I DID not want to go back to that room. The room was more like a $29.99 room. I ask him if he had any more available where the check in area was. They looked like a Mom&Pop motel from the 50's. He said they had a room for ANOTHER $20.00! We looked at it. The air worked and the bathroom was clean. The bedspreads looked like they were 30 years old. Our bill to sleep one night in the room was $171.72. Unbelievable. I felt like we were taken advantage of and we weren't the only ones. When I made the reservation I was told breakfast was included. He informed us that we couldn't have breakfast because we had a motel coupon. What the heck would it have cost had I not had the coupon? I would "NEVER" stay at this place again!

Room Tip: Always look at a room before you make that reservation. Pictures can be very deceiving.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Stratford upon Avon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Don't stay there. The site had good reviews, but It was confusing where we were going to stay. The Inn or the Motel and we ended staying at the Cafe. While having the essentials and was a short walk into town, it was a dark upstairs entrance and dark rooms, which was like staying in a card boad box with the smell of the breakfast from below consantly filled the room.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Salem, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

My wife and I stayed in the motel on Mt Desert St. The building is old and very out of date and in need of renovation. The room had cob webs all around the ceiling, the curtain on the back window was falling off, the carpet was filthy, peeling paint, the room had such a bad odor of mold and mildew we bought some Lysol and sprayed the room. Nice location but I will not stay here again. The complimentary breakfast has changed and was not very good so we went out for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Huntington Station
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

When we arrived in Bar Harbor we went back and forth between the Aurora Inn and Aurora Motel before we figured out it was the same owner. The clerk that checked us in was very nice but she was training someone new. The new person was quite overwhelmed and was not able to answer any questions the following day when she was there alone. We thought it was odd that we had to walk 2 blocks for breakfast but it was delicious and worth the walk (even on the day it rained). This motel is very basic and pricey for what you get. It's it walking distance downtown so we knew location is what we were really paying for.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Aurora Inn? Share your experiences!