“Not up to standard” 3 of 5 stars

You added Lotte Hotel Guam to your Saves list
Lotte Hotel Guam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   185 Gun Beach Road, Tumon, Guam 96913, Mariana Islands   |
Announcement
Room avail for new year!
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Tumon
Montreal, Canada
“Not up to standard”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The Lotte Guam is not up to the high standards you'd expect in Korea. The good thing about it is that it's been renovated and facilities (carpets, beds, linen, Etchepare. are new). Bad things: some design features are hard to understand: why are the shower taps places so low...so low you almost have to kneel down! And the shower is at eye level...?). Why do you have to pay to sit at a chair on the beach... At a beach hotel? Why are the employees bowing? ... I guess it's because it's a Korean chain... But we are not in Korea and it looks fake. Why do employees give you "canned" answers.... I guess because they follow strictly the script (this is a Korean note...) why can't you get tropical fruits in a tropical location (cantaloupes... and grapes!). Why are the hotel grounds so dirty?

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed in Lotte for 3 days and lived in Club room. The room is not exactly a new one. More precisely, it was furnished. The staffs were friendly and helpful. The pool area was a nice place to stay and relax; the meals & cocktails provided in this area were not expensive and worth to try.
However, there're two drawbacks:
First, the room was not soundproofed well. You can hear lots of noise crossing into the room from outside; especially when your neighbors slammed the door.
Second, regarding to the breakfast buffet on the club lounge, although all the foods & drinks should be available until 10 am, the staffs stopped to fill the drinks after 9 am. So everyone just can't have any drinks after that time; such thing happening in a 5-star hotel is quite unacceptable.

Room Tip: The view of club room in island wing is amazing.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel has recently been renovated and the room (in the Tower Wing) was modern and clean. Hotel staff were all very friendly and efficient, and the view is absolutely stunning - looking down the beach. I had a Club Lounge room - the Club Lounge is spacious and well set out with a good breakfast and a pretty good happy hour.

Room Tip: The Ocean View side is worth paying for.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Guam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed in the club floor. The rooms are very spacious! Nice comfy beds and the balcony view for the ocean is amazing! The view of the Tumon Bay is the best from this hotel.

My son and husband swam in the pool until the evening time. The pool closes at 8pm, it should close later. The pool is very nice although a bit small. I love the private cabanas for rent.

I took my baby to the playroom and it was very clean and hygenic. There is nothing scarier than bringing your infant to an unsanitized playroom but as soon as you walk in you can see how tidy and clean everything is.

I loved the club lounge the most. This is the biggest club lounge I have ever been to! It's one entire floor where you can just relax and watch the sunset.

It's was a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Get the ocean view rooms for the best views.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Agana, Mariana Islands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

Checked in for 2 days to attend a family wedding. I have limited mobility, so for those who find it difficult to walk long distances, "you be the judge"; this place is not accommodating. The disabled parking is located about 100 feet away from the check-in counters. After checking in, I had to walk another 100 feet just to use the elevator to get to my room. Now is when the adventure begins. The room was warm so I tried to change the thermostat without success; it stayed at 25ºC(77ºF), too warm for a room in Guam.

I walked over to open the balcony doors and found wooden panels with horizontal slats instead of Drapes; imagine the weight of these panels. One slipped off it's mount so this was also reported to the front desk; strange that the hotel staff regarded this a a normal occurrence, Hmmm mm! The bathroom was nice, if you like Glass. Caution, no railings in the shower and toilet (my guess is because of the glass).

Because the escalator down to the ballroom was not working, I had to walk back to where I parked and took the elevator down; guess what, I had to technically double back just to get to the ballroom. After my "therapy" walk, we enjoyed the reception; however I dreaded the walk back to the room. The food was good, wait staff on the ball, nothing to report here and the escalator was working. Just an FYI, I asked one of the hotel staff if the escalator could change directions, a definite "No" was the answer.

Now you Ladies know very well that if you are inconvenienced or made uncomfortable, nothing in the way of explanations will help, My wife was so upset because she was made to sleep in a warm room and was not feeling well. Suffice it to say, we checked out with negative experiences and she is now nursing a cold.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Sales and Marke... A, Sales & Marketing Admin at Lotte Hotel Guam, responded to this review, November 16, 2014
Dear DJPerez ,

We apologize for your recent experience. We strive continuously to improve our levels of service and have noted the details of your review.
Here at Lotte we are committed to deliver the best possible experience to all our guests. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you may have experienced during your stay.
We are still in the process of upgrading several areas of our hotel. We also do our best to keep up with routine maintenance throughout our property. We have taken note of your review and will use it to help us better serve all our guests.

Lotte Hotel Guam Management Team
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

Lotte is known for its extravagance. Their buffet is just amazing. Workers are ready to customize your sushi roll or make you a hot and crispy pizza. Watch out though. Their buffet menu changes on a daily basis. Local discount available, too. =)

The hotel? I'm sure it's just as amazing. Truth be told, the prices are also amazingly expensive for a couple trying to do it all. We visited this hotel just to remind us what we're shooting for in the next 5 years. =)

Lotte chose a prime location for their hotel. The sunset is just breath taking (see photos for evidence).

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Tamuning, null, Guam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014

I am a local that stayed at club floor with my family for a birthday celebration.
The rooms were very luxurious and the beds were comfortable; it had a panoramic view of Tumon that had me stunned, even though I am a local.
The club lounge was very high end and served tasty breakfast, and the friendly staffs made me feel special.
The staffs at the lobby made me feel very important as they bowed to me when I passed by them.
The pool had a cozy feeling and it was beautiful.
I've stayed at many other hotels, but this hotel has the best service on Guam.

Room Tip: All rooms are equipped with new furniture and is very clean. I recommend the club floor guestrooms.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Been to Lotte Hotel Guam? Share your experiences!