“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Tumon
Yigo, Mariana Islands
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

You may have seen that I've stayed at a few other hotels as a staycation and this hotel has so far been my favorite place to be. I got a great rate, a beautiful room with an ocean and pool view, and the staff was awesome!
When I first got there they assigned us to a room that already had someone in it. I was kinda mad because I was lugging 4 suitcases, 2 kids and misc other items so my husband went to the front desk. He told them "I think there is someone in our room" and before anything else could be said, the night manager came out, apologized and whisked us away with other staff (to help me) to a new room. I was very impressed.
The food was good, and the water park was awesome. I liked it better than onward. We were there for 6 days and with all the stress of moving from Guam back to the US, it was really, truly wonderful to not have to worry about stuff with our hotel. I would recommend this hotel over any other. When I go back to visit Guam, I will be making my stay at the PIC again.

Oh also, we were in such a rush that we forgot to check out however; looking at our charge, they didn't charge us a late checkout and they were left with a huge box to throw away and other things we forgot! I felt so bad.

So for other minor things: there was a TV with both HDMI and USB port so bring your WD if you want esp since using the TV is kind of a pain.
I didn't have to buy tickets for the fire show cause I could see it from my balcony (birds eye view not front view). The pool stays open till 9:30 so that was way cool and the beds were comfy. It's in a good location for night life and shopping. If you have a rental car or driving your own, the parking kind of sucks.

Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Tokyo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

First time I stayed here was in 1992, and it does not look like there has been much upkeep on the facillities, The rooms during the Christmas and New Year holidays are outragiously over priced due to so many Asian tourists, and the pool staff seem to be more interested in meeting people than tending to the guests. The pool could use a solid cleaning, and the linens are usually torn and tattered.

It is a shame to see it being run down, but there are better value for money hotels in Guam.

Room Tip: Try to stay in one of the newer towers, it wont smell so musty and mildewy
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MirandaA-QCManager, Manager at Pacific Islands Club Guam, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our resort. Since your last visit to PIC, we have done some renovations in our guestrooms in all our towers for all our guests to enjoy. Our waterpark facility has also undergone some renovations to provide our guests with an even better experience. We welcome you and your family back to our resort and hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Miranda A.
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This hotel is the largest on the island. Great facilities for kids. The bay has coral and fish. The hotel has seen better days and could use a remodel. Staff was friendly and helpful. Close to the ever loved K-mart. This would be a great place to stay with a large group. Hotel provides boats, snorkels, etc.

• Stayed October 2013
MirandaA-QCManager, Manager at Pacific Islands Club Guam, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our resort. We are delighted to hear that you experienced the hospitality of our staff and the beach attractions within our location. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Miranda A.
Quality Control Manager
Towanda, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I enjoyed a visit to the beautiful PIC resort. This is a family resort, and believe me, there were plenty of happy children and their parents here being entertained by the clubmates, a group of young happy responsible adults who kept the children entertained. The resort is gorgeous, there is so much to do, wind surfing, kayaking, learn to snorkel and scuba. The natural landscaping and the beautiful pools - just amazing. Tumon Bay Beach - so gorgeous - so hard to leave. For me, the best part was Juvana, the resort's massage spa. PIC should advertise their resort more as a destination spa resort - the treatments, the beauty of the spa, the gorgeous tranquil gardens at Juvana - such a blissful experience. The staff, professional, polite, knowledgeable - make a treatment there a memorable experience. I would go back there in a heartbeat and hope that I can return there some day. Go there, book a massage as soon as you get there and let the experience begin!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
MirandaA-QCManager, Manager at Pacific Islands Club Guam, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the many outdoor activities here at our resort and the services we offer at our Jiivana Spa. In PIC’s commitment to providing our guests with the best possible experience, we continue to develop innovative ideas for the services we provide. You can expect an even more memorable experience in the future as Jiivana Spa will have more to offer in 2014! We look forward to the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Miranda A., Quality Control Manager
Okinawa, Japan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Our family just returned from the Guam Pacific Islands Club. We decided to get the Gold package which covered all three meals a day. When we arrived and checked in to our room, which we paid $500.00 plus a night for we were appalled. There was hair on the tile floor, mold in the bathroom, and the a/c vent on the ceiling was dripping water. The furniture looked as if it had been used in a 100 year old hotel. We went back down to the front desk and asked for a different room. They gave us a new one which was equally as bad!!! Hotel room maintenance/up keep and cleaning was not their strong suit. We all agreed that the food was good, and the water park was nice. The dinner show was good. Our trip for 3 nights was $1600.00. For that amount of money we could of stayed at a more upscale hotel and had a nicer room.

Room Tip: We were in the Royal Tower, room 2245. Hopefully they will clean it better and do some maint.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
PacificIslandsClub, Manager at Pacific Islands Club Guam, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Danielle,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to post a review about our resort. Here at PIC we are committed to providing our guests with the best possible experience. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you may have experienced during your stay. We are still in the process of upgrading several areas of our resort. We also do our best to keep up with routine maintenance throughout our property. We have taken note of your review and will use it to help us better serve all our guests.

Pacific Islands Club Management Team
Seoul
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the PIC as a chaperone for a group of high school seniors on their senior trip. I think overall we all really enjoyed our stay. There were so many different activities to do and the hotel and water park staff were really helpful. We had the Gold package which included all of our meals, the dinner show, and all of the water park activities. Many of our students were Korean and they seemed to love the options at the buffet as well as at the other restaurants. I got the PIC burger at the rock and roll restaurant for one meal and really enjoyed it. I thought the food selection was great at the buffet and even the bit more limited set menu options at the other restaurants for gold card holders seemed more than sufficient. I was a bit concerned about the self-serve open taps at the buffet restaurant at lunch and dinner. Perhaps I missed it, but I didn't really see anyone checking ages of who was getting beer, which can be a bit of a cause for concern when you we chaperoning 14 high school seniors. I don't think our students took advantage of the situation, but it appeared that it might be pretty easy to do if they had wanted to. The water park was great. Our group went snorkeling in the swim through aquarium and the ocean, a few of us did the scuba diving lesson and windsurfing lessons, we took kayaks out into the ocean and played in the pools and on the water slides. All equipment rental was included in our package, which pretty much made it so that we only needed to bring our swimsuit and sunscreen. There was a bit of renovation going on which prevented us from using the Kayaking river that runs through the water park and also changed the venue of the dinner show. But there was still plenty to do. As a bit of a tip, many of the activities are offered at specific times and require being signed up to participate. We found that lines began to form about 15 minutes prior to the opening of sign-up time(you could sign up at 9:00 am while we were there and it had to be the day of the activity). Other activities were first come-first served based on when the activity was offered. In either case, whether signing up or showing up for an activity, we found it best to be there about 20 minutes early to make sure that we made it on the list. Even if water sports is not your thing, there is a mini golf course, basketball court, tennis court, and outdoor adventure course and archery range. With the exception of venturing out one afternoon on a shopping trip, we were able to fill the rest of the time at the hotel and water park. The only negative that I found about the facilities (minus the renovations, but it is hard to hold that against a place, just bad timing on our part) was that there was no weight/fitness room on the property. When I asked about it at the desk, I was told that the guests usually just go to the neighboring hotel for that. A few treadmills or elliptical machines and some weight equipment in an air conditioned space in the hotel would have been appreciated, but again with the myriad of other activities that were offered it was hard to complain. The rooms were adequate, nothing too fancy, but they met our needs. They clearly are not the main attraction or emphasis at the PIC but they provide a decent place to overnight while you are enjoying the activities and food at the resort. We were in the B tower which proved to be about a 5 minute (mostly indoors) walk from the main lobby. The room had a flat screen TV, mini refrigerator, coffee maker and alarm clock for amenities. The air conditioner was in good order and made for a comfortable sleeping environment even though the bed was a bit on the hard side (but that is a preference thing). My room faced away from the water park and was perpendicular to the ocean but there was still a decent view. I was provided with one complementary water bottle the first night of my four night stay. The room was absent from any hotel information and the little booklet and map that was provided to me with my key had hours for water park activities that varied a bit from what we found to be practice. One example came when the two other chaperones and I went to play mini golf at night. We were told that the course closed at least a half hour earlier than the printed information we had, forcing us to end our game halfway through the course. There were a few other things that also closed a bit earlier than printed times, but overall it wasn't too bad. It might be time, though, to update the maps that come with the keys to reflect those time changes in closing times. Overall we really enjoyed our stay. Water park and activities = great, room and upkeep of rooms = average, Restaurants and food options = great, Service and friendliness of staff = great (even the ladies who kicked us off the mini golf course and told me there was no weight room did so with kindness and a smile), Availability and accuracy of printed information about facilities = could use a little work (in room material with information about activities and how to sign up for them could take the PIC to the next level in this area. It wasn't until the last day that our kids finally figured out the sign up system and which activities required it and which did not).

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay overall at the Pacific Islands Club. The faclities around the hotel are fantanstic for the whole family. I will be there next time!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Pacific Islands Club Guam? Share your experiences!