“Enjoyment” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Tumon
Daejeon, Daejeon, South Korea
“Enjoyment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I went to PIC resort on October 17th-21st 2012. I visited Guam for cross-country between some international school. My team were picked up at 3am and we were driven straight to the hotel. When we arrived in the lobby the people were nice, but I was really tired we just waited to go to the room. Due to our trip being a school trip, we stayed at Oceania B Tower, lets just say I didn't like the 5-10 min walk from the lobby to the room. While walking in the hallways down to the elevator of Oceania tower B, I really didn't like the smell of the hallway. It felt so musty and old, it could have used some air fresheners somewhere or just making a better tower. Our room was simply 2 beds and a couch that turned into the bed. When I put the couch into its bed position I saw that the bed was really dirty and I just slept on the couch in its original form. The view of the park was nice from our hotel and we had a door connecting us to the other room were my other team mates are. (We were both boys). The room itself didn't smell, but for some reason it felt old or unclean. In the afternoon I was shocked about the facilities it had. Several pools, water slides, tennis courts, basketball courts, mini golf, volley ball, windsurfing, and many more activities. I found that it made up for the old rooms. The staff was really nice, the cleaning lady spoke english and was very kind to us when we asked just for new towels. The breakfast was nice, having some variety with their food. I was a good trip overall and I like the hotel, I just found that the rooms and the lobby was very far off. I know that I am a cross-country runner, but sometimes after a race we would like just to get into our rooms instead of a long walk there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I could do enjoy all the activities like archery, kayaking, squash, snorkeling...etc.
Staffs were very friendly. But hotel was too old. Need to be renovated. Full of Korean, Japanese, Chinese in-house guests. Had a treatment in the Jivana Spa. That was the best treatment I've ever had.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Okinawa, Japan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed here for only one night in June. We switched to the outrigger after that first night. Our room was old, moldy, and extremely dirty. When we talked to the manager about the problem, she told us that we had already been upgraded (news to us....and I can't believe they had a worse room) and that there was nothing more that they could do. This room wasn't just a little bit dirty, it was disgusting with crusted on dried liquid on the mattress, phone, lamps, etc. The bathrooms were moldy and old. Everything else in town was booked that night so we stayed the one night and then left.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
PacificIslandsClub, Public Relations Manager at Pacific Islands Club Guam, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

We apologize for your experience this past June. We did some renovations in all our rooms so we may deliver a more pleasant stay for all our guests. We hope to welcome you back again someday so you may enjoy our resort and the true uniqueness that makes PIC a very special place.

Pacific Islands Club Management Team
Fuchu, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

it is in the centre of Tumon beach easy to access to the beach, restaurant and shopping area. also there are many golf course around the hotel. during stay, no one may be frastlated and irritated by boring there.

• Stayed December 2011
HAWAII
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

This place was renovated and the smelly old rooms are still in existence I guess. I would have stayed elsewhere. The front desk workers were okay. I would only recommend for kids so that they can enjoy the waterpark or stay at another place and then pay a park fee to use it for the day, much cheaper. I don;t like the buffet restaurant downstairs one for the food, it's not quality..it's like junk fast food and because all the tourists are walking in, getting food from the buffet while they're still dripping wet in their bathing suits. I don't think this is sanitary.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Barrigada, Mariana Islands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

If at all possible try to get a room in the main tower, the older towers are terrible. But we were hardly in our rooms anyways.
The garage parking is small.

The waterpark is nice and fun, very family oriented. A lot of different pools for whatever fits your desire. Kids pools, lounging pool, swimming pool, recreation pool, a lot of things to do as well.

The jiavana spa is great too.

The beaches on Guam are actually all public, not private.

Room Tip: The old towers are bad, ask for a room in the newer tower.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Okinawa, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

When we checked in we were helped by a woman who had a thick accent. Maybe russian? The check-in process was smooth and easy. She told us where to park so we headed that direction. The parking garage was very erie and the lower floors had room items (stacks and stacks of matresses, lamps, old tvs). We couldnt find parking on the floor she suggested so we parked near an elevator, took out our luggage and our 2 and 3 year old to find out that the elevator wasn't in service! I wish the front desk had told us that upon check in! When we got to our room, I was shocked to see how flat the pillows were! They were literally as flat as like two dvd cases stacked on top of each other. There was a pubic hair (mens armpit hair) on one of the beds. There was also long hairs in the middle of the two beds by the nightstand and a whole lot of dust bunnies under the bed. I wonder how long they've gone without sweeping under there. We stayed in the Oceana Superior room type in Ocean Tower B. I can't even imagine what the lower room type, Oceana Standard would be like. The bathroom is really tiny. It's really cramped with two people in there. There is mold on the shower walls. We did not opt for the all inclusive package because we wanted to eat out in town. The water park is great, especially for kids. They provide lifejackets and there is enough for everyone. They also provide pool towels. If you are checking in that day, but are there too early, the hotel can store your luggage and you are able to start using the water park at 10am. If you are checking out that day, but leaving later in the afternoon, you have up until 5pm to use the waterpark/pools. A HUGE CON is that housekeeping takes FOREVER to service your room. We left our room at 9:30am to play in the waterpark and came back at 11 to change and go eat lunch. I was hoping that somewhere in between there, housekeeping would come by to service the room and change the sheets because my 3 yr old had an accident in the bed the night prior. We came back from lunch at about 2 and the room was the same as we left it. I started to get a little concerned because I was going to put my kids down for a nap and didn't want her to disturb us, but I did it anyway. When they awoke, still no service. 4:30 comes around and I finally call housekeeping. I asked to just get some extra sheets and towels. The woman on the other end was so rude and said "YOU DONT WANT YOUR ROOM CLEANED?!?!" I told her I did, however it was getting late and I asked her what time they were going to come. She replied " I DONT KNOW, WE HAVE A LOT OF ROOMS TO CLEAN ON THAT FLOOR". I was so frustrated and ended the conversation. We were heading out to dinner at about 5:30 and saw a housekeeper on the way out. My husband approached her and said, "Excuse me, my daughter had an accident in the bed; do you mind just changing the sheets on the bed closest to the door?" She said, "I will go in there and see if it's dirty and then change it". My husband and I just looked at each other in shock and left to eat dinner. It was finally changed, but that morning when I first discovered the accident, I took the sheet off and my daughter slept like a burrito with the comforter. There is no wifi in the room either. You have to take like a 5 min walk to the lobby to use the internet. I wish I had taken pictures to share. The view from the balcony was nice :/

Room Tip: If you want a decent room, be prepared to fork up the money
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Pacific Islands Club Guam? Share your experiences!