“Let down” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Resort Guam

Save Saved
You added Fiesta Resort Guam to your Saves list
Fiesta Resort Guam
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   801 Pale San Vitores Rd, Tumon, Guam 96913, Mariana Islands   |
Ranked #3 of 20 hotels in Tumon
San Francisco, California
“Let down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The location is good. However, the staff is poorly trained and the facilities are poorly managed. The beds feel like you are sleeping on plywood and are so short my feet hang off the end. The food is edible but isn't worth the resort prices they change. Finally the bartenders at the pool bar need to constantly refer to an instruction book as they make your $11 drinks (in cheap plastic cups) off a very limited drink menu. I don't recommend this hotel for anyone.

Room Tip: Even number rooms are the only rooms with a view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

385 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Location: not far away from shopping mall (those shopping malls near DFS). But it would be quite hard to walk under the big sun for 20 minutes' walk.

Price: it's a little bit above the average.

Breakfast: don't think too much. Just can let you feel you are not hungry.

Service: VERY BAD!!!!

1) I ordered twin-bed rooms for my guests (I had my wedding in Guam). However, Fiesta gave us double bed room. And when I asked them to give back twin bed room, they said they don't have! And I had to spend nearly 2 hours to get back the room. At the end, as twin-bed rooms are not available, some of the guests have no choice and have to share a double bed. (My guests did not meet each other before; they went there just for my wedding!)

2) My husband and I were being informed by the front desk staff that we will be stay in a same room for the whole stay when check-in.

However, we were suddenly being informed by your staff that we have to move to a new room on the 4th day of my stay. And the staff forced us to change the room before we were out for our planned activities. This has seriously delayed our planned schedule and created much trouble to our guests as we were forced to move our entire luggage to a new room. Our guests have to cancel their planned tours and were very unhappy.

I would also like to emphasise that we were only being informed to change room when we asked certain questions regarding our guests’ room at the front desk in the morning on that day. No Fiesta staff has ever informed us of changing room in advance. In other words, if we did not ask question at front desk on that day, we will never know that we have to change room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Everthing about this hotel is medium - price, quality, staff, location and comfortness, except its closeness to the beach which I give it one more star that makes it total four star in ranking.

Fiesta is in the middle of the main road of Guam but don't mistaken it for being "central". It is the area where the Galleria and Duty Free Shop are located is called central. However, it has an open large yard facing the beach and is only 30 steps from the swimming pool to the beach. Other hotels even the Marriot and Westin do not have access to the beach.

For rooms facing the ocean on the 3/F and lower will be blocked by the palms and so for a great view, ask for floor 4 or up.

Breakfast is average. The first day I arrived early and so have breakfast at aroun 6am and everything is fresh and hot. But the following days all food is cold from 8am and there are some flies and small insects.

The pools are OK, clean and adequate. They also have free yoga class in the morning adjacent to the pool area. Just jump in and join!

I think for this price this hotel is very good. I liked it particulary it is not So croweded when compared to Sherton or Nikko which are really big hotels.

If you saw my comments and decided to stay here, I would say "Thank YOU!" {I am not related to this hotel anyway}

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Warragul
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Good position and well run. Clean and well looked after. Has good pool and beach front swimming. Wireless internet is a bit poor. A medium walk to the shops. Easy access to tour buses. Staff very helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This was our only family vacation for the year, six days on Guam.The two stars are for the great five star performance of the front office employees headed by front office manager Kate and the excellent housekeeping staff. There are numerous executive management issues at the Fiesta hotel that lower the guest experience. Had to wait 40 minutes for airport pickup with the hotel just 5 minutes away. A/C didn't work at all during first day and it was 29 Celsius in the room. A/C only managed 25 Celsius once hotel was mostly empty. Clearly the climate control system needs upgrading. Manager Kate executed a text book service delivery failure recovery and did her best to make us happy. Thank you Kate. The TV's have now been upgraded but the beds and pillows need urgent renewing. Executive management has to invest now to maintain standards or lower quality. There were quite a number of military personnel in the lobby with beer bottles along with a unruly group of Russian tourists who emulated them. The Russian tourists staged loud drinking pool parties with portable stereos and their own musical instruments until 4 a.m. in the morning depriving us of our sleep and then proceeded to their rooms and hung the "Do not disturb" signs and went to sleep. Hotel security avoided them for fear of being beaten up. The Russian tourist beat up the hotel manager of the nearby Westin Hotel when he intervened to stop them at their pool side drinking binge. After numerous complaints on the third night of this stampede the Guam police force was called in at 4.30 a.m. and ended it. Unfortunately the hotel management continued to honor the 2 a.m. curfew the next day to the same drunks who again kept the whole hotel awake with a new pool party. Unfortunately there were many prostitutes in the lobby and elevators and the security feature of the elevator had been disabled to allow the prostitutes direct access to the rooms. More of a flop house than a family hotel. Hotel management please decide what kind of hotel you want to be. If I want to be robbed, I can just take out my money and put it on the street and somebody will surely pick it up. I don't need to go through such a bad experience and pay for it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I've now stayed at the Fiesta Resort twice on two separate week long occasions. They were able to organise an airport transfer for us for $10 each when we arrived which was handy because we didn't need to sort out cabs and the staff were courteous and loaded our bags for us, although didn't take them to our room when we got there. I'll start by saying that if you stay in Guam, stay in Tumon along the beach because there are very few locations on the island that match the brilliance of this one, as with all hotels in Tumon on the beach side, you are able to take the elevator down to the lobby or bottom floor and walk straight out into the reef which is magnificient and the majority of the shopping and bars are in Tumon or up the road in nearby Yigo. Having said that, that means that you can pretty much pick any hotels in the same location and they are all just as good location wise. I stayed in a beach side room previously and had a 'garden' view room this time (which means car park). The beach side rooms are definitely better and it is probably worth the extra money to wake up and see the beach every morning as the view is breathtaking, although if you want to be frugal, the beach is so close you won't be too disappointed if you go in knowing what you are sacrificing. I find the staff at the Fiesta to be courteous and helpful and can not fault them, they tried hard to help with all requests. It must be said that the staff at the hotel are really the difference between this hotel being a rating of 4 by me and a rating of 3, they are the best thing about the hotel besides the location. The rooms are ok, the good points are that they are very clean rooms and well looked after by housekeeping. I thought the linen and towels were good and never had a problem with things being cleaned and replaced in my room by housekeeping. The rooms are airconditioned and contain an unstocked fridge (there is a small shop just outside the lobby where you can purchase drinks etc to put in the fridge), the bathrooms are small but contain a bath and a shower combination and are nicely furnished, although the decore is a bit dated. There is a relatively big tv (42" probably?) and plenty of cupboard space. I will say however there were a number of difficult things about the room. The aircon is very loud so if that bothers you when you sleep, be aware of that. Secondly, for some strange reason someone thought it was a good idea to put an illuminating blue light on all the tvs in the hotel, meaning that when you turn the tv off and the room is dark, the room lights up due to the piercing blue light on the tv, which I found frustrating considering the tvs could not easily be turned off at the wall. My collegues who I was travelling with also found the beds to be quite hard, so be aware of this if you don't like hard mattresses (I believe because the hotel tends to cater to Japanese guests mostly, the beds are harder than you would generally find in a western location). I found the sink in the bathroom often got clogged when I shaved which was also frustrating and the bathroom and the room in general was not well ventilated so it was difficult to get anything dry given the humidity outside and lack of venilation inside (which also meant the rooms had a little bit of musty odour). The internet in the room was available at $12 a day, but I found it to be quite slow.

The hotel facilities were generally quite good, the gym contains 2 treadmills, a bike, a range of freeweights up to 50pounds (about 22.5kg) and a station where you can do a bunch of excercises you'd normally do in the gym, although there is no leg press or squatrack. The gym has a water station and small towels available so you don't need to bring a towel with you which is good. Watch out if you are using the free weights, because the weights tend to stick to the rack they are mounted on which could cause a back injury if you are not careful - I thought this to be dangerous in there, but for the most part the gym was good.

The outdoor pool was nice and there were facilities down by the water enabling you to rent snorkelling gear to go straight into the reef which was handy.

The restaurant I found to be sub par. Again, as the resort tends to cater more to Japanese than westerners, there was an abundance of Japanese food for breakfast, not sushi or sashimi but miso and a number of more traditional foods which I wouldn't normally have for breakfast, including stir fry. I found the food appeared significantly less fresh than at most of the other breakfast buffets on the island, with a limited array of fresh fruit (somedays there would be watermelon, but most days the only fresh fruit was dew melon and rock melon and orange slices, with the only other available fruit being apricots from a can) and I found their omlette bar to be sub par. There was a very poor array of cereals (if you like cereal for breakfast, go somewhere else) and their pancakes didn't appear fresh. I didn't eat at Fiesta for dinner but I would suggest you are better off eating breakfast at the Marriott 100m down because the buffet there is world class and there are so many good buffets in other hotels on the island (we went to the Weston and the Hyatt on this trip and both of those were fantastic value and infinitely better than anything we had at Fiesta).

Now, while a lot of what I have said in this is negative it must be said that if you got this hotel at good value compared to other hotels in the same location, you would be happy with it as it was comfortable, particularly if you don't use the restaurant considering there are uncountable buffets in close proximity and its not that bad if you just want something quick.

If I were going back to Guam, I would say that if there is less than a $50-$80 gap between here and somewhere else of a more reputable hotel chain, and it was in Tumon on the beach (note the Sheraton is not in Tumon on the beach for example), I would stay there because the quality of the hotel is probably only 4 star whereas the others are 5 and their facilities are just a bit better meaning you won't have to go to other locations, you can just park in the hotel for the whole time you're there. Its a nice place to stay, but if you are looking for above and beyond 'nice', stay somewhere else and if you are just looking for 'comfortable' and don't plan to spend a lot of time in the room, you'll enjoy here.

Hafa adai everyone and enjoy your stay in Guam.

Room Tip: Beach side rooms will make it easier for you to dry your clothes and tend to be better ventilated.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Fiesta Resort, Guam. Lovely place to stay. My fiancé and I with four members of my fiancé's family stayed at this hotel for four nights in July 2012, the hotel itself is ideally placed for a leisurely stroll in to the main shops and restaurants. The hotel is located on the beach front and although the beach isn't that big the hotel itself and it's facilities are definitely family friendly, otherwise suitable for children.

Room Tip: Beach front rooms are a must if you want to appreciate the sunrise and sunsets in the area.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fiesta Resort Guam? Share your experiences!