Only about a minute off the main highway and easy to find.
Once you get back on the main highway Bar Harbor itself is less than five minutes away.
In the other direction, north, the entrance to Acadia National Park is also only a few minutes.
Note that public transportation buses stop at the lodge and take you to the Village Green, from which location buses run to most of the attractions.
Parking is right next to the building.
When you arrive you are given a short orientation on the area.
The building layout is of a common older style : the rooms open into an open type hallway, sort of a balcony running along the side of the building. All the doors are
on this side, which is away from the bay.
The elevator is just a couple of steps from the entrance.
We had a room on the third floor. The first thing to be mentioned about the room is the view. Looking from the large sliding glass doors about 45° to the left you have a beautiful view of the bay.
All rooms, save for about a couple per floor, have this view.
The room is spacious. Large TV that works well. Comfortable beds. WiFi signal is strong and was available all the time (stay of three nights).
Two sinks, one of which is not in the bathroom, but out in the room itself. Microwave and refrigerator.
The only odd item : the hair dryer is by the sink which is in the room, not in the bathroom. It is attached to the wall, so you cannot move it.
Breakfast is on the lowest level. The breakfast area is large enough so you do not have to search for an open table. It is also cheerful, with many windows looking out
to the side where the lake is.
Breakfast is standard continental offering with plenty of choices from hard boiled eggs thru a nice fruit salad to english muffins, and many in between.
This lodging establishment is a very good choice, with positives that add up and no real negatives.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Atlantic Eyrie Lodge sits high atop a bluff overlooking the waters of Frenchman Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Atlantic Eyrie Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Eyrie Hotel Bar Harbor
- Atlantic Eyrie Motel
- Atlantic Eyrie Lodge Bar Harbor, Maine