“Perfect location in Bal Harbor, excellent breakfast, and great inn keepers” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Acacia House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bar Harbor
Acacia House Inn
You added Acacia House Inn to your Saves list
6 High Street, Bar Harbor, Mount Desert Island, ME 04609   |
Ranked #13 of 34 Bar Harbor B&B and Inns
Miami
“Perfect location in Bal Harbor, excellent breakfast, and great inn keepers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Greetings from Miami. My wife and I were celebrating our 7th anniversary and this was our first bed and breakfast. We were excited and the Acacia House lived up to every single expectation. For starters, the B&B is very nice, spacious, and feels like home. As previous guest mentioned, Ralph and Anna are very nice hosts and respectful of your space. Breakfast was great as there were options to choose from and it sure was delicious. As for location, it is a very very short walking distance to the main attractions in Bal Harbor. It took my wife and I no more than 5 minutes to reach the popular restaurants in the area by foot. Also, our main reason for coming to Bal Harbor was to visit Arcadia National Park for fall folliage. Acacia House Inn is only 2 miles away from the main entrance. So if you are looking for a very nice place to stay that serves good breakfast and has great innkeepers, this place is for you. I truly recommend this place. Being from Miami, there are not many places like this back at home. Thank you Ralph and Anna for a pleasant stay and making our impression for our first B&B a memorable one. Oh...one last point, parking is sufficient and very easy. There is plenty of space to park.

Room Tip: We enjoyed room #4 which had a large bathroom and confortable bed for my wife and I.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I spent 4 nights at the Acacia House Inn the last week of September 2012. It was the first Bed and Breakfast that I have ever stayed in and it was a wonderful experience. Ralph and Anna were great hosts. I was traveling alone and Ralph carried my bags up to my room for me. I received a tour of the house and was given lots of great info about Bar Harbor. There was also a treasure trove of books available to read in the livingroom about Acadia National Park and Bar Harbor. As everyone has stated in their reviews, breakfast is a major treat here. Instead of serving one choice, Anna cooks 4 regular choices every day plus one special! I tried many different things and they were all great. Once reason that I would really reccommend this B & B is for the location alone. It is one block from the post office, two houses down from a gas station, and just a few blocks from the heart of Bar Harbor. You can walk everywhere and never have to drive your car. Especially in the Summer, when Bar Harbor can be a zoo, this is such a bonus. But don't worry. Even with this "in-the-middle-of-everything " location, the house is one a quiet sidestreet and sleep and noice were never a problem.. All in all I would highly recommend Acacia House. It was a great first experience for me and I would definately return.

Room Tip: I spent the first night in room #4 in the main house. Then I moved to room #7 for the next 3 nights...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Loisville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The Acacia House Inn was a great choice for our 3 night stay in Bar Harbor. It was a very easy walk to the waterfront--I was up early each morning and easily walked to see the cruise ships arrive daily. The rooms (rooms 1 and 4 for us) were warmly decorated and clean, had comfortable beds and linens, and the bathrooms were spacious. Breakfast was outstanding. Everyday we looked forward to choosing something from the menu or opting for the "special of the day." Anna and Ralph are quietly welcoming and generously share their knowledge of the area. Their respect for the environment is obvious. A great find from Trip Advisor and we would certainly recommend The Acacia House Inn.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Moncton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

My friend and I spent a very pleasant night here. The owners were friendly, the inn was very clean, breakfast was good, bed was super comfy, shower had good pressure ... all good! Oh, and they served really good coffee. I would recommend Acacia House to anyone.

Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We have stayed in many B&Bs and this place is now on our favorites list. Both Ralph and Anna made us comfortable and relaxed. They were terrific. We split our stay in two different rooms. Our first night was in 5, a large room with a king bed and large bathroom. Then we moved to 4, with a queen bed and large bathroom. Both rooms had very comfortable beds and the large bathrooms was a pleasant surprise. Our favorite part of our stay was breakfast. There is a menu with great selections, but also the special of the day. I wish we could have stayed longer and tried more of the breakfast choices. Everything we ate was delicious. The location is perfect close enough to town to walk, but far enough away to be quiet at night.

Nashua, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Most places I've been don't live up to their online description. This place was the opposite. Our room was great (room #1), Ralph and Anna were pleasant and very available, breakfasts were delicious and the price was quite reasonable. I especially loved our bath tub and shower. Never lacked hot water or good water pressure. I look forward to returning some day in the future. Thank you Ralph and Anna

La Crescenta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

This was our very first experience with a Bed & Breakfast and Ralph made our stay very memorable and comfortable. We stayed in Room 7, a large room with bath over the garage area. Very quiet and relaxing. The breakfast was served in the main house and was absolutely divine.....you have a full menu to choose from and we felt like we were in a gourmet restaurant! We would definitely come back again.