We have been staying at the Balance Rock for years. We love the location- quiet, water views, but still an easy walk to town after a day of hiking or cycling. The past couple of years we've started bringing our children and they love it. A couple issues with the last time we stayed there though and I was disappointed. The rooms are expensive and it's billed as a luxury inn and historically we have felt that. The most recent trip was a little off. The owner was there while we were visiting and he insists on smoking his cigars throughout the wing of the inn where are room was- really unpleasant, and when my husband mentioned it to the front desk they just sort of shrugged their shoulders like there was nothing they could do. That may be the case, but the owner should know better. The second issue is historically the inn gave a small room credit for each nights cocktail hour and they've taken that away. It's a small thing, but seemed like a cheap move to us. I gave it 4 stars because it's still the only inn I'd book in Bar Harbor, but given the cost and lowering of the standards we'll rent a home next time we go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balance Rock Inn is one of the premier oceanfront lodging properties in Bar Harbor, ME. Set on a secluded tree-covered property with expansive views of Frenchman's Bay, this luxurious Inn's name celebrates the "balance rock," a precariously positioned boulder on the nearby ocean shore, a huge remnant from an ice age. Balance Rock's 27 rooms and suites are tastefully outfitted in harmonious colors, handsome wall coverings, handcrafted furnishings, and all the creature comforts. All rooms and suites have either a king or queen size select comfort bed, a private bath, flat screen television with DVD player, WIFI internet access, individually controlled AC and heat, and most with amazing ocean views! The Inn features a full bar and restaurant, sundeck with fire pit, and heated swimming pool...all overlooking the ocean. In addition there is a formal dining room for breakfast and dinner, a small fitness center, and ample parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Balance Rock Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balance Rock Hotel Bar Harbor
- Balance Rock Inn Bar Harbor, Maine