We stayed at Atlantic Eyrie Lodge based on the recommendations on TripAdvisor and were happy with our choice. The location is very close to Acadia National Park and a short drive into central Bar Harbor. The view from the room is amazing; it looks east over Frenchman Bay. So, overall the view is five-star and the location is four star. There is a free Bar Harbor/Acadia circulator bus that stops at the hotel, which is very convenient (parking in Bar Harbor can be a pain although we didn't have too much trouble). The rooms are clean but the actual room, breakfast and feel of the hotel are a solid three-star, which is why my rating averaged out to a 4 out of 5. The room wasn't super modern or updated, so if you're used to a Westin, Hyatt, etc. then the room will feel more like a Motel 8. Ours had a little smell to it - my wife said it was almost like a pet smell that had been covered up with cinnamon-smelling cleanser. The breakfast is purely continental - meaning muffins & other breads, cereal (no 'junk' cereal for the kids, though) and some fruit that didn't seem very fresh. Hotel staff was nice, too. Overall, good experience for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Atlantic Eyrie Lodge sits high atop a bluff overlooking the waters of Frenchman Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Atlantic Eyrie Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Eyrie Hotel Bar Harbor
- Atlantic Eyrie Motel
- Atlantic Eyrie Lodge Bar Harbor, Maine