“Absolutley Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 Attractions in Waimanalo
Type: Performances
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Chief's Luau is TripAdvisor's #1 ranked paid attraction on the island of Oahu. It is the ultimate authentic, interactive and romantic experience that culminates with a spectacular 10-minute, 8-man fire knife dance. You will feel you were invited to the Chief's backyard. Experience up-close and personal activities with Chief's entire cast, 'imu ceremony and a sumptuous dinner buffet. Stunning ocean-mountain vista, the smallest and most intimate of all luaus on Oahu, located only 25 minutes from Waikiki. Produced by Chief Sielu Avea.
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
4 attraction reviews
“Absolutley Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The highlight of our time in Hawaii. The entertainment was absolutely amazing, stunning display of abilities and hilarious.
Food was plentiful and very exotic/traditionally Hawaiian. Was great.
The chief is one of the Happiest and funniest people Ive ever met. Recommend this to everyone visiting Hawaii and i will definitely be going again the next time i visit.

Visited November 2012

Steeler Country
7 attraction reviews
“This is the ONE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

First of all, I didn't think I'd enjoy myself at a "genuine Hawaiian Luau" but I was wrong. I don't know how the Chief entwined history, culture and laughter into a short evening, but he did. Added to his program was a beautiful sunset complete with the silhouette of a seaside lighthouse as a backdrop for pictures. I highly recommend the location and the professional, yet family atmosphere of the Chief's Luau!

Visited October 2012
Savannah, Georgia
122 attraction reviews
“Fun luau, campy...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

If you're looking for a traditional luau that is culturally accurate, this is not for you. It is a campy show with lots of jokes, pranks, and innuendo. However, you will enjoy the show and the food, you will chuckle at the jokes, and in the end you will have a good time. Be sure to get there early enough to participate in the pre-show activities. This was fun to experience once, I would not go again.

Ventura, California
“My Son Wanted to Experience a Luau”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Before we got to Hawaii, I had booked a few activies for all of us to enjoy. When we got to Oahu, my 22 year son wanted to go to a luau. Who knew? I had been to several luaus over the years and was kinda over them, but since he had never been to one, I hastily booked the Chief's Luau based on reviews and we had the best time. Before the show, we all got painted tatoos, wove headbands, threw the lances into the circle, and made fire. During the show, Chief Sielu was at the heart of everything. He played the slack key guitar, told us about the way the pig was cooked, laughed, sang and joked his way through the evening. The pace was very good and the fire dance at the end was absolutely spell binding. My son still talks about the event. Chief Sielu is 'da man' and his group of entertainers are excellent. Great time!

Visited November 2012
5 attraction reviews
“Make this your Hawaiian Luau!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I saw Chief perform just under 2 years ago at Polynesian Cultural Center. I'm back in Oahu and stumbled upon learning he created his own luau show. If you read my other review it is my pleasure to report Luau redemption courtesy of Chief and his stellar crew after my fiasco in Maui (see my review). I decided to go with my gut that Chief could deliver and so pleased I did! The entertainment and humor throughout the show was great. Good energy and good humor really helped the experience. Make this your Hawaiian luau experience! Also, a quick sidebar is the location was beautiful and make sure you get there at 4:30 as that is not only when the gates open but the pre-show starts.