My GF and I stayed at Balance Rock for 4 days in September. And we didn't want to leave! We stayed in Room 304. This is a fairly small room, but talk about a perk....we had our own private deck/widow's walk atop the inn. It was accessed by climbing a ladder and lifting a hatch...so cool!! The time we spent in our room was mostly up top enjoying an unspoiled view of Frenchman's Bay. Our experience was fantastic. We were especially impressed with an employee named Aaron. A very nice young man. One thing I feel like I must address, and the reason why this was a 4 star review instead of 5, is a door in the hallway across from our room which had a sign on it stating "Do not open, Bees inside." I understand this is an old building and problems like this can occur, but the sign had been on the door for a while judging from the wear of the paper, and I would think a good exterminator could have taken care of the bees. Overall, the inn is in great shape, being built in 1903, We didn't have swarms of bees attacking us, and in no way did this adversely effect our stay here, but feel I should share this information.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balance Rock Inn is one of the premier oceanfront lodging properties in Bar Harbor, ME. Set on a secluded tree-covered property with expansive views of Frenchman's Bay, this luxurious Inn's name celebrates the "balance rock," a precariously positioned boulder on the nearby ocean shore, a huge remnant from an ice age. Balance Rock's 27 rooms and suites are tastefully outfitted in harmonious colors, handsome wall coverings, handcrafted furnishings, and all the creature comforts. All rooms and suites have either a king or queen size select comfort bed, a private bath, flat screen television with DVD player, WIFI internet access, individually controlled AC and heat, and most with amazing ocean views! The Inn features a full bar and restaurant, sundeck with fire pit, and heated swimming pool...all overlooking the ocean. In addition there is a formal dining room for breakfast and dinner, a small fitness center, and ample parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Balance Rock Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balance Rock Hotel Bar Harbor
- Balance Rock Inn Bar Harbor, Maine