“Roy's a great place to go if you are not in a hurry..” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: 671-646-1835
Gyeongju, South Korea
“Roy's a great place to go if you are not in a hurry..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I had a chance to go to Roy's in March and was my first time. I had heard about the chain but never had the chance to go. My style is to order and sample alot and share so that is exactly what we did. The sushi was really good and fresh. I asked to go and see the kitchen before my meal cause secretly i like to see how clean everything is before i order raw fish.. no one wants to get sick!!
Anyway, the cleanliness was good and the sushi appetizer was really good. Ordered on main and one combination appetizer that was decent too. I will have to be honest, i didnt pay for it was a company sponsored dinner so i didnt really look at prices so i cannot comment on value but i can comment on price and taste. Taste was good and the manager recommended a great red wine to go with the meal. I was pretty full but wanted to sample a dessert and it was good also.

Service was slow.. i mean really slow and although it was busy when we first arrived, by the time we were done we were the last table to get our meals. Was hard to get someone to refill the bread and olive oil. Just seemed that waitstaff was overwhelmed or out on cloud nine??

overall, i would go back cause the food made up for the lack of service. Give it a try but bring your patience.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Korean first
Tumon, Mariana Islands
“Still One of THE Best Restaurants on Guam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was visiting Guam this month after an absence of almost one year. Staying at the Hilton and having close access to Roy's was a must. Overall, the Hawaiin Fusion food is excellent. Koreab BBQ Ribs were tasty & tender, all the salads were outstanding and the seared Ahi is one of my favorites. The service is impeccable with the entire staff couteous, friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive. Anna, Jennifer, Joelie, Jasmine (really all the waiters & waitresses) are great. Do take the time to get a dirty martini from the bar. Jaime is the best bartender on the island. I was so glad that the quality of service & There's live music Wednesdays thru Sundays, by local muscians.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Agana, Mariana Islands
“expensive, service is inconsistent, NO manager response”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The food at Roy's is generally very good, though the service is inconsistent. I went there to celebrate a birthday, and the first thing we did was order a bottle of wine. When I asked for a glass of ice water, I was told they didn't serve 'tap' water, I had to order mineral water. I noted that the menu did not reflect this policy nor any pricing, and the policy was supposedly in place for a few weeks. I asked to speak to a manager about this, and no one ever showed up to discuss this with me. Never. I also filled the apparently useless comment card, and never heard from anyone. I don't like the taste of mineral water, so I never order it. When I asked if the ice in my drinks or the water in my coffee were made with mineral water, I was given no response.
If you're going to try to be a high-end establishment, then have either the good grace to respond to customers (who happen to be the primary source of income for restaurants nowadays), or have your "policy" backed up by your menu and some semblance of management to respond to the customer. We finished our meal, which was as-usual very tasty, and we are NEVER going back. There are too many other places with excellent food to have to patronize a restaurant that obviously is going to nickel-and-dime their customers, and not really consider them worthy of any response or face time. Now there are NO worthwhile places to eat at the Hilton, unless you order take out from someplace else and eat it in your room.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tamuning
“best coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Yes, the food was cooked very well. Yes, the atmosphere provides privacy, perfect ambience for relaxation and enjoying the meal. But the one thing that makes this place memorable for me is the coffee -- not only the taste, but the presentation. This place speaks out "special service" in its fullest sense. For those looking for a special place to treat somebody or treat themselves, this one is highly recommended.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Altoona, Pennsylvania
“Great Lobster!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Try the lobster tail with the black pepper seasoning..dang its good! Friendly staff, quick service and the chef even took time to come and talk to us.

Visited July 2013