“It's an okay place.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Hawaiian
Chicago
“It's an okay place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

The first time I came here I was disappointed. On this visit I came with three friends to give it a second try.
Vegetable meatloaf - very good
Sweet potato side - cold, but good
Salad - very good

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Hayward, California
“Down Home eats”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The food and service was great. We drove up from Hanauma Bay where I spent a couple hours snorkeling. That left me hungry and very thirsty. I checked our places to eat while at home and put this place into the strong possibility group for stops on our HI trip. The drive was only about 20 minutes or, or so. The are close to the fast food under golden arches. Skip the common, overly franchised places for some great local food. Both my wife and I had Kailua pork. Hers served over white rice (brown was another choice) or with a salad or coleslaw; mine served as a pulled pork sandwich and accompanied by the coleslaw. Both were very tasty. I also ordered a shake which I don't remember it's name but was made with banana, chocolate and peanut-butter. Oh my this was so good, and so refreshing after my swim. They also had free infused ice-water near the tables outside. One lemon the other pineapple. The inside is part gift shop and part restaurant. The latter being an order counter only. Prices were fair as the bill came out to about $20, give or take a little. Outdoor seating is limited to just a few long picnic tables so plan on sharing or carrying. The tables are not far off road so it is sometimes noisy as the vehicles pass. Parking was a bit limited too. On arrival nothing was available in front so we walked [less than 2 minutes] over from the arches. For these two reasons I knocked 1 star off and only because I can't go to 4.5 stars. If ever I am in the area, I will surely stop and taste more of that Sweet Home cooking. Mahalo cousins.

Corona, California
“Healthy Meal on Oahu drive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

This little hole in the wall, if you blink you will miss it, Triple D food stop did not disappoint. We had seen the episode but had not planned on making the drive to visit, until we missed a snorkeling opportunity. My wife remembered the episode with great vegetarian options, including a home made vege burger. We looked it up on Yelp and it was only a few minutes away! Unfortunately the carnivore got the better of 2 of us and we had to try the pulled pork plate! But the vege burger and fish tacos were great too. A side of corn on the cob was not soggy, as most restaurants end up with and the pork portions were huge, as you can see from the photos. We highly recommend these and saw excellent looking Acai bowls too. Only 2 doors down from a McDonalds, not sure why anyone would stop for a Big Mac when you can have great home made, healthy food next door!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Nice food, so-so attitude”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed nearby and based on all the reviews we decided to go. It's good to see new businesses in Waimanalo, particularly those focused on local dishes and ingredients. The place does have good atmosphere - they did a good job converting the old building. The food was good - my wife particularly enjoyed the Asian Tofu scramble. The Kalo and egg burrito was good, but not as flavorful as the scramble.
The only downside was the staff... (it's self service)... but they certainly did not make us feel welcome. No smiles, and it seemed the person taking our order was doing us a favor. We ignored it, but that was the main reason for my lower rating.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“I love you guys!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We were so blown away by the nice meal, obviously lovingly prepared, and in keeping with the modern movement of really healthy meals, I was so pleased that my family could enjoy a fresh, home-cooked meal during our long vacation.

Suggestion for down the road, I don't mind eating outdoors on the side of the highway, but remind your customers not to idle their vehicles (we noticed a guy staying in his truck for the AC), as the fumes were not a pleasant addition to our meal.

• Visited May 2014