“Lobster Mac and cheese” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Bar scene, Doing business, Local cuisine
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Lobster Mac and cheese”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My husband and I decided to try this delight based on trip advisor and were not disappointed. It is a sinful combo of shell macaroni smothered in a creamy cheese sauce combined with 2 additions to your liking plus a third (LOBSTER!!!) I selected tomatoes and bacon and my husband had the better choice of mushrooms and bacon and LOBSTER. We both ordered a half portion and could not finish it. I don't know who could finish the regular portion, but hey...go of it.
The watermelon, cucumber mint marguerite was large and lovely.
I can recommend this to solo, couples and families. Be prepared to wait if a large party. We got right in for an upstairs table which is quieter. I cannot review the lower level which I suppose could be noisy. The place was packed, so the other selections much be good too. Bravo to this funky side street jewel.

Boston
“Reasonably priced, solid food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This is a great place in Bar Harbor to grab a sandwich, lobster roll or salad. Service was OK for a crowd, my Lobster Cobb salad was great. Not a place I would wait a long time to enter, but a great lunch.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh
“Good Food - Iffy Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

If you like tasty food, and can deal with an order being messed up a few times, and feeling bad about asking them to correct it, go here! By the time our meals came, they were great...but they had to be corrected a few times. We also were disappointed that our $1.50 upgrade to fries provided us with about 10 fries.

“Terribly disappointed!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Went with a friend and we were told that only high tops were available. We did not mind and we then were handed our menus to seat ourselves. Guess what? The empty table was already occupied and we traipsed back to the hostess. She finally walked us to the outside railing seating and again we were amenable to the suggestion. We sat down and then the real comedy of errors began. Our waitress took our drink order for the great sangria this place creates. We waited fifteen minutes for her return. She then took our food orders at 8:05. I ordered the soup, which took another forty minutes to deliver. In the meantime another couple sat beside us but rose from their position to sit at an empty table (without waiting) and then they were promptly served drinks AND their food orders a half an hour before ours were to arrive. Our waitress watched me try to get the lost drop of Sangria and turned her back on us. At 9:10, we were too cold to continue to wait outside, so we moved into the bar area, ironically holding the door for the food server who had our order. Plates were finally placed in front of us while the other couple paid and left. The table had no silverware, (they brought the food but nothing to eat it with), so I went to the waitress station to get some, which had to be found ( more minutes). Still having some hope of a saved dining experience, we dug into our meals. The salmon was good. The lobster Mac and cheese was tasteless. It was as if an ingredient was missing. We have eaten here twice a week during our sojourn since 2009. I even was given the fabulous Sangria recipe and had one of the bartenders ask me what I wanted when the drink was not available. This place had made me feel special and after this fiasco (no apologies from our waitress), we will not be back. Good food never replaces bad behavior!

Leicester, United Kingdom
“well worth avisit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I left the restaurant still salivating The food was excellent the only criticism was the pub fries were not hot This was the best meal we have had to date n our holiday and the cost was very reasonable for food of this quality