You will have to look hard to find a more beautiful view. The Balance Rock Inn was built in 1903, and is full of character and history. The views are unsurpassed and I was quite content just to hang out on the porch or outdoor area and watch the water. The staff are very helpful, and my room on the 3rd floor had a balcony looking out on the water. In busy times of the year, your balcony may not be private however. This old lady is showing her age and could use some updating and repairs. There was chipping paint in the lobby, and the decor in general is very dated. It is very close to town and a beautiful walk to look through the local shops. Breakfast can be eaten outdoors, the enclosed sun porch, or the dining room. There is even rooftop viewing for the best views. Evening happy hour is offered with nuts, cheese, crackers (complimentary) and wine/liquor available for purchase.
- Also Known As:
- Balance Rock Hotel Bar Harbor
- Balance Rock Hotel
- Balance Rock Inn Bar Harbor
- Balance Rock Inn Bar Harbor, Maine
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balance Rock Inn is one of the premier oceanfront lodging properties in Bar Harbor, ME. Set on a secluded tree-covered property with expansive views of Frenchman's Bay, this luxurious bed and breakfast Inn's name celebrates the "balance rock," a precariously positioned boulder on the nearby ocean shore, a huge remnant from an ice age. Balance Rock's 21 rooms and suites and 3 apartment-style luxury suites are tastefully outfitted in harmonious colors, handsome wall coverings, handcrafted furnishings, and all the creature comforts. All guest rooms have queen or king beds with Select Comfort Sleep number pillow topped mattresses with a hypoallergenic feather and down tic to sink into. As you slide between the luxurious 500 count linens, under your hypoallergenic down and feather comforter inside designer duvet covers, you will feel like you are sleeping on a cloud. You can adjust the firmness of the mattress on either side for your personal preferences. All rooms and suites have private bath, cable television with DVD player, direct-dial telephone and WIFI internet access; and ten accommodations also have working fireplaces. There is a full complimentary DVD library at the front desk with a list of movies offered in your guest services book. Select a room or suite with a private deck, balcony, whirlpool tub, dry sauna, or Euro showerhead for added pampering. All rooms and suites have individually controlled heat and air conditioning. Each of the three apartment-style luxury suites features a living and dining space, eat-in kitchen, private bath, private deck or porch, and ocean views. We'll be delighted to give you more details by phone and help you make the ideal room selection for your needs. ... more less