“Amazing Views and Great Restaurant and Great Coffee shop” 4 of 5 stars

The Westin Resort Guam
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   105 Gun Beach Road, Tumon, Guam 96911, Mariana Islands   |
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Tumon
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Amazing Views and Great Restaurant and Great Coffee shop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

This is a great hotel. It is a little bit less luxurious than the Hyatt but the hotel has an excellent lobby with one of the better coffee shops and pastry shop on the island. The lobby is very peaceful (most of the time) and one of the best reasons why the coffee shop is so great is because you can look out into the ocean. I used to leave my room when there was light and head down there to sit with my Kindle, grab a cup of Joe and often stare out into the ocean--what a view, I wish I was there right now! Hotel room was OK, I got a room on the fifth floor and at times did hear noise from the folks coming and going from the elevators. Some of the quirks that prevented me from giving it an excellent: The room is superficially clean. I dropped something behind the night table and could not believe how dirty it was back there and so I decided to check behind some of the other furniture and it was really dirty. I hope it was just that room and that the others are clean. No daily newspaper is given and they charge one of the more expensive rates in Guam. They put ONE newspaper near the elevator around 0500 and that is it, I got it one day out of my 14 day stay but that was it. My biggest gripe was the bus that showed up at 0400 every darn day to pick up the Japanese to go to the Airport. It can make the turn without backing up and it has the back up alarm that woke me up every day! So do not get a room in the lower floors that faces the lobby! Back to positives--the gym has really nice equipment but there is an issue with the lights. This is a great location if you want to go and drink it is located near the northern end of the Tumon strip and if you are into it is located near a couple of strip bars like Club USA, Foxy something and another one across the street whose name escapes me. The restaurants in the sub floors are some of the best in Guam hands down and while they are more expensive than the prices in the USA they are cheaper than some of the other restaurants in Guam and the service and food are almost the same. There is an excellent Korean place as soon as you come out of the hotel on the first building to your right---well worth it if you are adventurous you cook your meat right on a little grill in the middle of the table. Overall, The Westin is a great hotel.

Room Tip: Lower floors are noisier and I noticed they like to fill them first. If your room faces the lobby a...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Guamwestin, Team Leader at The Westin Resort Guam, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Hafa Adai jocampo! Thank you ever so much for sharing such wonderful compliments about our resort. We are thrilled to know that you feel our resort to be a great hotel! We are sorry to hear however about the subpar cleaning in your room and the bus noise issue. We sincerely apologize for that and please be assured that this is not the norm of our standard. We understand how disappointing this must have been and we have shared your concerns with our Rooms Manager to look into for improvement. Thank you very much for bringing your experience to our attention. At the same time, it is great to hear that you did enjoy our coffee shop, our WestinWORKOUT Gym, as well as our Taste and Prego restaurants! Our team of associates feels a great sense of pride and takes a great deal of personal satisfaction from surpassing our guests’ expectations through their every day work. This generous feedback from a seasoned traveler like yourself is a true testimony on our team’s diligent efforts. Thank you again for taking the time to review us, for your very kind words, and for choosing The Westin Resort Guam. Until next time, be well! With warmest regards, The Westin Resort Guam.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Manama, Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

It was our first time to visit Guam, and was a hard job choosing a hotel. The Westin is almost the last hotel on the Beach, but still walking distance to restaurants. Be prepared to climb a small hill on your way back from main street. With a full stomach, it can be challenging. Rooms we find a little small,beds are comfy and ours had a nice view to the beach. Hotel has own Starbuck Coffee Shop in the Lobby, other choices for dining.
Make sure you visit the Magic Rocks Theather inside the hotel. Great show.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
BAL650, Manager at The Westin Resort Guam, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Hafa Adai Pezerella_2011, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and particularly the Magic Rocks show that continues to receive excellent reviews. It is our desire to make our guests feel welcome and to create memorable experiences. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Guam. Best regards from the Westin Resort Guam.
Guest Experience Team, Team Leader at the Westin Resort Guam
Khabarovsk, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

This was my first experience of visiting Guam and I'm happy I chose Westin, This hotel is quite new, secluded from the most of Tumon hotels by a small cliff. The beach itself is very clean, the sand is white and the ocean's crystal. The staff is friendly, the room is neat. As I was at the Royal Beach Club guest I used the 21st floor lounge for breakfast. So that appeared to be a disappointing moment. food and service wasn't premium as I could expect, it was ok. The buffet was poor, manly consisted of japanese food (well I like it but not for breakfast). Guests were always lack of something (spoons, glasses, teabags) so you had to ask a waiter to go & get it. That was extremely surprising as I consider restaurant service in US the best in the world. But except this the impressions of the visit and the hotel are great. If I visit Guam again I'll stay at Westin but not as a Royal Beach Club guest.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Guamwestin, Team Leader at The Westin Resort Guam, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Hafa Adai SmallUniverse! Thank you for rating us 4 out of 5 points and taking the time to share such wonderful words about your recent stay with us. We are really delighted to know that you found our resort to be great and you are happy that you have chosen Westin to be your choice of accommodation while on Guam. Most of all, thank you for commending our nice guestrooms and our friendly staff. It means a lot to our team and they would like to join me in thanking you for your gracious compliments as they do take great pride in delivering an exceptional experience for every guest.

We are so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your Royal Beach Club breakfast experience. We have informed our management about the issues you encountered; it certainly isn't characteristic of our service level, and we will be looking into this in detail. We appreciate you letting us know.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback and we are so pleased that you had such a lovely time with us. We can't wait for you to visit us again! Until next time, best regards from all of us at The Westin Resort Guam.
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We had a great stay at the Westin Resort Guam! It was 10 minutes to everything! It was near a church, department stores, ABC Stores, restaurants, it has a beach front and pool and more importantly, it was near the Duty Free Shop (DFS)! Haha! They also have rooms with a very nice view of the beach. Their dinner buffet spread had a wide variety especially with seafood and they had a band which seranaded us with the "island" style of music. It has it's own chapel which can accommodate weddings, it's a nice family place and even for honeymooners. I want to go back! (",)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Guamwestin, Team Leader at The Westin Resort Guam, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Hafa Adai Engr_Gaps and thank you for your wonderful compliments about your recent stay with us. We are simply thrilled that you so enjoyed our excellent location with close vicinity to all major shopping, entertainment and restaurants right in the center of Tumon. Thank you also for mentioning our nice guestrooms and the sumptuous buffet offered by our signature restaurant. We cannot wait for your return and we thank you ever so much for your recommendation. Until next time, best regards from all of us at The Westin Resort Guam!
Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed for two nights at The Westin Resort Guam. We booked the royal beach club partial ocean view twin room with breakfast. Checking in would have been perfect if they told us that because we booked the royal beach club room we checked in on the 21st floor. As we weren't told this we queued at the normal check-in counter only to be told that i was to go straight ahead to the 21st floor. Once we arrived at the right check-in counter, James took care of us efficiently and with good manners.

Our room was on the 20th floor, clean, spacious, two queen beds, adequate amenities, bath tub, shower cubicle and high-tech toilet. Bad points being small balcony and one of the light bulbs was out.

After settling in, we went to book a cabana down by the beach at the Royal Beach Club concierge on the 21st floor, only to be told that it was fully booked. I do not know if it was already fully booked when we checked in but James neglected to tell us how popular they are when we checked in. Not deterred we went down to check out the pool and the beach. The pool was adequate although we got bitten by mosquitoes. The beach is as expected and safe for children with no waves. The pool bar food and cocktails was average and nothing caught our eyes so we saved our appetite for dinner.

Went to check out the cocktail time at the club lounge on the 21st floor. Not enough seats and very very noisy kids running around (not the hotel's fault but perhaps a little word to their parents from the staff may come useful rather than guests staring at each other in disbelief)

Went to Prego, their in-hotel italian restaurant for dinner. Good service, good food, good portion.

Back in our room for relaxation. The noise from outside down below from the street was disturbing. I do not know if this is everynight but music coming from somewhere travelled right into our room.

Morning came with the sound of alrm clock set by our previous guest, obviously showing the need to train house keeping a little bit more. We went to eat our breakfast. Egg chef counter, choice of western and oriental breakfast. Good selection. No complaints.

Spent another relaxing day at the pool/beach area, this time with our pre-booked cabana. We kind of expected waiter service at the cabana but no one came to check us. In fact there was so many empty cabanas that we were slightly worried in the security front.

Dinner at ISSHIN the in-hotel Japanese restaurant. Very good quality and recommended more in comparison to Prego. After dinner cocktails at On The Rocks bar, which is actually managed bby the owner of ISSHIN. Good cocktails and quiet adult atmosphere.

Checking out was smooth and fast, as they slipped an estimate bill under the door the night before so we could check if anything was wrong before hand.

All in all a pleasant 2 nights stay. Smoking policy meant that we couldn't even smoke on the balcony but we can understand the no-smoker's views on this.

I have nothing spectacularly bad to say about this hotel, but there is a reason behind my lack of excitement within this review. We expected more from a Westin. More magic. More Wow factor. Nothing wrong with the place but one sandwich short of a Westin picnic.

I have now stayed at the Hilton, Sheraton and the Westin on Guam. My personal choice with value for money in mind would be the Hilton, if we were to come back again. Then second place would be Sheraton and sadly in third place the Westin.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Hafa Adai fortysomethingmale!
Thank you for your feedback. We are always grateful for the opportunity to hear from our guests and appreciate the time you took to write this thorough review of your experience with us. We sincerely appreciate your commendation of our clean and spacious room, the beautifully tranquil strip of Tumon beach for which our guests are privileged to enjoy, and our Food & Beverage venues Prego , Taste, Issin and On the Rocks. Most of all, we thank you for mentioning James by name. We have passed along your kind words and thank you for the opportunity to recognize outstanding work.
While we are happy to hear of the many positive areas about our resort, we are certainly quite concerned on some of your experiences during the stay that didn’t meet your expectations. Your feedback is important to us and we have brought your concerns to management attention. The management team is looking into the areas mentioned and plans for improvement are being addressed . For example, the Rooms Division has since initiated a series of enhancement projects for the Royal Beach Club. We are very delighted to share this as a testament to let you know that we are always listening and appreciate all comments so that we can continue to elevate our standards of excellence.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to review your stay and wish you safe travels for the future! Should your travel plans bring you back to Guam, we hope we will have the chance to welcome you again. Until then, Be well! With best regards, The Westin Resort Guam.
seoul
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

My room wasn't made when I checked in. They gave me a different room.
There was no guide about the hotel on what's where such as restaurants, business center, gym, spa, etc. No TV channel guide.
The steak sandwich I ordered for room service came with raw onions inside when it was supposed to be onion marmalade.
The yogurt berry compote w/ banana was missing berry compote when it reached my room. The waiter had to go fetch it from the kitchen.
No one comes to pick up the tray. They advised me to just leave it outside the door.
Found a cockroach crawling in the middle of the night.
Seriously, it can't get any worse. Something's really wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Guamwestin, Team Leader at The Westin Resort Guam, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Hafa Adai yp88! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are always listening and are very appreciative of guest comments. We thank you for the time you took to inform us of your experience. It is certainly a regret to hear that you left feeling our resort didn't live up to your expectation. Guest satisfaction is our main priority and we are very sorry that we fell short of that with you. Most of all, we are very sorry to hear about the unfortunate experience of finding a pest in your room. While cockroaches are common in our tropical environment, they are most certainly not common in our resort and we are absolutely horrified that you had to encounter one. We take this matter seriously and while we did not come across any others in our inspection, we have since fumigated our guest rooms and performed extensive carpet conditioning. Once again, we sincerely apologize that you had to encounter this uncommon occurrence.
Thank you for your mention of our hotel guide - it raised a very valid point that there may in fact be a lack of clarity on where to locate our hotel guide. We are currently initiating an in-room note card to communicate to guests about the hotel’s comprehensive e-compendium on the TV channel. We hope this will help ensure a better overall experience for our valued guests. And, thank you for bringing to our attention of our lacking in consistency with our in-room dining service. We have alerted the management to look into the areas mentioned and rest assured that corrective action is being addressed. We sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered and any inconveniences you may have experienced. We just want you to know that we really appreciate your candid feedback. It is our sincere hope that you will allow us an opportunity to welcome you back in the future. Until then, be well. The Westin Resort Guam.
Yokosuka, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Living in colder weather in Japan, Guam was our pick for spring break for grandchildren 7 & 9. We spent two nights at Westin and two nights at Pacific Islands Club, which everyone calls PIC. WESTIN is a beautiful, luxury hotel with very nice rooms: comfortable, pillow-top beds; turn-down service at night with 2 bottles of water and a bucket of ice; balcony view; fast elevators and better than average breakfast buffet food. Other positives: $3.00 valet car service; big swimming pools; 2 hot tubs although one is usually too cool to qualify as "hot tub;"white sandy beach and bay swimming area is a good place for young ones to snorkel as there are not the swift tidal currents like at PIC. The beautiful-to-look-at beaches in Guam were a disappointment in general as they are littered with coral reef rocks and it's hard to walk in the shallows without foot gear. THE NEGATIVES: No airport service so it is best to rent a car; most visitors to the hotel are from Japan, Korea and China where smoking is more acceptable and the hotel allows smoking on the beach which is annoying; if you don't buy "the package" of all meals included, it is quite expensive to feed yourself at the hotel. After I got to PIC I realized how comfortable the Westin is, in comparison.

Room Tip: I had room 1619 with a more south view which looked out to a rather moldy local hotel, but I could s...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Hafa Adai Jo Ann V! Thank you for rating us 4 out of 5 points! We greatly appreciate your compliments about our well appointed guestrooms, the world-renowned Heavenly Bed, complete turn-down service, fast elevators which a lot of our guests also shared their compliments upon, the nice balcony view and our sumptuous breakfast buffet. We are also pleased to hear that you so enjoyed our valet service, our swimming pools and most of all, the gorgeous stretch of white sandy beach and the calm water we are so privileged to enjoy. We value your feedback on the other mentioned areas and have passed along the information to the management to review. We are sure that the issues will be addressed accordingly. Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay and thank you again for your compliments. It is certainly encouraging to know you feel that we are a very comfortable hotel in comparison to other property in Tumon! We surely hope to welcome you and your grand children back in the not too distant future. Until then, be well. The Westin Resort Guam.

Been to The Westin Resort Guam? Share your experiences!