“A Water Park” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Onward Beach Resort

You added Onward Beach Resort to your Saves list
Onward Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   445 Governor Carlos G Camacho Rd, Tamuning, Guam 96913, Mariana Islands   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Tamuning
Tokyo, Japan
“A Water Park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Guam may be considered a paradise island of sorts with historic delights to savor. If scuba diving is your fancy then explore the ruins underwater with a guide to gaze at the splendor. The jungle landscape offers scenes of yesteryear where the history is replete with memories of Spanish control, Japanese takeover and the American assault. If you just need to sharpen your golf swings , there are some greens to putter around. The Onward Beach Resort complex glitters with a water park that kids gloat over and the service is impeccable. Practice the Chamorro native tongue that is spiced with some Spanish. Most people speak Japanese and English. Visit the Talofofo Falls and wonder about Mr. Yokoi, a Japanese soldier who had escaped, survived for 28 years after World War II. In all you will have great weather all year round.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Korean first
Chengdu, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

First time to Guam and a great island it is. There's quite a bit to do and if you like diving or snorkeling this is a great place to go. We had a great time in Guam despite the place we chose to stay. We reserved the House Quadruple which wasn't anything more than a dumpy hotel room with no artwork on the walls and one bathroom to share with the entire family. The bathroom didn't even have a locking door so privacy was an issue.

The waterpark is included but one day is enough fun. It's not that big and run down plus very busy on the weekends.

Breakfast was also included but the food was so horrible my family didn't want to return so our coupons went to waste. My son had a birthday while we were there and it is tradition for us to have breakfast in bed though the hotel was unwilling to accommodate our request of a simple thing like a breakfast tray and utensils.

I would return to Guam in a heartbeat but I would never return to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We visited Onward water park for the first time in Dec. It is a great place to spend the day. However, we arrived around 10:30 and had a hard time finding chairs. There is a lot of space for more chairs this is not utilized. They have a good priced bar with food. But, the food selection is terrible and the line to order was crazy. Even with only 2 or 3 people in front of you, it was an easy 5 to 10 minute wait. I waited 15 minutes once to order a drink. Overall, fun time, but they are missing out on a lot of potential.

Stayed December 2013
Chiba, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I visited this hotel as a family trip. By visiting there, I found that this hotel is very suitable for family trip because of the number of impressive points which this hotel has.
At first, I liked this hotel’s great location. Since the distance from main town named Tamuning to the hotel was not so close, around the hotel was not noisy. In addition, we could use a shuttle bus to go to main town without fare. It was very convenient to go shopping. Of course, the wonderful point of this hotel was not only its location. This hotel had very good ocean view. From the window of the room, we could see cobalt blue sea. it was so impressive, and unforgettable scenery.
Plus, in the hotel, we could enjoy a lot of water activities. In the site, there were two facilities called “Water Park” and “Marine Park”. Water Park was like amusement park! It has many kinds of water slides and other interesting swimming pools. I loved one of the slides called “The Manta” very much! It was like half-pipe used in snowboard play. I had never experienced such scary attraction before. Before I tried it, I hesitated to play, but after once I tried it, I played it for more than 30 times:) Marine Club was amusement which we can play in hotel’s private beach. From many kinds of activities, I chose jet-ski. It was the first time for me to drive jet ski, but staff taught me how to ride so kindly, I could enjoy this exciting attraction very much. I thought there activities would be so impressive experience.
Also, food was good. Breakfast I had was buffet type, and in dinner, I had BBQ with watching Polynesian dance show. I thought eating delicious food in nice situation is the happiest experience we can have only in the resort like there.
However, I was not satisfied with some points of this hotel. It was that some of the facilities didn’t work well. For example, shower in my room was looked a little old, and dial to adjust temperature of water was broken. In addition, television in my room also didn’t show any programs, and remote controller was broken. These are not good as a resort hotel, so, it should be improved.
except such problems, I don’t have any complaint about this hotel. Finally, I enjoyed this stay so much. If I got a opportunity to go to Guam, I want to visit there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We are on a family vacation here. staff is very friendly and helpful and the water park next door was fun, and free for us. We ate most meals at the restaurant 'Le Premier' and were never disappointed. Onward, by comparison to most other hotels and venues, looks great. For visitors to Guam, I'd suggest renting a car if you want to explore. The taxis are terribly expensive.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Sanda, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We stayed here as part of a package through H.I.S (Japanese tour company). H.I.S have their own desk in the lobby and they looked after us very well. We had access to the Sirena Bus service which was very convenient, the hotels location is a little far from some areas but is close to Guam Premium Outlet and there are a few restaurants nearby. There is also a supermarket very near but this is currently under renovations and is closed at the moment.
All of the Resort staff were friendly and helpful.
Our room was not perfectly clean when we arrived but the cleaners did an excellent job when making up the room.
The included breakfast buffet was fine for us, the food wasn't gourmet but not too bad, and as we had a lot of meals we planned to eat during the days, a light breakfast was all we needed. We ate at the restaurant Caravel, and we were happy with the food and service.
The pools, spa and water park were all clean and comfortable to use and we also enjoyed having direct access to the beach. We have an 11 month old baby, so we mainly used the 2 hotel pools and spa. We took advantage of the free 1 hour kayaking, which was fun.
There is no wireless internet in the rooms, but there is a business room which has free wireless and 6 computers available for use.
The convenience store located within the hotel is good, it's open from 8am - 11pm and has a good range of products.
Checkout was at a very comfortable time of 12 o'clock.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

I would not normally write criticisms, but never in my life have I had high blood pressure just requesting for service. I understand that workers just obey orders, just blindly following orders and not considering the needs or situation of the customer. Onward needs more heart, more care and not all business. I felt everything is business first and if a customer does not fall in line of business first, then forget it. I'm so sad, so neglected.

• Stayed October 2013

Been to Onward Beach Resort? Share your experiences!