“Perfect stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Acacia House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bar Harbor
Acacia House Inn
You added Acacia House Inn to your Saves list
6 High Street, Bar Harbor, ME 04609   |
Ranked #9 of 33 Bar Harbor B&B and Inns
Portland, ME
“Perfect stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed here past thurs and fri nights on a short staycation...referred by a friend who raved about Acacia House food (and the owners). We had been considering all sorts of stay options but this was the perfect place. Location is fantastic - a little bit quiet and private but walk a couple of blocks to everything. Room was great and bed very comfy. And as we were told the breakfasts were indeed beyond outstanding. And considering this is July in bar harbor the rates were very reasonable...way better than many bigger and more well known establishments. Ralph and Anna are great. If you are looking for a great small inn with unforgettable breakfasts in town bar harbor do not think twice...book Acacia House! Oh, and for Ralph's sake please notice the nice new pink and brown paint developing on the exterior :)

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
New Marlborough MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

My husband and I spent three nights here the 4th of July week. We stayed in room 5, up on the third floor. The room was very nice and comfortable with a good size bathroom with shower. The Inn is within walking distance of all the shops and restaurants. The breakfasts were lovely; delicious and well presented. Ralph and Anna were so nice and easy to talk to, and gave good restaurant recommendations. I would definitely stay here again on our next trip to Bar Harbor.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed at the Acacia House Inn for 6 nights and enjoyed every part of our stay. Ralph and Anna were excellent hosts. Our breakfast was incredible every morning and the afternoon snacks were equally fantastic. Our room was very cute with a wonderful patio and large bathroom. Our stay here made our first time in Bar Harbor memorable and we definitely want to go back. They certainly go above and beyond and even prepared us a bag of breakfast items for our last morning because were leaving very early and wouldn't be able to have breakfast.

Room Tip: Room 2 had a great deck off of the room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

We spent July 4th here and it was wonderful! We stayed in room 4, which was smaller, but it was fine for us. Ralph and Ana were warm, friendly, and very helpful! They even made gluten-free cookies and pancakes b/c of my gluten allergy. Perfect location, walking distance to everything! The food was awesome. The bed was comfy and the shower had great pressure. We highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2012
Chapel Hill, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Acacia House for 5 nights during our vacation in Bar Harbor and we can not say enough great things about our trip...Amazing breakfasts and stellar afternoon baked goods, great location, courteous hosts, beautiful house and clean rooms, and overall an amazing experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
ohio buckeye
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed two nights at the Acacia House B & B when traveling about Maine. We were greeted warmly by Anna upon arrival and she showed us to our room # 7, which was above the garage. It was clean and comfortable, and decorated beautifully. We met Ralph and he was also very friendly and answered any questions we had on Bar Harbor.
We found the location perfect for us. Close to the downtown area you can walk anywhere you need to when shopping, eating or just looking around. We found being located on a side street was great as the B & B is located in a very peaceful setting. Many of the locals sit on there porch in the evening and are very friendly when you walk by.
My wife and I enjoyed the breakfast cooked by Anna, it was the highlight of our stay in Bar Harbor. Her breakfast specials are something to look forward too. The baked goods made by Ralph are unbelievable, they are so.... good. The lemonade and baked cookies or pastries in the afternoon are a wonderful touch after walking downtown Bar Harbor all day.
This is the best B & B we have ever stayed in, and we have stayed in some more expensive one's there were not as good as the Acacia House. Excellent owners like Ralph and Anna made our visit special and we hope to return to Bar Harbor and the Acacia House in ther future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I've stayed (and reviewed) Acacia House Inn before, so I already knew that Anna & Ralph and the Inn itself are all great. This June (2012) I got married in Bar Harbor, and we booked the entire Inn for some of our wedding guests and family. Anna and Ralph were SO nice and accommodating throughout the whole process (guests were booking then canceling, then booking again - annoying for everyone). And especially on our wedding day, they really understood it was our big day and treated us amazingly. As a frequent traveler, trust me when I say that I really wish all service/tourism people could "get it" like Anna and Ralph do. I agree with the reviewer who said they wish they could take these 2 everywhere they go! As for the Inn itself, I've said all this before but it is very well maintained, the rooms are comfortable, you can't beat the location, breakfast is amazing, and I love the fact they have off street parking. If you are considering a B&B in Bar Harbor, I urge you to consider Acacia House. If you have special requests or concerns/questions, I urge you to call and talk to Anna or Ralph (as we did), they are very laid back and will probably work with you. I know we will be back for sure. Thanks Anna & Ralph.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Acacia House Inn? Share your experiences!