“Abundance of luxury items but airport may be cheaper” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 2 Shopping in Tamuning
Tokyo, Japan
9 attraction reviews
“Abundance of luxury items but airport may be cheaper”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

I'm not a big brand shopper but enjoyed the variety of goods all under one room. Very good prices on cosmetics I was after, which are the same cheap US prices as Macys. However, the Clinique and Clarins things I were after were cheaper at the airport. Passport not required to shop here.

Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Guam, Mariana Islands
14 attraction reviews
“Unbelievable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Everybody knows, the DFS Galleria hold nothing but brand names. And ever so expensive but rightfully so. But when I am having a bad day, I just visit the galleria as my pocketbook rarely allows me to purchase items here. It's like walking into an enchanted department store, So cold, so clean, so breathtaking. 95% tourist patrons. But the entire layout, cleanliness, visuals, window decors, and smiles from the staff were always well-worth the visit. Walked into Louis Vuitton to look at their leather goods and was mesmerized at the smiles and greetings. All so very friendly. Went by Tiffany and the security officer named Jess R. even greeted little kids with a smile. He probably knew I couldn't afford Tiffany jewelry but he made me feel welcomed and made me feel like I would want to save some money to afford even an earring just to thank him for his welcoming ways.. I always feel special in places like these where the staff makes every single person feel special. Thank you DFS Galleria. Go there. Even just to feel welcomed and enjoy the relaxing atmosphere. It can be therapeutic.

Visited June 2013
Dededo, Guam
5 attraction reviews
“Loads of Choices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Be sure your bring your money or credit card. You'll want to buy something. They have tons of luxury brand bags, watches, clothing, makeup, and jewelry. You feel like a king or queen when you see all the choices available.

Visited October 2012
Shiki, Japan
78 attraction reviews
“Free slot machine lottery makes it worth a visit!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Okay, so the store is undoubtedly expensive as most reviewers here have pointed out.

However, other than shopping, there is another really great reason to visit here - the free slot machine lottery that anyone can play for free.

In order to be able to play, go to the customer service counter which is located on your left when you enter from the back of the store from the car park. Ask the staff member on duty for a 'shopping card'. This is a free cardboard card with a bar code on it. Go down to the floor below and in one corner of the store there is a bank of computer screens simulating slot machines.

Let the machines scan the bar code on your shopping card and you get a free go of the slot machine. Keep the card, because you can use it again the next day. However, you can only use it once a day. Luckily, it seems that the slot machines are programmed to allow players to almost always win every time they play. I, my wife and her sister played every day for about a week and won a 'prize' every time except for once.

The 'prizes' are printed out beneath the screen. So what kind of prizes are there, you may well be wondering. Well, they are discounts on attractions around Guam. The discounts are quite big discounts, and although I cannot recall the exact details of each individual prize, I do remember that there were discounts for places including 'The Globe Nightclub', 'The Fish Eye Marine Park', 'Underwater World' and, best of all (as far as we were concerned) 'The Sandcastle' which has a 'Las Vegas style show'. The Sandcastle's discount was a 2 for 1 deal. So, as there were 3 of us, we booked three tickets for the price of two. This gave us a quite significant discount of about $90, so effectively, we each had to pay up $60 instead of $90. Of course, if there are only 2 of you going, then you'll effectively be paying $45 each!

It took a few days before we were able to win this discount at the slot machines - I seemed to get The Globe Nightclub's discount prize repeatedly which I just had zero interest in using! However, if you win a 2 for 1 discount to The Sandcastle, and you want to use it, you should take it to the counter directly next to the machines and a staff member will book your tickets for you. You need to pay at this counter in DFS, not at The Sandcastle.

The show was great, and it was well worth us making the effort to pop into DFS everyday to play the slots.

Visited April 2012
Hong Kong, China
18 attraction reviews
“Marvellous if you like luxury brands and have money to spend :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

DFS Galleria is in the center of the main street of Tumon Bay, so you simply cannot avoid going as shuttle and shopping buses stop right at the door.

They have famous brands of cosmetics, ranging from MAC, shu uemura, Dior, L'occitane, Jurlique, Estee Lauder to Clarins (can't name them all!). Each counter is not big and so product selections are limited. But as they are catered for Guam and/or tourists coming to enjoy the sun and sea, they have good selection of sun block and after sun products.

I bought two after-sun lotions from Clarins for total around US$56. (I want to buy more as this product is already not in sale in HK now.) and some Godiva biscuits. Strangely enough, the Godiva's selection in DFS is more than their specialty shop near the Outrigger Hotel

The luxury brands shops are located at other side after the watches counters. Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Dior, Coach, Salvatore Ferragamo, Fendi, Loewe are all there!

When compared to the flagships in HK, these shops are smaller but they also have good selections and some are on sale with good bargain.

I bought two pairs of Ferragamo shoes of around US$350 each. Luckily they have my size and the service is very good. The sales ladies are not pushy and are very polite.

They provide many large couches for customers. One interesting thing you can see is there are many tired husbands/boyfriends lying on the couch waiting for their best halves.

It is a place for you if you love luxury brands. And it is a place if you have (much) money to spend. Guam is a expensive place to many people. But I would deem it as average as it is of similar spending level to most of Japan and Western Europe.

I love Guam more than some lower spending places in Asia as Guam is more decent, tidy, clean and quiet. Two things that I don't like are the hot weather in day time and limited funny things to see (hope I wil discover more when I go next time!)

Visited June 2012