“Negative stars should be an option” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Tumon
Tamuning, Mariana Islands
“Negative stars should be an option”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2015

We are a local family and stayed at the Lotte Hotel for the weekend to attend a family wedding. The room AC was stuffy and hot, especially at night. The television did not work with the remote, and room service didn't bring an item that we requested after a few calls to front desk. We spent over a thousand dollars at their establishment for the "hot" room with a broken television, the restaurant, the shoe/slipper shop and snack shop (not including what we spent in their ballroom for the drinks). We finally had a chance to enjoy the pool after the wedding celebration, right before check-out time. Since we were all by the pool, a relative did us the favor of checking us out while we stayed at the pool. The lady at the "towel-station" discovered that we checked out when we went up to ask for an additional towel, to which our request was denied...they seem to be rationing their towels. This same "towel-lady" felt the need to approach my family and inform us "did you check out yet, because if you did, you can't stay at the pool, but I'll allow you to stay this time." On the contrary and unlike all the other establishments whose management/staff feel appreciative of our business and allow us to end our stay with a feeling of satisfaction, Lotte Hotel management was quick to approach my family at the pool with a SECURITY GUARD to escort us out of the pool area and off the premises as if we were criminals. The management said, "This is policy. When guests check out, they are no longer allowed to be on the premises." We left their establishment dripping wet after being embarrassed in front of all the other guests AND we were followed by the security guard ALL THE WAY TO THE PARKING LOT. The security guard did not move until after our car pulled out of the parking lot. To add insult to injury, it was my oldest son's birthday. All we wanted to do was to end our stay with a little swim and head off to our other plans for the day. Unfortunately, that wasn't allowed by Lotte Hotel's "Policy" and management. It is my mission to prevent other local families from going through this ordeal by informing them to avoid this hotel. I had a wonderful weekend at the wedding, but it was all ruined by the management and the lady at the towel-station. She was the individual who said that we could "stay by the pool this time" but then called her manager to inform her that we were guests who just checked out. Thank you for nothing and for wasting our hard-earned money Lotte Hotel!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2015

While in Guam, I stayed in several hotels and this was the best overall. It was a pleasant surprise, because there were many better known hotel chains in Guam such as Hilton, Hyatt and Westin. My tour guide told me this used to be Okura Hotel, which I am very familiar with as I stay there often; it is a premier hotel in Japan. This perhaps explains why the food here was so good - all Japanese dishes were perfectly done, including tempura and udon, which was highly unusual and totally unexpected for reasonably priced "all-you-can-eat" type buffet. The food selection was by no means far from extensive, but whatever they had was delicious. A good Japanese food is a rarity outside of Japan, and I was happy to have discovered one. The Korean dishes were all authentic as well, prepared by chefs sent from Korea. If you want the best Asian dishes in Guam, this is the hotel you should go.

The swimming pools were not big, but impeccable, complete with a hot jacuzzi. There was a private beach directly connected to the hotel as well, and one could see the Ypao Beach from there. Beachside and poolside cabanas were very nice, each eqipped with a refriegerator, a ceiling fan and a TV.

We stayed on the 18th floor with our friends, and the view from our room was stunning.

This is a newly renovated hotel. The hotel is not big, but seems very well managed in almost every way. Next time we visit Guam, we know where we will go. Highly recommended.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2015

Our family visit Guam on regular basis for vacation. We used to stay at PIC in the past mostly because our kids love the swimming pool with slides there. But on one occasion we decided to give this Lotte a try for a change.

We were pleasantly surprised. The 18th floor tower suite was impressive and gorgeous. Bath room was spacious and there were 3 large plasma panel TVs in total. Everything was immaculate, spanking clean.

Best part was the food. I love Japanese food, and this hotel offered some of the best authentic Japanese food outside of Japan. Dinner buffet was $40 per person ($20 for kids), and it had great sushi, tempura, udon and teppanyaki. Our kids loved them as well.

The swimming pool was not huge, but it had everything. The hotel has a beach as well, although not the best one for snorkeling. For the best snorkeling experience in Guam, you have to drive to certain locations anyway or join the cruise.

Overall, we were very impressed with this hotel and would certainly stay here the next time.

Stayed February 2015
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2015

Before my booking, I read some reviews that Lotte Hotel was newly renovated in mid 2014. Expecting to stay in an almost brand new hotel in January 2015, I am quite disappointing. Outside my room, it was an open-air corridor which looked so old like over 20-year government subsidized housing estate. Luckily, my trip was on sunny days. If it's raining, I must wear raincoat after getting out of the lift to my room. My room was of partial ocean view in the Island Wing. The room inside was so plain, mainly white colour. Well, nothing bad with this colour, but simply not deluxe at all. It's spacious with living area and bedroom separated. One bad thing was the bathroom door. I guess that the lower part of its fabrication has been under moisture for years that it flew out from the wood (almost an area of A4 paper). Though it was the lower back part inside the bathroom and probably won't hurt any user, it should NOT appear in a 5-star or even 4-star hotel.

The only one part I recommend in this hotel is the small tuck shop on the ground floor. The prices of most items there are almost the lowest out of other retail shops around the hotel street. We bought all our Guam chocolates and dried mango there, especially, the hotel provided a 10% off coupon in addition to the favourable prices. Next time if I visit Guam again, I'll go there to shop for the Guam chocolates again even if I don't stay at Lotte.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2015

I came to Guam from Philippines to visit my long time friends, and had a great experience at Lotte. The standard guestroom located at the Tower Wing was very spacious, clean, and had a spectacular view of the Tumon Bay. It is probably the best ocean view that I had, especially due to Lotte Hotel's great location that oversees Tumon.
The service was excellent and the staffs seem well trained; they attended to my needs and greeted me warmly when I passed the lobby.
Last but not least, La Seine buffet was the most tasty restaurant that I dined at while I was on Guam. You can enjoy some great dishes with unlimited beer, and some rhythmic music entertainment as well.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Request for higher floors at the Tower Wing. They have fantastic view. Furniture and all amenities a...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Ulaanbaatar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2015 via mobile

Good: the hotel is in good location near shopping malls. The pool is good. The buffet restaurant is ok. The room condition is ok.
Bad: the stuff even though friendly they are very untrained. They would constantly make mistakes in delivering room service, housekeeping will enter your room despite the DoNotDisturb sign, front desk kept calling me on some unimportant questions, etc. The Internet speed is very low. TV has no on demand videos or other services, they got only cable television. Room service is edible but not tasty. Room A/C doesn't blow cold at night. I think they turn it down at night to save power. I had trouble sleeping, it was very stuffy. Overall not happy with my stay and won't stay in this hotel again.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Bowie, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2014 via mobile

I just spent a night at this hotel in between flight connections. It is a perfectly good hotel with friendly and helpful staff. The room accommodation I selected, an ocean front double, was spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was particularly nice, with both a tub and a separate, enclosed rain shower. The hotel serves a nice buffet breakfast and daily themed buffet lunches. It is close to airport and most Tumon tourist attractions. While I did not use the pool, the latter is very large and lovely.

I would have given the hotel a higher rating, but at 5 star prices, one expects more. And the 'more' was just not there, and perhaps can't be found in what is essentially a Japanese Winter get-away island with extensive international stop overs. If one fines oneself in Guam, for whatever reason, the Lotte Hotel is a good choice. But other than being stuck with a 17 hour connection, as I was, why go to Guam in the first place?

Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Been to Lotte Hotel Guam? Share your experiences!