“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Waimanalo Beach Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waimanalo
Waimanalo Beach Cottages
You added Waimanalo Beach Cottages to your Saves list
41-010 Wailea Street, Waimanalo, Oahu, HI   |
Woonsocket, Rhode Island
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

First, speaking with Andrea (the owner) for our reservation was a pleasure, so I expected great things before we even got there. I am very picky about everything. She was helpful. Upon arrival, we were greeted by her son, Tommy. (Also a nice person to talk to) He made sure we got into our cottage ok and that we had everything we need. I mentioned snorkeling to Andrea when booking, and there was a new snorkel set waiting for us when we got there. We didn't ask for that. The place was clean and stocked with dishes, glasses, towels, TP, soap, ect. We had a beautiful view of the ocean and the mountains from our cottage.The grounds are small but very nice, flower trees, banana trees, aloe, patio, ect. The beach is so close. We saw zero people on it whenever we went, Saturday being the exception, and even then not one of the 5 people we saw were even close to us. It was like having our own beach. Living in the Ocean state RI, we have beaches. Not like this we don't. WOW! I could go on and on. Let me just say that we went to Hawaii to get married and enjoy ourselves. This is the place to stay. No horns honking, high traffic, just quiet and comfort away from the busy cities. We loved the scenic rides into the city though, and up the coast to attractions. The town was nice and the locals very courteous and kind. One last thing..... Hey Waimanalo Beach Cottages........Thank you, and We'll be back!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Kauai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

We had such a great stay. Loved cottage #11 with the great view and sound of the ocean. The cottage was very comfortable, clean and private. The deck was great for just relaxing.
The location was awesome and the beach was amazing to jog/walk and swim! Very few people on this beach unlike others we have experience in other locations.

Close to shops and Great food. OMG the hike up Makapuu light house, Amazing for photos.

enjoyed the local small town feel :) and very relaxing!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Streatley
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

My husband and I took our trip of a lifetime to Hawaii and stayed at Waimanalo Cottages. The location is perfect, just a short walk down the beach access from the Cottage. We rented a one-bedroom cottage that was adequate, except we were invested with ants all week and could not use our lainai because of the noise. . A couple of weeks before we left I went on Google Earth and saw that a new home was being built right behind our cottage. I immediately emailed the owner, Andrea Peters, who assured me that they had finished the construction and were just finishing up the garden. We arrived on Sunday and everything was perfect. On Monday morning at 6:45 am were were awoken by sawing, and hammering. This continued all day long for a week and every morning our alarm was the same-sawing and hammering. We decided that this would not ruin our vacation. We went to bed early, got up early, turned up the music very loudly, ate breakfast, packed and left for the day. We had a wonderful time on Oahu. My only dissapointment was that the owner of this cottage LIED to me about the construction and never offered any compensatoin or even for us to move to another cottage (they were not full). I emailed her the first day we encountered this situation and she never even bothered to answer my email. UNBELIEVABLE!!! I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND WAIMANALO COTTAGES TO ANYONE. THIS IS SIMPLY A BUSINESS FOR THEM WITHOUT REGARD FOR THEIR CUSTOMERS. AS A BUSINESS CONSULTANT, THIS IS THE ULTIMATE IN POOR MANAGEMENT. PLEASE TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO AVOID THESE COTTAGES. WAIMANALO WAS WONDERFUL BUT NOT THE COTTAGES RUN BY MS. PETERS..

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Waimanalo Beach Cottages? Share your experiences!