“The best lobster omelette I've ever ate.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
New York City, New York
“The best lobster omelette I've ever ate.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I ate here with my girlfriend for breakfast while staying at the Bluenose Inn. I had the best breakfast omelette. It was chopped up lobster, peppers, onions, and pepper jack cheese. Heavenly. I do not eat large meals, but I had to finish this beast. I recommend it.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
hospitality04609, General Manager at The Looking Glass, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you for your excellent review of our lobster omelette. Stating that it was the best you have had truly says it all. Our Chef and his team take great pride in producing quality products whether it be a dinner entree, an exotic appetizer or a Maine lobster omelette,; they simply want it to be excellent. Come back and see us and have another.

Lenexa, Kansas
“Excellant Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Upscale restaurant with excellent food. We had one lobster dinner and one steak dinner and both were excellent! Being Midwestern people, we're used to great steaks, but were a little surprised at the excellent quality and taste of the gorgonzola stuffed filet. It was absolutely delicious! The lobster dinner was every bit as good. A little pricey, but overall outstanding food! Would suggest going to dinner before sunset to be able to enjoy the panoramic view. We would go again!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
hospitality04609, General Manager at The Looking Glass, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your dinner at the Looking Glass. I have spent quite a bit of time in the midwest and understand thoroughly your comment about great beef. Therefore your statement about how much you enjoyed the gorgonzola stuffed filet was even more profound.
Obviously we are happy that you enjoyed the lobster dinner as well. As you pointed out, the view from our restaurant is truly spectacular and frankly never gets old.
I do hope that when your travel brings you back to Maine that you will visit us Thank you again for your business..
Spring, Texas
“Breakfast or Dinner only”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

"The Looking Glass Restaurant" is located on a hill, a short distance from the Blue Nose Inn, outside downtown Bar Harbor. My husband and I ate their several times. While the prices are on the higher side, each meal was superb ! We had their oysters Rockefeller twice and I had Lobster Macc and Cheese our last night there. There is a nice and varied selection to choose from. The staff was very courteous and the view from the restaurant is spectacular (during the day). I would advise all to eat there but you might want to make sure and have a reservation - just in case it gets crowded. Great restaurant !!

Visited October 2013
Thank you for your excellent comments regarding your dinners at the Looking Glass restaurant. By virtue of the fact that you had the oysters Rockefeller twice certainly delighted my staff and I. This is one of our best sellers by the way. I am glad you enjoyed the lobster mac and cheese. It is an item we put on the menu a few years ago and has been another of our very popular dishes. As depicted, we do have a wide selection of items hoping to have something for everyone.without being too expansive. As you pointed out the view is truly spectacular. Regardless of the season, it is simply phenomenal overlooking the harbor with sweeping vistas. Thank you for pointing out to people to make a reservation. Without one, we will do our best to get people in but at times it is extremely difficult.
Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
“Very nice menu and selection - missed a couple of details”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

From a booklet on restaurants in Bar Harbor we found this restaurant with a beautiful view over Bar Harbor. It lies a bit secluded and you will need transportation to get there but especially with nice weather if you can sit outside on the deck, it is a great place.
We have had dinner there and got a table at the window. the menu was surprisingly good and different. Not a long list of many dishes but different dishes like a Curry Coconet veggie stew wich is absolutely to die for! What a great soup/stew but be careful of what you choose as an entree after that... take a light one or take the stew as your entree:)
The staff is friendly and efficient and the wines are very nice.
The 2 things that kept me from giving 5 stars for this dinner is the price in comparising with the entourage. The chairs and the appearance of the restaurant inside is too basic. You can hear the other table conversations very clearly because there is nothing to bring down the accoustics. It would need it bit more dressing up to make it more suitable for the rates they ask and the nice wines that they offer. It doesn't need to be very fancy, altough I must admit that the bathroom was more decorated in line with the appearance that I had expected.
So yes, a positive experience but if they would change some small things they could offer a better one!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
hospitality04609, General Manager at The Looking Glass, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to the Looking Glass restaurant. While I am extremely pleased that you enjoyed your meal, I am disappointed that you felt that our pricing was out of line with our competition. Your comments about the décor and sound issues we will certainly take into consideration. I am very happy that you found the staff to be cheerful and friendly and most importantly that you stated that you will definitely come back.
Houlton, Maine
“Fantastic breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The breakfast was as great as the view overlooking Frenchman Bay. Staff was cheerful and friendly. Will definitely go here again.

Visited October 2013
Thank you for your great comments regarding your breakfast. Glad to hear the you would come back again. We look forward to serving you.