“Great food, a nice change of pace from touristy Bar Harbor” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vegetarian, Vegan
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Lakewood, Ohio
“Great food, a nice change of pace from touristy Bar Harbor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My wife and I dined here on our 3rd night in Bar Harbor and found it to be a great change of pace and style from the towns tourist aimed dining options. I had the Singapore Noodles and my wife had the tempeh, we both left full and satisfied. Would recommend to any vegitarian, vegan, or conscientious eater.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Israel
“why so s...alty??”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Following my wife's wishes, we decided to go for dinner in Eden. While none of us is vegan, we both appreciated the interesting dishes the staff at Eden put together.
The food was served nicely, the portions are nice, the staff is polite and service was great.

Having said that, both of our dishes were wayyy too salty- so salty, that we left some of it.
The salty taste left hours later. Price is average, like most restaurants in Bar Harbor.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Gourmet Vegetarian/Vegan Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This restaurant was great! We tried a tofu entree, and a pasta dish. The tofu dish was very good, much better than the pasta. The deserts are good.

This place is a little on the pricey side, but worth the trip

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston
“Pricy and inconsistent”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My traveling partner is a vegetarian, and we picked Eden because it was one of the best options for vegetarian/food in Bar Harbor. [I'm normally someone who enjoys a good vegetarian meal despite being an inveterate carnivore]. Unfortunately, I was quite disappointed with my meal, as everything in my dish (seitan cutlets) had too much of a sour overtone for me. My traveling partner did enjoy her meal, though, so perhaps I just ordered the wrong thing.

Regardless, even if I had enjoyed my entree, I don't think that it was worth the $20+ price tag. For that price, you may as well eat as Mache, Havana, or some of the other excellent restaurants in town.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

My husband and I ate here on September 11th, 2012. I am a vegan but my husband is not. He graciously honored my choice for dinner! He was so pleased with his pasta he said, "I might consider going vegan"! I had the best salad - so fresh - and the dressing so tangy and the mushroom tartlet. The best! Great taste and texture! All of the menu choices sounded so good it was hard to decide. We shared the blueberry pie and ice cream - amazing! There aren't enough words to describe this restaurant! Service was terrific, as well. The atmosphere was so enjoyable. We visited with fellow diners and shared our thoughts on the food. It is my fervent hope that one day soon all towns and cities will have one (or several) of these places to eat. Thank you to the owners and staff for such a divine evening!!

• Visited September 2012