“Good Choice in Pago Pago” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pago Airport Inn

Pago Airport Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pago Pago
Pago Airport Inn
You added Pago Airport Inn to your Saves list
Tafuna, Pago Pago, Tutuila 96799, American Samoa   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Pago Pago
Madison, Wisconsin
“Good Choice in Pago Pago”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I recently stayed two night at the Pago Airport Inn. I had a very comfortable room with AC and en suite bathroom. The hotel is located close to the airport and in a quiet location. The staff were very friendly and helpful. From what I could figure out, it's one of the most reasonable hotels price-wise. I would not hesitate to stay there again were I in Pago Pago.

Room Tip: The rooms are all along a main outside walkway so I would believe that most are the same.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Apia, null, Samoa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Service from Ruth and Keith - awesome. For the price the place is excellent. It is clean, comfortable and set in impressive gardens. There is air conditioning, WiFi, Cable and for half the price of other places of accommodation. I am a regular business traveller and will be staying here from now on.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Apia, Samoa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I stayed at Pago Airport Inn for 6 nights and felt safe, well catered for and most of all under the care and interest of the management and staff who took every step to ensure our group was well looked after. The Inn is set in lush and leafy grounds with a large and impressive pool with comfortable rooms which are not 5 star but have all you need including US cable tv (a treat for those from non US countries) big showers and comfy beds and large outdoor spaces to sit and enjoy the tranquility. The proximity to the international airport is a real bonus along with the very reasonable tariffs but to find such a quiet and secure oasis is rare. Ruth, Keith and The staff are truly kind and generous hosts whose commitment to ensuring their guests are treated with kindness and efficiency is a great find....not 'if' but simply 'when' the next stay in the best lil'home away from home on this island

Room Tip: A room on the first floor would be preferable Ask about meals being provided Great guys offer tra...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Aiea, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I travel to A.S. several times a year and have for a couple of years. I typically stay at the Tradewinds or Sadie's but decided to try the Airport Inn this trip. I will not stay anywhere else from now on and it is significantly less costly then than the others I have stayed. The Airport Inn is tucked away in a quiet neighborhood just up the road from the airport. The Inn is a bit older but clean, neat and comfortable with an abundance of mango trees and shrubs surrounding the buildings and parking area. BUT what makes the Airport Inn unique is the staff. They sincerely care about service and ensuring you are comfortable and well taken care of...not because it is their job but because they are warm and friendly individuals...all of them, the front desk, drivers, housekeeping and maintenance and I have had the opportunity to see and talk with them all while walking around the grounds. I needed a rental car, they found the least expensive for my needs and had it delivered! This morning a plate of fresh papaya was brought over to my room...only because I was chatting with one of the staff and talked about how much I liked the mango and papaya trees on the grounds. I will stay here exclusively and the teams I bring over periodically will stay here as well. Thanks

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same, I think
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Fargo, ND
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

My traveling associates and I rented 3 rooms for overnight stays while waiting for our departure from American Samoa. The rooms were quite adequate and the staff friendly and helpful. Nothing special, but clean and quiet. The restaurant was not operational but I was told that it would be remodeled soon. That will be important since there is no other eating establishment within reasonable walking distance. The hotel is a bit isolated and not near any dependable transportation stop, shops, or other attractions, which is a disadvantage. But, they provide free shuttle transport from and to the airport, which is a real plus. If I am back with a group next year I will probably stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Blue Mountains National Park, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

We stayed at the Pago Airport inn for two nights. It is in the vicinity of the airport and so we did not have to travel long to reach it. It is a beautiful place with a lovely garden. The check in was good and very impressive. The staffs were friendly and helpful. The room was large enough, beautiful, and tastefully decorated. It was clean, comfortable and had decent beds. The bathroom too was clean, of decent size, and well maintained. The view from the room was great. The beautiful scenarios were refreshing and soothing. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

This review is a little overdue. I only stayed here overnight on my way to Savaii, Samoa. There was a mob of people at Tafuna airport but I spotted a gentleman holding a sign with my name. He showed me to the hotel van and off we went, he was nice enough to stop at McDonald's along the way. At the hotel, Ruth, checked me in and directed me to my room. The room was spacious and very clean. The hotel is in a very quiet neighborhood but conveniently close to the airport. The next morning at check out I was greeted again by Ruth and June at the front desk. The two of them made me feel so welcomed that I almost didn't want to leave. We carried on like old friends. This was my first visit to Samoa and everyone I met expressed true, "fa'a Samoa," it's all about making guests feel welcomed. Thank you, Ruth and June!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo

Been to Pago Airport Inn? Share your experiences!