“nightmares in PIC hotel, Guam” 1 of 5 stars

Pacific Islands Club Guam
210 Pale San Vitores Rd, Tumon, Guam 96931, Mariana Islands   |
Ranked #8 of 20 hotels in Tumon
Richmond, Canada
“nightmares in PIC hotel, Guam”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

it was my great disappointment of my experience in Guam Pacific Island Club Hotel (PIC Hotel). It left me a great depress and regret for my lifetime wedding and what I and my husband experienced were terrible and unbelievable!!

I and our families (our fathers and mothers, cousin and sisters) with total of 10 persons planned to hold our wedding at Guam in Nov 2012. At the first day when we dropped off at Guam, we were sent to PIC hotel at around 10am after the morning tour. As the time was not yet ready to check in, we decided to go out for further visiting, however, when we back at around 4pm, we still need to wait for nearly 45 minutes because the rooms were still not yet ready for us…

After we checked in the room, I & my husband were taking a shower and the horrible journey was started to begin…
During our bathing time, somebody knocked the door and shouted “Your room is flooding, all water is draining out from your room!!!” When my husband tried to go out, we understood what’s going on once we opened our shower curtain! The bathing room was flooding and all water was running out!!! We both came out from the bath room with the shampoo and soap, my husband opened the door but there’s no body there already … and I was flustered to open the cabinet opposite to our bath room, because our wedding gown and dressing were getting wet as well!

We called to the concierge at once and told them how messy was but kept waiting for more than 15 minutes. Finally, we went down to the reception because we kept waiting for over 20 minutes which reached our limit. My husband began coughing and sneezing… afterward, one of their staff went to the room with us for arranging another room, we found that a man came out from our room and claimed “nothing special, the drainage was blocked and it’s fixed now”, that’s ridiculous!!! How can they get into our room without our permission and consent and there’s no body inside the room??!! That’s the sense and problem of security! We were really mad for their unprofessional arrangement!!

Starting from that night, I & my husband were sick and I do want to mention that I am a pregnant woman for 6 months. We couldn’t go out with our family as planned, and therefore, they couldn’t go out as well coz’ my husband rent a car and planned to go diving and elsewhere at south part of Guam…

Unfortunately, another terrible story coming at the second night…

When we change the room at the 2nd day, I, my husband and one of our relatives went to our room and go to bed early after dinner because of sickness. I was awaked by a strong burning smell at the mid night! My husband was then awaked, too. He came out of the room to see anything happen, but other than the burning smell and some smog over the corridor ceiling, seemed nothing gonna happened and no fire alarm or smoke detector was activated. My husband was then called to the service counter and what the staff told us was : “yes, we know. It’s something happen in the elevator’s plant room and we are now trying to fix it.” However, because of the odor, we couldn’t fall asleep and we were worried about the smell which may harm my baby, my husband then requested to change another room again. The staff told us that no room could be changed because all rooms were the same. What the hell is that!!! As the time was 1am running to 2am and we all tired and sick, and we still had a wedding ceremony at the next early morning!! we could only try to sleep again. However, the smell was even stronger that we couldn’t sleep and breathed! We called our cousin to wake up and came out to the corridor again. At that moment, one of the families next to our room came out with a little baby as well. We were all nervous, I and my husband decided to go down to counter again and complaining of it. They were then checking the other room unpleasantly!

At the next day of our wedding, we both couldn’t go through the ceremony with the best condition as well prepared just because of the 2 night’s nightmares!! Our wedding become incomplete and imperfect in our lifetime memory with full of regret and depress…

I want to clarify that I am a manager in property management service and my husband is a professional and qualified home inspector in North America. We can’t believe that how can a so called 5-star hotel with such management and decision making that totally ignore and neglect the importance of life!! That’s a serious problem of life safety and security, we were both frustrated and mistrusted their professionalism and doubt of their fire alarming system was malfunctioned!!

We stayed in Guam for 8 days and we changed the 3 rooms over the first 3 days-2 nights… all places we planned to visit was irrecoverably lost… it was because my husband and his cousin were got sick for the whole journey. They couldn’t drive for long time, couldn’t go to diving, swimming and all water sports….. and the whole trip was ruined!!

We were all very depressed and full of regret that how can our wedding be so unfortunate!!! That’s not only a travel but our lifetime wedding, and we will not have a 2nd time to repeat our wedding again!!

other than our worst experience, the facilities management and house keeping in PIC hotel seem not in a professional standard as a 5-star hotel. the room was dirty with insects and ants, and the facilities inside the room was also awful and lack of repair and maintenance.

all in all, they are not a professional hotel in Guam!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

405 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Beijing
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

The only reason you would come here at all is the water park for the kids. The bathroom was moldy and the water leaked out into the room when you shower. Just check-in for the day and enjoy the largest water park in Guam.

Room Tip: We were in the "new" tower so I would not recommend the old tower?!?!?!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
PacificIslandsClub, Manager at Pacific Islands Club Guam, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

We apologize for your recent experience. We have made some repairs and continue to do routine maintenance to ensure all our guests take pleasure in their stay with us. We have also done some renovations in all our guestrooms in all our towers for all our guests to enjoy.

Pacific Islands Club Management Team
Daejeon, Daejeon, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I went to PIC resort on October 17th-21st 2012. I visited Guam for cross-country between some international school. My team were picked up at 3am and we were driven straight to the hotel. When we arrived in the lobby the people were nice, but I was really tired we just waited to go to the room. Due to our trip being a school trip, we stayed at Oceania B Tower, lets just say I didn't like the 5-10 min walk from the lobby to the room. While walking in the hallways down to the elevator of Oceania tower B, I really didn't like the smell of the hallway. It felt so musty and old, it could have used some air fresheners somewhere or just making a better tower. Our room was simply 2 beds and a couch that turned into the bed. When I put the couch into its bed position I saw that the bed was really dirty and I just slept on the couch in its original form. The view of the park was nice from our hotel and we had a door connecting us to the other room were my other team mates are. (We were both boys). The room itself didn't smell, but for some reason it felt old or unclean. In the afternoon I was shocked about the facilities it had. Several pools, water slides, tennis courts, basketball courts, mini golf, volley ball, windsurfing, and many more activities. I found that it made up for the old rooms. The staff was really nice, the cleaning lady spoke english and was very kind to us when we asked just for new towels. The breakfast was nice, having some variety with their food. I was a good trip overall and I like the hotel, I just found that the rooms and the lobby was very far off. I know that I am a cross-country runner, but sometimes after a race we would like just to get into our rooms instead of a long walk there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I could do enjoy all the activities like archery, kayaking, squash, snorkeling...etc.
Staffs were very friendly. But hotel was too old. Need to be renovated. Full of Korean, Japanese, Chinese in-house guests. Had a treatment in the Jivana Spa. That was the best treatment I've ever had.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Okinawa, Japan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed here for only one night in June. We switched to the outrigger after that first night. Our room was old, moldy, and extremely dirty. When we talked to the manager about the problem, she told us that we had already been upgraded (news to us....and I can't believe they had a worse room) and that there was nothing more that they could do. This room wasn't just a little bit dirty, it was disgusting with crusted on dried liquid on the mattress, phone, lamps, etc. The bathrooms were moldy and old. Everything else in town was booked that night so we stayed the one night and then left.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
PacificIslandsClub, Public Relations Manager at Pacific Islands Club Guam, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

We apologize for your experience this past June. We did some renovations in all our rooms so we may deliver a more pleasant stay for all our guests. We hope to welcome you back again someday so you may enjoy our resort and the true uniqueness that makes PIC a very special place.

Pacific Islands Club Management Team
東京都
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

it is in the centre of Tumon beach easy to access to the beach, restaurant and shopping area. also there are many golf course around the hotel. during stay, no one may be frastlated and irritated by boring there.

• Stayed December 2011
HAWAII
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

This place was renovated and the smelly old rooms are still in existence I guess. I would have stayed elsewhere. The front desk workers were okay. I would only recommend for kids so that they can enjoy the waterpark or stay at another place and then pay a park fee to use it for the day, much cheaper. I don;t like the buffet restaurant downstairs one for the food, it's not quality..it's like junk fast food and because all the tourists are walking in, getting food from the buffet while they're still dripping wet in their bathing suits. I don't think this is sanitary.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Pacific Islands Club Guam? Share your experiences!