“stinky room” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #37 of 42 Hotels in Bar Harbor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Awesome hotel with water view !! great friendly staff who were very helpful!!! clean rooms with fridge !! great location 5 mins to town and there is a free shuttle to town as parking is sparse during season! also its less than 10 minutes to Acadia National Park !!!! will stay there again !!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I really wish I could give this place a good rating but I cannot. When we arrived, the person behind the desk said, "we are having problems and you cannot stay here tonight but you can tomorrow night". That was the beginning of a 2 hour nightmare. I asked what the problem was and she said that since we booked through a 3rd party (Expedia), they were overbooked. I will have to say that the person we dealt with at the Days Inn was kind and sweet and it wasn't her fault at all. But it really isn't acceptable to have made reservations a month or so in advance and then arrive and find out that they were overbooked and you had no room. Their solution was to send us across the street to the Holiday Inn. Unfortunately, they could not give us 2 double beds but only 1 double and 1 air mattress. I told them that we couldn't do that with 2 adults and 2 teens. All of a sudden they "found" a room with 2 doubles and told us to come over for the room. The signage is pretty bad and so we parked in the Holiday Inn and went inside the building only to find that there is no lobby. We asked someone else staying there and they said that the lobby is actually in the Bar Regency Hotel. (All 3 properties are owned by the same group.) Ok, so we walked over to that hotel and went to get our key, only to find out from the manager that she had given our room away to someone else and now they could only offer us a bed with an air mattress. The worst part was the attitude of the manager at the Bar Regency. Although that hotel is lovely, her treatment was SO HORRIBLE, that I would never recommend anyone staying in that hotel. That said, the hotel is lovely. But she told us she had a room, then when we showed up, she told me that she gave it to someone else who was willing to pay more than we were. She said this loudly and attitudinally and I find that very insulting. After driving all day to get there and then be told that they were overbooked since we "used a 3rd party site" (um, like who doesn't use 3rd parties sites - isn't that why they exist???) and then to be treated like DIRT, sorry but that is just unacceptable. So bottom line, I have no idea what the rooms were like at the Days Inn. You are going to pay a lot to stay in Bar Harbor. I did see many small places that would have been fine but I hadn't seem them online. If I had to do it again, I would try a smaller place that would have been cheaper and we probably would have had better service.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Otisville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We had a nice week! A table or desk is needed in the room. I shouldn't have to write a review. If I just want to fill out the rest of the form and submit it I should be able to.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Days Inn Bar Harbor/Frenchman's Bay? Share your experiences!