“Showing its age but location can't be beat” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Outrigger Guam Resort

You added Outrigger Guam Resort to your Saves list
Outrigger Guam Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1255 Pale San Vitores Rd, Tumon, Guam 96913, Mariana Islands   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now & Save Up To 31%
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Tumon
“Showing its age but location can't be beat”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

If staying on Guam, there's no better place to stay than down in Tumon, as it is the main tourist area and the best shopping and restaurants are down there. Sitting directly on the beach, the Outrigger enjoys a prime location in the heart of Tumon with the Hard Rock Cafe in the building as well as shopping and walking distance to everything you need. With that said, the rooms themselves are adequate at best and look like they haven't been updated since the place was built over 10 years ago. This generally isn't an issue for travelers to Guam, because the majority are Japanese and Korean package tourists who blow into town for a few days and don't spend much time in their rooms other than to sleep. The rooms were functional though - had free WiFi, and all rooms have ocean views and a very small balcony. The beach out back is clean and not very crowded; however, the hotel doesn't own the beach (it is not private) and the beach concessions (umbrellas, chairs, etc.) are run by a private company so you have to pay for the umbrellas and chairs. This is unusual for a beach destination, as normally the hotel provides these items, but this is typical on Guam and I believe all the hotels in Tumon are like this. Just the same, there are nicer hotels like the Westin and Hyatt on each side of the Outrigger but for double the price, if all you're looking for is nice hotel in a great location to sleep, Outrigger fits the bill. Breakfast wasn't included in the low rate I got, so I can't comment on that or any of the food there. Great restaurants abound in that area so best to venture outside the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Barrigada, Mariana Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My family & I had a lovely weekend stay at Outrigger. My children enjoyed the pool, the beautiful beach right outside of the hotel and the food most especially. They couldn’t wait to eat the whole time we were there. I love the location & all the stores nearby. I never drove my vehicle since I got there and I never went too far for anything. The staff throughout the hotel were so friendly and constantly greeted us with a Hafa Adai, Good Morning, Good Afternoon & Good Evening. An employee asked us how we were enjoying the pool (who didn’t work at the pool area)… the lifeguard complimented us in a way that just made my day… and the waiters in the Palm Café were just awesome & energetic. These little things really mean a lot to me.

I didn’t wait too long for the extra towels I requested and the room was just right. Not to mention the Wi-Fi connection throughout the whole hotel. Being a local, I was really impressed. This may have been the 1st completely satisfying experience in my adult life at a local hotel.

My #1 choice for splurging for breakfast, lunch or dinner buffets is now the Palm Cafe at the Outrigger!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
OutriggerGuamResort, Manager at Outrigger Guam Resort, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear H Naomi C:

Thank you for sharing your experiences. We appreciate the encouraging feedback on our staff, facilities, and services.

We wish you a pleasant holiday season and look forward to your next "stay-cation" with us!

Take care and warmest regards,

Janet Shmull
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is less than 10 minutes from the airport. Taxis are available at the left side as you exit customs. We rode a minivan taxi from/to the airport. It was metered and cost USD21.80 but gave USD25.00. I later found out that the most common/reliable taxi is Miki Taxi which had a taxi stand at the hotel/airport. They charge a flat rate to/from the airport depending on the location of the hotel plus USD1.00/bag. For this hotel, it was USD20.00 plus USD2.00 for 2 bags. Tipping is up to you.

I had 2 minor issues when we checked-in. First, we arrived at 2pm but told to come back at 3pm (check-in time) even if i said that i had kids who wanted to rest. Second, i requested an even numbered room, as suggested by a reviewer, but was given an odd numbered room. I was told that they were full and that i try the next day but we did not bother as it meant to unpack and pack again. I later found out from the room attendant that they were not full at all. I felt somewhat discriminated. I previously stayed with this group's properties in Hawaii and never had this experience. But we did not let this spoil our Guam Family Vacation.

The room was dated but still acceptable. There were 2 queen-sized beds, a roomy bathroom, ref, and other standard amenities. Wifi was bad. The beach in front of the hotel has less coral than other beachfront hotels along Tumon bay. The sand is ivory-colored and hardly any waves as there were natural barrier reefs further out to sea. It was also not deep/cold so its good for the kids. They do have swimming pools but i think is needs remodeling to make it more appealing. They have a gym but it was rather small/cramped and located in an area leading to the beach providing limited privacy. There are many restaurants/shops within walking distance.

Taxis are expensive. Instead, use the popular Red Guahan Shuttle for trips to other hotels, malls, tourist attractions, etc. They have a counter at the G/F right side of the Duty Free Galleria just across the hotel. Other land tours from other operators can also be arranged here.

If we go back to Guam, we will try the other hotels nearby such as the Hyatt, Westin or the soon to open Dusit. But i do agree that all the rooms in this hotel have full/partial views of the beach/sea.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Dear TonyHyndman ,

Hafa Adai! Thank you for sharing experiences of your recent stay at the Outrigger Guam Beach Resort. I appreciate your comments and feedback regarding our facilities and services you have received. We value your comments, both the positive and the negative, it gives us an opportunity to review where we are doing well and where we need to improve. We would love to have an opportunity to have you as our guest again in the future if your travels bring you back to Guam.
Thank you once again for taking the time to share your valuable comments and information.

Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First time staying in Outrigger and I would have to say my experience there was amazing. We stayed on the 15F and the view from our room was breath taking. The rooms were very clean and spacious; the location was right in the center of where all the shopping areas are. Everything was very convenient and didn’t have any problem with transportation what so ever. As much as I enjoyed the stay there, there were some things that bothered me. First, the Wi-Fi in the room was extremely spotty. Sometimes I would get connected and other times, no connection at all and same with the lobby Wi-Fi. Another concern was housekeeping where we’ve specifically requested to have our rooms cleaned in the morning but when we returned to the room in the afternoon there room untouched and we had to call again and go out again to have our rooms cleaned. Just a slight hiccup but the staffs were friendly and they had a pretty good bar (bamboo bar) in the hotel. I would love to stay with them when I’m back in Guam again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
OutriggerGuamResort, Manager at Outrigger Guam Resort, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear SMiaJ、

Hafa Adai! Thank you for sharing experiences of your stay at the Outrigger Guam Beach Resort. We value your comments, both positive and negative. It gives us an opportunity to review where we are doing well and areas where we need improvements. I have shared your comments and concerns with our team to address the issues.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We hope to have you as our guest again if your travels brings you back to the island.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2014

While there's nothing to sing praises about the Concierge, the slow and let-me-finish-my-chat-first service of the elderly porter in the night shift, everything is good. Guest services is very attentive and helpful. The spacious rooms make-up to the tiny balconies. Pool is great and beach front is well lighted at night. Hotel is very well located and connected to many shops plus the underwater world, you won't feel too stranded when it rains. Won't mind staying here all over again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear beckyliss ,

Hafa Adai! Thank you for sharing experiences of your recent stay at the Outrigger Guam Beach Resort. I appreciate your comments and feedback regarding our facilities and staff. I will certainly share your comments with concern departments.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Guam.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2014

Stayed 4 nights in the ocean front voyager club room on the 20th floor.
Hotel overall was really good; rooms were big, clean, comfortable, very friendly staff, pool was great, hotel location couldn`t be beat and the view from the room was fantastic.
My only criticism was the rooms looked a little `worn` in some areas.

The voyager cub access was brilliant - sunset cocktails and a very good buffet breakfast every day. The staff Lovejoy and Castro really did an amazing job in looking after us- thankyou so much!
I recommend anyone thinking about a club room that the extra cost is worth it.

We travelled with a 9mo baby and used the hotel airport shuttle, knowing we`d have suitcases, mothers bags, baby stroller, etc. With a young baby having al your luggage taken from the room to the airport front door made things a lot easier.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Dear damonm75

Thank you for selecting the Outrigger Guam Beach Resort as your home away from home and sharing the experiences of your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed our facilities and services, particularly at the Voyagers Club Lounge.
As for your comment in regards to the conditions of room, I will certainly address to improve them with my team.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We hope to have you and your family as our guests again if your travels brings you back to the island.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2014

The Outrigger is a nice hotel attached to a mall with many designer shops and boutiques. You can get the the aquarium from the lobby without having to go outside. The hotel itself is one of the nicest on Guam. The view of the bay is great from nearly every room. The thing I liked most about the Outrigger was the fact that it was located right in the middle of the main strip of the tourist area. There are many bars, restaurants and shops all within walking distance of the hotel. I would definitely recommend staying at the outrigger in Guam.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Dear GreatdaneR6,

Hafa Adai! Thank you for sharing the experiences of your last stay at the Outrigger Guam Beach Resort. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked location of the resort.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments. We look forward to having you back at the Outrigger Guam Beach Resort on your next visit to Guam.

Hotel Manager

Been to Outrigger Guam Resort? Share your experiences!