“I think this hotel is due for some renovations.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Resort & Spa Guam

You added Holiday Resort & Spa Guam to your Saves list
Holiday Resort & Spa Guam
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   881 Pale San Vitores Rd, Tumon, Guam 96911, Mariana Islands (Formerly Holiday Resort Guam)   |
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Tumon
muntinlupa,philippines
“I think this hotel is due for some renovations.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed in room 613 last Oct 28-31,2012. The moment you step out of the elevator heading towards your room you can tell that this hotel needs major renovations. The room is a large but a bit run-down.The chairs in the room are worn out and needs to be re upholstered. The TV is still the old ones and not the flat screen type . There was wifi connection in the room which was great.The staff in this hotel are all great and very helpful.
The beach is about 30 -45 seconds walk . Its a Public Beach and the hotel has no direct access to it.Breakfast was ok. The beach though was very clean and had no waves because of the natural reef blocking it.I got this hotel because of it was $85 dollars a night. Might opt outrigger next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We had a good experience with this place. Friendly and nice.
We had breakfast on the lobby fl for 17.50$ and it was ok. I wouldn't go everyday but it was a nice experience and good food.

Rooms were nice. View was okay.

They clean your room everyday and service was fast. I asked for extra towels and they were speedy.

Beach was a 2 min walk behind the hotel and it was amazing. Also the zoo is behind Holiday Resort.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Las Piñas, Rizal, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I found my stay in this hotel a great experience. The staff mostly Filipinos were friendly and accommodating. The place is near the shopping areas and the bus stops going to malls are just in the doorstep of the hotel. The rooms are clean, superb views from the balcony of the room and less than a minute walk to the beach. I will definitely come back and book this hotel in our next trip to Guam..

Room Tip: Choose a room with partial ocean view and full view of the tumon shopping areas.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights at Holiday Resort but paid for 5 nights in all due to additional whole day charge for early check-in at 6 AM. Our flight had a slight delay but still arrived at 5 AM. It was more expensive than their on-line rate of US$85.00 per night. The hotel charges early check-in rate of US$110.00 plus 11% tax if before 9 AM, after 9 AM charge is US$50.00 plus 11% tax. Regular check-in time is at 3 PM. Airport pick up is US$10.00 per person per way. Charges for WIFI also.
No complimentary drinking water, welcome drinking water on 1st day only.
Swimming pool is the size of a kiddie pool on the 5th floor.
Large room but no shampoos available on our 1st day, only conditioners. Bath tub is not very clean. Really flat pillows. Had to follow up on our request for extra pillows from front desk, since housekeeping forgot our request. It was delivered the next day only.
Disappointed with this hotel's service. Couldn't find anyone at the guest relations desk until our 3rd day. Over charged us US$11.00 on early check in, fortunately I noticed it on our last day. Had to present the email sent by their reservation desk just to prove to their front desk personnel, eventhough this was already confirmed upon our check-in by another front desk personnel then. Furthemore, the front desk personnel had the nerve to question why this wasn't brought to their attention upon check-in. Lesson here, always check & never assume.
THe zoo is just beside the hotel & it smells when we pass by going to the beach. No amenities on this nice beach.
Had complaints for this hotel from day 1. Not a 4 star Hotel at all.

Room Tip: Rooms have partial view of the ocean, but if you wish try getting an ocean view instead. I would...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Saipan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We went to Guam for a 2 day vacation to visit our family and we stayed at Holiday Resort. The place is good, the room was fine too. but there's no available internet connection. i tried to browse on my fone , there's a lot of wifi availabe but i cant connect. Connection is low. Then me and my family trying to extend our stay for not even a day due to delayed flight but they said we can't extend, were supposed to check out at @round 12pm but we just decided to leave the hotel @around 9am..im gonna try another place on my next visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Traveled solo and stayed here for 2 nights. The water was crystal clear and the beach was so flat and clean. Very good for swim with fish. My room was large. Good enough for the price. Overall a good value hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Overall, this hotel was a huge disappointment. I was on a short 3 day trip to Guam and I can safely say that this hotel ruined my Guam experience. The lobby is decent and the service isn't bad. However, I was disappointed upon entering my room. It was large, but there was little value. The entire room was very outdated. The lamps had dust, even on the switches, the clock did not function, and the bed was very uncomfortable (my back hurts). This was exacerbated by the fact that my room was closest to the elevator and I could hear people going in and out on the floor. (You can also hear people turning on/off water in other rooms.) If you get a room that is closest to the elevator, SWITCH because you won't be able to sleep. I sucked it up since I only stayed here for two nights (still regretting!).

The worst part was the bathroom. The bathtub had stains and the quality of the amenities were subpar. The shower head didn't even work properly. Honestly, I was exhausted at this point. Next day, the cleaning staff took a dollar that I left for tip and did not even make my bed. SIgh.

The breakfast is so-so but since it was complimentary, I won't complain about it. The only good thing about this hotel was having CPK downstairs. The staff there are very friendly. I'll be returning to Guam again in a couple of months and needless to say, I won't be returning to this resort.

Room Tip: Don't stay near the elevators--they are really loud.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Resort & Spa Guam? Share your experiences!