“Fantastic experience.....laughed til I cried” 5 of 5 stars

Visit Chief's Luau at Sea Life Park like an insider
$82*
and up
More attraction details
Owner description: Chief's Luau is TripAdvisor's highest rated luau in the state of Hawaii. It is the ultimate authentic, interactive and romantic experience that culminates with a spectacular 10-minute, 8-man fire knife dance. You will feel you were invited to the Chief's backyard. Experience up-close and personal activities with Chief's entire cast, 'imu ceremony and a sumptuous dinner buffet. Stunning ocean-mountain vista, the smallest and most intimate of all luaus on Oahu, located only 25 minutes from Waikiki. Produced by Chief Sielu Avea.
Gloucester, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Fantastic experience.....laughed til I cried”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We celebrated our 20th Wedding Anniversary with the Chief.....and what a great night he made it. The whole show was an experience not to be missed, activities galore, dancing, comedy and fire....who could ask for more. The location was idyllic with the ocean on one side and the mountains on the other. The transport en route to the show was great and the host on board really got you in the mood to actively participate in what was to come. Food was good and there was plenty of it.... I think we were told to 'eat til you were tired', however the plates you are given are so big that by the end of one plate you are tired!!! GO and see for yourself. You won't regret it .

“What a great night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I am so happy that we chose this luau for so many reasons. First of all, the location at the Sea Life Park is spectacular. A show with a beautiful beach in the background? Perfect! Secondly, Chief's Luau is set up to accommodate only a few hundred people, as opposed to the 1000+ you'll see at some of the other top luaus. Our shuttle from Waikiki was right on time and our guide made the 30-minute trip to the venue pass by quickly. The pre-dinner activities were fun and included hula lessons, spear throwing, headband weaving and more. There was just enough time to get through everything without getting bored while waiting for dinner. Following an Imu ceremony and a presentation from the Chief, it was time to eat! We had the Royal package, so we were seated close to the stage and received table service.
It was worth it to have good seating, but I wouldn't have minded going through the buffet because it seemed to be moving quickly. The servers were efficient and attentive. The food was okay, but I didn't love it. Just my personal taste, I think, because my son who is 14 and very picky LOVED it! It was fun to try a good variety of authentic Hawaiian items I had never had before, though.
Finally, the show was amazing! Singing, dancing, comedy, audience participation and best of all, the fire performance. My (again, very picky teenager) son even enjoyed it all! Overall a fun, mellow and friendly evening.
I think we would have enjoyed it just as much with the regular package, but spring for the Royal if you premium seating (plus a super quick walk through a few Sea Life Park) is your priority. Thanks to the Chief and his talented team for a great night!

Brooklyn, New York
8 attraction reviews
“Like a backyard BBQ... Plus Polynesian dances”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Don't go expecting a lavish feast, but the roast pork was very tasty and the Mai-tais were sweet and good. The performances were well done and the Chief is very funny, a good showman. A fun time but maybe a bit long especially for people with little kids. The traditional activities were interesting but there's not time to do all of them so choose wisely. Skip tattoo which is just airbrushed ink.

4 attraction reviews
“Best Luau in Oahu!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Never been to a luau before so I decided why not celebrate my 40th birthday in one. I had a blast! I was told by my family that so far, the Chief's luau was the best that they have been to and I totally can see why. The location was almost beach side, the food was good, the staff are all smiles and the entertainment was A+. The Chief really knows how to hold a luau. I highly recommend anybody looking for a great luau to try this place.

cincy ohio
“June 2013 Great Luau”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We were staying at a condo next to a luau for Hilton, but it was going to be on a rooftop of a parking garage, and we want the atmosphere and scenic background of a hawaiian luau so we researched and Chiefs was rated the best and we found the reviews were correct. The mtn behind the sea in front of you, and MANY fire dancerss made it awesome. it was the 1 year anniversary so an extra champion fire thrower was there, but the best thing about it was how heartfelt the appreciation was that shown by the chief and dancers they were proud and appreciative of the audience. Food was good and if you have chance walk around sea park. I would do this one again

Visited June 2013