“Quick stop for a meal” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Bar scene, Doing business, Local cuisine
Hampstead, Maryland
“Quick stop for a meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

On our recent trip to Bar Harbor someone had recommended we go to a certain restaurant for breakfast. Since we were on vacation, we slept in late and missed the breakfast, so we had to find somewhere else to eat and we came across the Side Street Cafe and we pleasantly surprised. We were seated immediately and our waitress came by right after we sat down to take our drink order. My husband got the tuna melt and the lobster chowder, both of which were amazing. The lobster chowder had more meat in it than liquid. I had the build your own sandwich with chicken, cheese and bacon. It was so good. While we were eating the local police officers came in to eat, so you know the place must be good. I would definitely recommend a stop the next time you are in Bar Harbor (not far from where the boat take off for tours).

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Maryland
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We had a late lunch/early dinner here and all four of us were very pleased. The haddock sandwich was excellent.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great For Gluten Free”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I started eating gluten free several months ago, and was delighted to find out this restaurant carries an extensive menu of gluten free items. They bake all of their gluten free bread fresh, and it was the best gluten free bread I've ever tasted. I also had lobster wraps and a grilled avocado. Really delicious. I will go back there when I travel to Bar Harbor again!

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Montreal, Canada
“Unbelievebly good !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We had the lobster quesadillas, it was delicious !! They're also famous for their margaritas, now we know why !!! Try it, you wont be disapointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Good food, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We chose this place because of the reviews on Trip Advisor and the recommendations of the store staff in Bar Harbor. We were seating very quickly and had our orders taken promptly. There was no wait (we went at about 6pm on a Sunday night). Megan, our waitress, was phenomenal. I had a burger that was delicious and my friend has the lobster roll. She said the lobster was very fresh but she thought the lobster roll could have a little more flavor. I'm not a seafood eater so I can't comment on my own. Overall, I'd say it was a very good visit and I'd recommend it. I thought my burger was reasonably priced. The Lobster roll was $20 which I thought was a little pricey.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere