“Dirty” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 20 hotels in Tumon
Okinawa, Japan
“Dirty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed here for only one night in June. We switched to the outrigger after that first night. Our room was old, moldy, and extremely dirty. When we talked to the manager about the problem, she told us that we had already been upgraded (news to us....and I can't believe they had a worse room) and that there was nothing more that they could do. This room wasn't just a little bit dirty, it was disgusting with crusted on dried liquid on the mattress, phone, lamps, etc. The bathrooms were moldy and old. Everything else in town was booked that night so we stayed the one night and then left.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
PacificIslandsClub, Public Relations Manager at Pacific Islands Club Guam, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

We apologize for your experience this past June. We did some renovations in all our rooms so we may deliver a more pleasant stay for all our guests. We hope to welcome you back again someday so you may enjoy our resort and the true uniqueness that makes PIC a very special place.

Pacific Islands Club Management Team

400 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
東京都
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

it is in the centre of Tumon beach easy to access to the beach, restaurant and shopping area. also there are many golf course around the hotel. during stay, no one may be frastlated and irritated by boring there.

• Stayed December 2011
HAWAII
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

This place was renovated and the smelly old rooms are still in existence I guess. I would have stayed elsewhere. The front desk workers were okay. I would only recommend for kids so that they can enjoy the waterpark or stay at another place and then pay a park fee to use it for the day, much cheaper. I don;t like the buffet restaurant downstairs one for the food, it's not quality..it's like junk fast food and because all the tourists are walking in, getting food from the buffet while they're still dripping wet in their bathing suits. I don't think this is sanitary.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Barrigada, Mariana Islands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

If at all possible try to get a room in the main tower, the older towers are terrible. But we were hardly in our rooms anyways.
The garage parking is small.

The waterpark is nice and fun, very family oriented. A lot of different pools for whatever fits your desire. Kids pools, lounging pool, swimming pool, recreation pool, a lot of things to do as well.

The jiavana spa is great too.

The beaches on Guam are actually all public, not private.

Room Tip: The old towers are bad, ask for a room in the newer tower.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Okinawa, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

When we checked in we were helped by a woman who had a thick accent. Maybe russian? The check-in process was smooth and easy. She told us where to park so we headed that direction. The parking garage was very erie and the lower floors had room items (stacks and stacks of matresses, lamps, old tvs). We couldnt find parking on the floor she suggested so we parked near an elevator, took out our luggage and our 2 and 3 year old to find out that the elevator wasn't in service! I wish the front desk had told us that upon check in! When we got to our room, I was shocked to see how flat the pillows were! They were literally as flat as like two dvd cases stacked on top of each other. There was a pubic hair (mens armpit hair) on one of the beds. There was also long hairs in the middle of the two beds by the nightstand and a whole lot of dust bunnies under the bed. I wonder how long they've gone without sweeping under there. We stayed in the Oceana Superior room type in Ocean Tower B. I can't even imagine what the lower room type, Oceana Standard would be like. The bathroom is really tiny. It's really cramped with two people in there. There is mold on the shower walls. We did not opt for the all inclusive package because we wanted to eat out in town. The water park is great, especially for kids. They provide lifejackets and there is enough for everyone. They also provide pool towels. If you are checking in that day, but are there too early, the hotel can store your luggage and you are able to start using the water park at 10am. If you are checking out that day, but leaving later in the afternoon, you have up until 5pm to use the waterpark/pools. A HUGE CON is that housekeeping takes FOREVER to service your room. We left our room at 9:30am to play in the waterpark and came back at 11 to change and go eat lunch. I was hoping that somewhere in between there, housekeeping would come by to service the room and change the sheets because my 3 yr old had an accident in the bed the night prior. We came back from lunch at about 2 and the room was the same as we left it. I started to get a little concerned because I was going to put my kids down for a nap and didn't want her to disturb us, but I did it anyway. When they awoke, still no service. 4:30 comes around and I finally call housekeeping. I asked to just get some extra sheets and towels. The woman on the other end was so rude and said "YOU DONT WANT YOUR ROOM CLEANED?!?!" I told her I did, however it was getting late and I asked her what time they were going to come. She replied " I DONT KNOW, WE HAVE A LOT OF ROOMS TO CLEAN ON THAT FLOOR". I was so frustrated and ended the conversation. We were heading out to dinner at about 5:30 and saw a housekeeper on the way out. My husband approached her and said, "Excuse me, my daughter had an accident in the bed; do you mind just changing the sheets on the bed closest to the door?" She said, "I will go in there and see if it's dirty and then change it". My husband and I just looked at each other in shock and left to eat dinner. It was finally changed, but that morning when I first discovered the accident, I took the sheet off and my daughter slept like a burrito with the comforter. There is no wifi in the room either. You have to take like a 5 min walk to the lobby to use the internet. I wish I had taken pictures to share. The view from the balcony was nice :/

Room Tip: If you want a decent room, be prepared to fork up the money
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Shanghai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

This review is coming late as we stayed here in December 2011. Guam is beautiful, but this hotel and water park needs to be updated. If you stay here, request the Royal tower and an updated room. We originally were in Ocean A tower and the room was awful. We were able to switch rooms for an additional cost. The room was a 100% improvement and worth the money. The resort has a lot of activites especially for familes. The kids pool area was perfect as the depth was quite shallow so our two children (4 and 7 years old) could be in the pool without us as we sat in poolside chairs. The swim-thru aquarium was cool, but my 4 year old was not tall enough to participate. The beach was clean and the snorkeling was great as there were many fish to see. We also were able to take a ride on the catamaran. The food was quite expensive at the resort, but it was also expensive if you left the resort. There are some great restaurants across the street from the resort and a KMart up the hill. I recommend renting a car for the day and drive around the island. I would recommend this resort, but only if you could reserve an updated room in the Royal tower.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Monterey, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

We took our toddler to the PIC's water park and we all had a blast. I cannot say anything regarding the hotel as we did not stay there. The buffet lunch was far above average, I was pleasantly surprised. Fresh and delicious menu items with a very wide variety. Word to the wise- if you would like dessert, hit that table first as it runs out quickly. We took windsurfing lessons which were a lot of fun. More individualized attention would be great. Although we had fun windsurfing, I still have no idea how to steer (nor did any of the other people in our group, which was amusing when we all hit the ocean to try out our new skills). There is a ton to do here. We went mini golfing (it was an average course, not very decorative, but a lot of fun), enjoyed the water slides (there are not many, but I thought their slides were more fun than Tarza's or Onward's), they have some really fun "pool obstacles"- trying to walk across a spinning foam log or cross a horizontal ladder of floating platforms), they have two different kid pools which were small, but entertaining, you can go kayaking on a very pretty "river" that runs through the resort, and a ton of other things. Everyone will find something they enjoy doing here. It is a great way to spend the day! Don't forget to stay for dinner- they have a good dinner show featuring fire dancers with another satisfying buffet. My only real complaint is that the beach has a LOT of litter. It was disgusting. Our toddler was trying to play in the sand, but that is really impossible. There are cigarette butts, plastic, rusted metal and all sorts of garbage just everywhere on the beach. I expected a LOT more of a private resort. They really need to get out and clean the area. But, other than that, I highly recommend it during your stay on Guam!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Pacific Islands Club Guam? Share your experiences!