“Spacious Hotel Room” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Oceanview Hotel & Residences to your Saves list
Booking.com Expedia.com
Oceanview Hotel & Residences
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1433 Pale San Vitores Road, Tumon, Guam 96913, Mariana Islands   |
Ranked #12 of 19 hotels in Tumon
Valenzuela, Philippines
“Spacious Hotel Room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My friends and I stayed at Oceanview Hotel last November 22-25, 2012 for the Thanksgiving and Black Friday Sale. The hotel service is quite impressive. The resident Manager and hotel staff were all very helpful and accommodating. The big plus factor of the hotel is the provision of airport-hotel-airport transport service free of charge. In addition, the hotel allowed us to check-in upon our arrival at the hotel which was very early, 5AM. The hotel is actually a bit old but the rooms are quite spacious and clean. Ice maker is provided along the corridor outside our room. The room is provided with brewed coffee and coffee maker but there was no complimentary bottled water. On our second night, the room aircon unit did not function well, got a bit warmer. but we were able to sleep anyway. So we did not report this to the management.. I guess our aching body due to shopping spree helped a lot for us to sleep soundly. I know if we report the aircon incident to the management, this would surely be taken care of accordingly. With these minor deficiencies, we will stay at this hotel when we visit Guam again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

The staff are great and courteous. Round trip airport transfers were free. You can book a tour in the hotel on the day of your arrival for $75 and the tour guide will take you from end to end with all the historical spots explained clearly with a buffet lunch. If you need a driver to take you around on your "free days", the hotel driver can accommodate your pick-up and drop-off on all shopping centers for only $10 per head per day. Oh yeah, the rooms were big and clean. The bed is big enough too. Their local resto serves great Chamorro food. If you have tasted Filipino dishes, you will love it because it's just the same :)

Room Tip: call the hotel before your flight and tell them you want an "Ocean view"
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I booked this hotel via Expedia, the hotel is a 5 minute walk from the center of town the DFS Galleria and about 15 minutes from the airport. The rooms are a bit old, but quite spacious and clean. It has a small balcony , where you can get some really beautiful views. The staff are very helpful, I never had a problem with my stay. I did not try out the restaurant , so no comments on the food. There is a convenience store located near the lobby , where you could purchase basic amenities. Note that this is closed on sundays. The hotel provides free transportation to and from the airport . This lhotel is located on a small hill, where if you have a problem walking, it could be a bit tiresome, otherwise its a great way to burn of some fat after a good meal in the TGIF nearby. The Guam 'trolleys' ( shopping buses ) do not stop at this location. These trolleys are a great way to get around the island, stopping at most of the malls and hotels , for USD 8.00 , you could ride around for a week.

Room Tip: Try to get a room getting a clear view of the ocean.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

My family stayed in this hotel from Nov. 19-22, 2011. It is a nice hotel talking of value for money. We were accommodated at Room 331& 333 but when the manager Mr. Ruben Rafael knew that we are a family he offered room 709 a Condo Unit so we can be together in one big room. Hospitality at its best. We enjoyed our stay in Oceanview that it would be a disservice to the hotel staff without acknowledging their special hospitality. Hence our special thanks to the manager Mr. Ruben Rafael and his staff Ms. Minda on the front desk and the housekeeping section who went out of their way to accommodate our requests. Very near the shopping strip and literally a good view of the ocean. Very nice place and will stay with this hotel again.

Room Tip: Condo Unit has an excellent view of the ocean and ideal for the family
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

It was my 3rd trip to Guam. (first time: can't remember, second: PIC)

This time, I stayed there for 2 nights (1 night each) before/after staying in Nikko Guam (refer to my review on Nikko)

I didn't want to waste my money on "sleeping only" or "waiting only" and was looking for some hotels with reasonable price before(and after) I stayed at Nikko.

My flight schdule: arrived Guam at 2a.m. and departed at 4:30 a.m. (Sucks!)

I chose this hotel for 2 reasons.
1) easy access to Tumon shopping area (for my wife lol)
2) reasonable price

Wow. The staffs are all welcoming and very very friendly and willing to do anything to help their customers.

When I checked out and moved to Nikko after "sleeping only", there was no taxi available in Guam (thanks to US NAVY)and they provided me a transportation service to Nikko with no extra charge.

As I mentioned above, my departure time was 4:30 a.m. and I moved back to Oceanview after 4 nights in Nikko.

The staff at the front desk recognized me and didn't even asked for my name again.

Again, I was very satisified with their service.

Even though the facilities are kinda old and aged, their service level is way higher than that of Nikko.

Easy access to Tumon shopping area (just 5-10 mins by walk)
Easy access to beach (same as above)
Internet service available
Breakfast available
OCEAN VIEW available and it's great!
Service: priceless!

If you don't want to spend too much money on choosing a hotel, this is the perfect place.

Oh yes, I would like to enjoy staying in Oceanview again.

Sorry, no photo available, but there are many photos available on the Internet. Do your homework. :)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Redwood City, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

We had an extended stay at the Bayview and Oceanview Hotels. The hotel staff was wonderfully attentive, and special kudos to manager Ruben Rafael, who went out of his way to accommodate our family. We found the laundry and free internet to be helpful, and the condo facitilities were comfortable and spacious. Parking is free. We will definitely return, and we will cheerfully recommend these hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view, or a room near the pool.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Osaka, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

I stayed at this hotel with boy friend.
We impressed and thanked their hospitality.
We could spend precious time there.
One day during our stay coincide with my boyfriend's birthday.
So hotel presented a nice gift for him.

And, the sunset view was also so beautiful!!
There is no obstrution of sunset because hotel is lacated on the upslope,

When I visit to Guam again, I would like to stay there.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Oceanview Hotel & Residences? Share your experiences!