We stayed 3 nights at The Balanced Rock Inn recently and were pretty pleased with our choice. The Inn is a gracious old lady in a wonderful location, situated on the shoreline with a wonderful view of the Porcupine Island and Frenchman's Bay, and just far enough away (an easy walk) from the touristy shops on Main Street.
We had room 209 which turned out to be an enormous suite, complete with a full kitchen and living room. It was rather strangely laid out but enjoyed a lovely water view from the living room.
We spent our four days exploring Desert Island and wandering through the lovely Acadia National Park- a true natural wonder.
All of the staff were very friendly, helpful and keen to show their knowledge of local events and restaurants to help us get the most from our stay.The jacuzzi in the bathroom was a plus after several long hikes, overall it was a very pleasant stay.
The only downside? Well, old buildings have wooden floors which can make evenings a little noisy if the upstairs neighbors are active; and although breakfast was included $375 a night was a little pricey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balance Rock Inn is one of the premier oceanfront lodging properties in Bar Harbor, ME. Set on a secluded tree-covered property with expansive views of Frenchman's Bay, this luxurious Inn's name celebrates the "balance rock," a precariously positioned boulder on the nearby ocean shore, a huge remnant from an ice age. Balance Rock's 27 rooms and suites are tastefully outfitted in harmonious colors, handsome wall coverings, handcrafted furnishings, and all the creature comforts. All rooms and suites have either a king or queen size select comfort bed, a private bath, flat screen television with DVD player, WIFI internet access, individually controlled AC and heat, and most with amazing ocean views! The Inn features a full bar and restaurant, sundeck with fire pit, and heated swimming pool...all overlooking the ocean. In addition there is a formal dining room for breakfast and dinner, a small fitness center, and ample parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Balance Rock Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balance Rock Hotel Bar Harbor
- Balance Rock Inn Bar Harbor, Maine