We have been staying at the Balance Rock for years. We love the location- quiet, water views, but still an easy walk to town after a day of hiking or cycling. The past couple of years we've started bringing our children and they love it. A couple issues with the last time we stayed there though and I was disappointed. The rooms are expensive and it's billed as a luxury inn and historically we have felt that. The most recent trip was a little off. The owner was there while we were visiting and he insists on smoking his cigars throughout the wing of the inn where are room was- really unpleasant, and when my husband mentioned it to the front desk they just sort of shrugged their shoulders like there was nothing they could do. That may be the case, but the owner should know better. The second issue is historically the inn gave a small room credit for each nights cocktail hour and they've taken that away. It's a small thing, but seemed like a cheap move to us. I gave it 4 stars because it's still the only inn I'd book in Bar Harbor, but given the cost and lowering of the standards we'll rent a home next time we go.
- Also Known As:
- Balance Rock Hotel Bar Harbor
- Balance Rock Hotel
- Balance Rock Inn Bar Harbor
- Balance Rock Inn Bar Harbor, Maine
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balance Rock Inn is one of the premier oceanfront lodging properties in Bar Harbor, ME. Set on a secluded tree-covered property with expansive views of Frenchman's Bay, this luxurious bed and breakfast Inn's name celebrates the "balance rock," a precariously positioned boulder on the nearby ocean shore, a huge remnant from an ice age. Balance Rock's 21 rooms and suites and 3 apartment-style luxury suites are tastefully outfitted in harmonious colors, handsome wall coverings, handcrafted furnishings, and all the creature comforts. All guest rooms have queen or king beds with Select Comfort Sleep number pillow topped mattresses with a hypoallergenic feather and down tic to sink into. As you slide between the luxurious 500 count linens, under your hypoallergenic down and feather comforter inside designer duvet covers, you will feel like you are sleeping on a cloud. You can adjust the firmness of the mattress on either side for your personal preferences. All rooms and suites have private bath, cable television with DVD player, direct-dial telephone and WIFI internet access; and ten accommodations also have working fireplaces. There is a full complimentary DVD library at the front desk with a list of movies offered in your guest services book. Select a room or suite with a private deck, balcony, whirlpool tub, dry sauna, or Euro showerhead for added pampering. All rooms and suites have individually controlled heat and air conditioning. Each of the three apartment-style luxury suites features a living and dining space, eat-in kitchen, private bath, private deck or porch, and ocean views. We'll be delighted to give you more details by phone and help you make the ideal room selection for your needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Balance Rock Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.