“Awesome” 5 of 5 stars

across from Waimanalo Beach Park, Phone 688-4117, Waimanalo, Oahu, HI
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Waimanalo
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Description: We just toured Oahu on a shoe string/found great values & in Hawaii there are great values eating out of neat lunchwagons...not to mention the views...I have Pictures & items & prices of their menu along with cute pictures of owners serving & the lunchwagon itself This is Polynesian Hawaiian cooking at it's best....Great Food & Great Value...Will be happy to send you pics. Thank you, dj
Whakatane, New Zealand
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

This is awesome. Very friendly and they showed us around and the way they cooked their kai. A must place to stop!!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Dallas, Texas
“Surprising find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stumbled upon this place on a scenic drive around the island. Clean and friendly staff with lots of choices on the menu! I had the smoked pork sandwich and it was delicious. I would definitely like to go back to try some other items on the menu.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Anchorage, Alaska
“Great grill off the beaten path”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Found this jewel while staying at a nearby beach cottage, and made it our go-to place for breakfast (especially the fresh cooked malasadas). Fish tacos and kalbi/teriyaki chicken combos excellent as well. Service was very friendly, even at the busiest time of a holiday weekend (MLK Day). Well worth a drive, even if you're not staying just down the block.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Victorville, California
“Ono Steaks and Shrimp Shack”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

My husband and I had been to the Halona Blowhole and we were hungry. So we drove up to Waimanalo to find this place to eat at. It's tucked up on Oluolu Street right off the Kalanianole Hwy. We found the place clean and with very friendly staff. It's an old restaurant building but charming. We ordered garlic shrimp, coconut shrimp, steak, tender and flavorful, garlic fries, too dry but tasty and a fish taco, very delcious just too much sauce . I had a POG (passion fruit, orange and guava fruit punch), my husband had a Sprite. First, both types of shrimp were cooked to perfection. I really like coconut shrimp and Ono's is the best I have ever eaten! I wonder if they lightly toast their coconut first? I'll have to ask next time we go back on our next visit. We both ordered our meals with their potato and mac salad which needed a little more salt and pepper, and the standard sticky rice. Their version of garlic shrimp and fries, is they toast the garlic to a nice golden brown without being bitter. The garlic shrimp is sauteed in the shell and give an added depth of flavor which I like. The down side is that you need to peel your shrimp, luckily not so for the coconut shrimp! All in all, we really liked the food and atmosphere. It's worth stopping there for a satisfying lunch and the value for what you get is spot on.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mooresville, NC
“Ono's Lunchwagon-Waimanalo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

My wife and I ate at Ono's twice during our recent vacation on Oahu. One day after enjoying a day at Bellow's beach, we stopped for dinner. I had the garlic shrimp and my wife had the coconut shrimp. Both were excellent, and the portions were hearty. A few days later we stopped for lunch and tried the fish tacos. They were the best fish tacos I have had. I strongly recommend stopping at Ono's if you are on the windward side of Oahu.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere