“great for families” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Tumon
Carmel, Indiana
“great for families”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I have stayed at several of the Hilton resorts and this is much like the others. The waterslide and pools are clean and inviting. The property is somewhat dated but clean and in a beautiful setting. I am here on business but the travel from the Eastern time zone is a bear, thanks to business elite it was tolerable. If you are traveling with kids i would recommend someplace closer to the mainland. If you are traveling this far,make it someplace with more things to do. The snorkeling and lagoon are magnificent but there are not a lot of great things to do or visit on the Island itself.

Room Tip: Oceanside views are worth the little extra.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Johnny L, Manager at Hilton Guam Resort, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear SudsDrinker,

Greetings from Hilton Guam!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel. As a hotel brand that is constantly striving to improve our services, we read our reviews closely and share your feedback with the whole hotel so we can see that our close attention to detail and great customer service pays off. I am happy that you and your family had a great time using our swimming pool and our beach activities.

There are many things you can do on Guam as a family. Hilton Guam recently included a Zipline. The Zipline is a great family activity and it is exciting for all ages. Zip through our Trees and experience our cliff side ocean views. You can literally smell the summer breeze as you fly through the reigns of excitement.

Aside from this activity, I also recommend all the other family activities on TripAdvisor.

Please feel free to contact myself directly via the below details if you are travelling
to Guam again so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay.

Thank you so much.

Have a wonderful day.

Best Regards,

Johnny

Email: Johnny.Lee@Hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We recently went to Guam to have a little vacation from Japan. I used my husbands points and we stayed at the Hilton Resort in Guam (Tasi Room) I picked this because it seemed to be a premier room with cocktail hour and breakfast. It had an ocean view too, how could I go wrong. Well it did and in a big way. First the Tasi rooms interior are very nice and has an ocean view, but that is it. We were in the atrium area, so when they set up for the "Continental Breakfast" we could here them every morning at 6am....which is when we woke up. Then could hear everyone getting food and talking. We were on the 3rd floor, but that sound really carried in the open atrium. Then the spa is closed and they are working on it just below outside our balcony, so we could here the workers talking/cussing and even smoking. Last the cocktail hour, really was unprofessional with 2 young guys running it. Cheap beer and wine, with a plate of snacks brought out only after asking them to do so. I felt like this was a Hampton Inn the whole time we were there and thankfully was only 3 nights. Stay in the Exec. Club area, you will be much happier with the area in hotel, room, breakfast and cocktail hour. DO NOT WASTE MONEY OR TIME ON TASI ROOM!! Not worth the money, I have send emails regarding my thoughts to Hilton and spoke with the manager while there, they have a long way to go on fixing the problems.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sunnylooker,

Greetings from Hilton Guam Resort & Spa!

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay at Tasi Club was not up to your expectations.

I would like to apologize on behalf our hotel and its team for your stay.
Our standard procedure in this event would be to offer a quieter room to you on a different floor away from our Tasi Club Spa renovation.

The lack of professionalism with our Tasi Club staff member and our renovation team with regards to your comments is certainly not typical, and I will be sure to raise your experience with our entire Tasi Club service team as a training exercise.

I am pleased that your stay within our rooms was memorable and you enjoyed the ocean view rooms that Tasi Club Provides. You may also be interested to learn that just this week we have finished a full reconstruction of our new Spa at Tasi Club. I would take pleasure in welcoming you back so that you could experience Hilton Guam as it was meant to be.

Please feel free to contact myself directly when you visit Hilton Guam again so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay.

Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that
the remainder of your trip to Guam was memorable.

Best Regards,

Johnny
Tokyo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed with my husband for 3 nights during Oct.20 thru 23. Overall it was good experience and we are happy to return if service level get better because we had problem with Internet access, phone line, and in-room dining.
Our room was on 6th floor in the main tower facing to ocean. Room looked tired especially bathtub but acceptable. It has enough space to spread out our belongings.
We had snacks at pool bar (good & reasonable) and breakfast at main dining (expensive and bad selection), and in room dining.

The hotel is located end of Tumon. If you are looking for convenient location this is not place for you. We rented car, so had no issue.

I used to lived in Hawaii and Los Angeles (Santa Monica), and traveled a lot to asia beach resort, so I am spoiled, but I think service level in Guam is below average.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I've stayed here twice and it's a good hotel,very clean and staff is awesome,the rooms are a little far from the front but who want to be near the noise,the poolside bar is nice and the drinks are good too,definitely recommend..

Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Taguig City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Absolutely enjoyed my stay here at Hilton Guam with a group. Their staff was very friendly and helpful all throughout. Probably one of the best I've met, too! Stayed here for about 5 nights. Though it is quite far from where all the malls and shops are, there's a red Guahan shuttle station right at the entrance of the hotel which is very convenient. Just 10 minutes away from the airport and costs about 10-20USD a pop for a transfer.

Their rooms were also very spacious and always clean. They offer complimentary water, though they sadly charge for internet. Their breakfast was also great! Albeit almost the same everyday. The queue gets quite long too if you get caught in the middle of all the groups that checked in. It was also very convenient to have some shops next to the lobby, so if you're needing an extra luggage after all the shopping, they're selling Rimowa bags too!

It was a pleasant stay overall. Would be happy to stay here again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Guam, Mariana Islands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Pros:
Good space layout
Clean bathroom
Good view-- despite the fact that we didn't get the ocean view
Good buffet and restaurants selection
Friendly staff-- but they seem to be friendlier to non-locals.
Good sized gym
Easy beach access

Cons:
Bed was quite hard-- but not as hard as the Guam's Hyatt.
Nice, but quite small pool area
Stained/'molded' in the shower area

My husband and I stayed in the Hilton for a little get away, and I must admit its worth going back! Hilton always addresses our concerns ASAP; staff are always friendly and a great resource for information. The buffet food is not as extensive as I would prefer, never the less they deliver a decent amount of variety for everyone to enjoy.

Room Tip: If you prefer budgeted selection of food, GPO, Ruby Tuesday, King's, Chilli's, KFC, ect. are...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

A great time had by all, we did start out in two rooms on the fourth floor that had fairly average veiws; we had requested interconnecting rooms that were facilitated later in the day...oh boy what a difference this made our 10th floor rooms had the most magnificent veiws of the bay and with these wonderful balconies we were able to toast in the evening enjoying the sights smells and beauty of the Guam evening; great during the day too but found that better spent exploring the island sites; shopping, beach and the pool-loved that water slide!
We enjoyed room service breakfasts of bacon eggs etc for $35 for the three of us and with our own cups of tea you could not beat the ambience in a days march; fabulous (do remember to ask for your condiments and water as waiting for these to come does affect the heat of your eggs!)
The beach is beautiful but dare I say it does seam a bit polluted with obvious algea bloom.
Had a lovely sunday champagne brunch and enjoyed good meals at the island bar restaurant.
Yes it is a little older but still very comfy clean and the service overall is great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hilton Guam Resort? Share your experiences!