We just returned from a quick trip to Bar Harbor. We were at Mira Monte for three nights and felt it was a wonderful deal. You get a fabulous breakfast with a lot of variety. I can't believe anyone would complain about it! There are two types of muffins, a coffeecake, two types of breakfast casseroles, eggs, waffles, assorted juices and fruit, and the most heavenly creme brulee french toast. There are wine and cheese and crackers for two hours every night and fresh cookies throughout the day.
The inn is very close to Bar Harbor's village green and is super convenient for using the Acadia bus system.
We had a suite. It was not fancy, but it was spacious and had air conditioning and a small kitchen.
I would recommend this place in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Mira Monte Inn & Suites."Behold the Mountains"This historic Bar Harbor bed & breakfast inn reflects the grace and beauty of the mid-Victorian time. Each room features a fireplace and/or balcony and is uniquely styled with antique and period furnishings. The romantic atmosphere is said to be friendly, welcoming and cheerful. The morning full-breakfast buffet gets rave reviews; guests can choose to eat family style in the formal dining room, on the terrace, the breakfast porch, or in their own room.Mira Monte's mission is: to provide relaxation and comfort in beautiful, quiet surroundings of an elegant bed and breakfast inn. It's your vacation and you get to make the choices that meet your needs. Our friendly staff is always there for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Mira Monte Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mira Monte Hotel Bar Harbor
- Mira Monte Inn Bar Harbor, Maine